Urch Forums

Please try your best to pass the TSE

knok

Hi folks,

Please put your best effort to pass the TSE. TOEFL iBT is a lot harder and longer. Before taking speaking section, you're already worn out from reading 5 passages and listening.

Here is the trouble:

1.Demand for taking TOEFL iBT is a lot higher than TSE since everyone who wants to get to American Colleges is required to take it. The site for registering TOEFL iBT was broken almost a month. When you call ETS or Thomson Prometric, they may say, "We do not have enough people to register for you today, please call back later... or... .the computer is down, we cannot see your information, please call back later... " It is a chaos..Please spare time at least 1-2 days for registration. If you are lucky, you may have to wait only 30 minutes. They are busy.

2. Questions and vocabulary in speaking part of TOEFL iBT are a lot harder than TSE.

3 Time for TOEFL iBT for note taking and preparation is more limited.

4. It is not easy to register for TOEFL iBT. Each test center has limited number of seats.

5. The test centers for TOEFL iBT are absolutely distracting. In TSE, you can select the test center offering an individual room. For TOEFL iBT, you have to speak in the same time with at least 10 people in difficult topics.

6. For those who do not prepare and do not expect to pass TOEFL iBT, please reschedule the test and take it later so that those who need TOEFL score for applying for next academic year can take it. They do not need 26 on speaking section.

7. TOEFL iBT sometimes is secheduled at strange time starting at 7 p.m. or 6 a.m.

Most schools ignore speaking section. They just require 3 parts excluding speaking section.

Also, if you pass TSE, your life will be much happier.

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Knok:tup:

Amol,

I could not pass the TSE and do not plan to take it since it is discontinued in the U.S. It seems to me that there is no beautiful path to walk in a new route but at least I can see the differences between the two tests.

I may have to sleep 12 hours before taking the TOEFL iBT because it takes me 5-6 hours including time for checking in. If I add commuting time, it would be 8-9 hours for the whole process.

Good luck and do your best when you have a chance. :tup:

Knok

• 1 year later...
I just received my tse score report.....after all the hardships....I got 55. Thank you very much. I am very happy.... I got more than the required.......What I did? Well, be calm, I did not feel nervous during the exam......my voice did not crack.....I really practice a lot this time, on my own with timer, I recorded my voice....I listen to my recordings and critic it......Goodluck to all test takers this March......:tup:

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Could you please tell me what study materials did you use for TSE? or anybody who took TSE in a last couple years have any idea?

I'm also wondering if a style of questions has been changed lately?

My friend is going to take TSE in this coming August. It would be great if you give her any suggestions.

Thanks!