Urch Forums

Toefl Ibt

sonalikalra29

Hey

Did anybody tried giving this ToEFL IBT after june TSE exam....

Howz the speaking part...coz i am mailny concerned about the speaking section.

Is it better than TSE or no difference...please give suggestions..i am desperate to know about it.

After giving TSE for 3times i amnot able to clear.When i dont prepare for it i get 45 and when i prepared for it so well then again i get 45.....

I mean i really dont understand how these people rate this exam..its totally ambiguous.

Well now trying for IBT on 29th of this month.just praying to clear it this time.

So please compare both tests(speaking part).

Thanks

God bless all

Thanks for ur reply KNok...

I mean ur rght we still have to speak to a machine....

and now the speaking time is even less for some Q 45sec....

common these guys are crazy...

But are the Q better and do they make sense....its really freaking me...

Listening..reading and then replying to those Q...is it easy to comment on them.......

PLease help..

Thanks

I find that question 4 is the hardest one. The passage is all about sophisticated academic lecture. Sometimes, question 6 is hard as well. It depends on whether you get an easy or difficult passage. You have to try to understand the passages provided and try to immerge yourself in it. Imagine that you have to speak on what you are uncomfortable with so you may have to try to pretend to love it until you pass.

Good luck. If you have IELTS alternative, go for IELTS.

At least, you have a real interview.

Knok

Overall I think ibt Speaking is easier than TSE. I think any test is easier than TSE. I have told many of my students that if they could pass the TSE, they can pass anything.

One thing to remember is that don't just answer the questions, think of speaking just like essay, in an essay you have an intro-body-con in the same way have the same elements in the speaking answer.

Second thing to remember, don't answer generally, ETS asks a general question and most people answer generally and generally they fail.

Third speak slowly and clearly, most of us tend to speak too fast and rater (is ibt speaking graders are called raters? Or will they change the title?) will have a hard time understanding your answer. Think of it this way faster you speak lower your score. Of course if you are too slow, it will be negative too, but for most of us, we tend to talk too fast.

I hope this is helpful and good luck in ibt.

Hi, i am taking the IBT and wanted some suggestion.

1. i am not able to finish my answer in alloted time? is that bad?

2. I find hard to summarize lecture specail about socalogy subjects any suggestion about it.

3. when a question state that explain teh problem and the suggested answer in the talk. is it ok and start answering the question like that. or to follow some guidelines.

I will appreciate the suggestions

Good luck to all

Hi, i am taking the IBT and wanted some suggestion.

1. i am not able to finish my answer in alloted time? is that bad?

2. I find hard to summarize lecture specail about socalogy subjects any suggestion about it.

3. when a question state that explain teh problem and the suggested answer in the talk. is it ok and start answering the question like that. or to follow some guidelines.

I will appreciate the suggestions

Good luck to all

It is ok not to finish the answer on time, if you try to rush your answer to finish in time, it would be worst. No suggestion on #2, but on #3 it is a always a good idea to follow the guide line I mentioned above.

I just finished TOEFL iBT. I don't think that 26 on speaking section is possible for me.

The reading was horrible. It contained 5 passages. I also had trouble reading from the screen in the first 20 minutes. I asked the test proctors why they didn't provide LCD screens while other test centers did. They said that because other test centers are franchise.

December result showed that I got 20 on speaking section. The June result showed that I got 17. I think this month, I may get 15. I feel that I should give up and file a lawsuit. A lawsuit is highly possible than reaching 26 on this speaking section. Preparation time is too limited for each question. This test provents me from practicing my chosen career. It should not be the only test which is used to measure my English speaking ability.

I hate ETS.

Bye,

Knok