Urch Forums

#002: Parents are the best teachers.

wall

Hi all :D,

I am new so I try all my best to write an example of essay following TM website's essay I read. Here is my Essay. Please help me by finding out all errors I met.

Thanks and best regards,:cool:

Tuong

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Topic:

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use the specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

My essay:

The first teachers we have in our lives in most circumstances are our parents. They teach us to walk, to speak and to have the first good behavior before we approach the real world. They teach us all aspect of our lives.

Surely, at the beginning of our lives, the parents are the best teachers who are the most involved in teaching their children. They have an instinct to sacrifice a part of their lives for the betterment of their children. They have great patience while giving their knowledge to us other than anyone because they love us. And there are some implicit lessons for the children when they face their parents’ habits and styles of behavior. The most different thing between the particular professional teacher and our parents is that parents are the most involved in the education and development of children. The parents can spend much time for our other than particular professional teacher.

During the children’s youth, parents still are the best teacher to offer the best advice even though the children may not accept it. In this period, the children often love to do anything they want, even though they do not concern with their parent’s advice. For my education example, when I was a secondary school pupil, I used to play truant while my parents wanted I took fully teaching’s lesson in the school. Furthermore, in the puberty of the children, parents could become a closest friend of them. They could share all secret wonders with their children.

On the other hand, we would say that parents are not professional teachers. Being a teacher of growing child become more and more complicated, therefore parents are not able to meet the more increased demands of the children. Parents also tend to treat their children with kindness because of their love of their children. In many cases, parents usually can present only their point of view of the world, while professional teachers should do in different attitudes. For instance, when children ask their parents about particular scientific subjects, they might not answer them with their limiting knowledge, the professional teachers could answer them in this case. Thus, children may learn much more than their parents when they go to school and have a diversity of the professional teachers.

To sum up, while parents are not the ideal teachers, children still need the parents as the first teachers in their lives and then they also will need a great diversity of the professional teachers in their lives in order to have a more accurate view of the world, and the most important thing is that parents are the most involved with investment of their children in their future.

Wall, welcome to TM forum!

It is quite hard to say something about your essay because you chose one of the most difficult topics. That's is why I won't comment your ideas (don't worry - they are good).

Generally your essay is good. It's long, but it has some grammar mistakes (but they aren't very bad), for example: ...parents still are the best teachers offering the best...

Just you should clearly say do you agree with the statement provided in the topic or not.

Way to go! I would give you the score of 6.0 for this essay.

Next time try to write an essay within 30 min.

It isn't much, but HTH! Renata

Originally posted by wall

The first teachers we have in our lives in most circumstances are our parents. They teach us to walk, to speak and to have the first good behavior before we approach the real world. They teach us all aspect of our lives.

Surely, at the beginning of our lives, the parents are the best teachers who are the most involved in teaching their children. They have an instinct to sacrifice a part of their lives for the betterment of their children. They have great patience while giving their knowledge to us other than anyone because they love us. And there are some implicit lessons for the children when they face their parents’ habits and styles of behavior. The most different thing between the particular professional teacher and our parents is that parents are the most involved in the education and development of children. The parents can spend much time for our other than particular professional teacher.

During the children’s youth, parents still are the best teacher to offer the best advice even though the children may not accept it. In this period, the children often love to do anything they want, even though they do not concern with their parent’s advice. For my education example, when I was a secondary school pupil, I used to play truant while my parents wanted I took fully teaching’s lesson in the school. Furthermore, in the puberty of the children, parents could become a closest friend of them. They could share all secret wonders with their children.

On the other hand, we would say that parents are not professional teachers. Being a teacher of growing child become more and more complicated, therefore parents are not able to meet the more increased demands of the children. Parents also tend to treat their children with kindness because of their love of their children. In many cases, parents usually can present only their point of view of the world, while professional teachers should do in different attitudes. For instance, when children ask their parents about particular scientific subjects, they might not answer them with their limiting knowledge, the professional teachers could answer them in this case. Thus, children may learn much more than their parents when they go to school and have a diversity of the professional teachers.

To sum up, while parents are not the ideal teachers, children still need the parents as the first teachers in their lives and then they also will need a great diversity of the professional teachers in their lives in order to have a more accurate view of the world, and the most important thing is that parents are the most involved with investment of their children in their future.

Score: 6.0!!

Wow! What a great first essay! You get a 7.0!!

Although your essay has some minor grammar mistakes, your writing, organization, and ideas are all so great that you easily get a 6.0 on this one.

Great work!

Erin

Dear Renata!

I would love that you show me the errors that I met as much as possible to make me writing better in the future!

Originally posted by Vaya

Wall, welcome to TM forum!

It is quite hard to say something about your essay because you chose one of the most difficult topics. That's is why I won't comment your ideas (don't worry - they are good).

Generally your essay is good. It's long, but it has some grammar mistakes (but they aren't very bad), for example: ...parents still are the best teachers offering the best...

-----------------------------------------------------------

I am confused with your comment. Why couldn't I write as following :

..parents still are the best teachers to offer the best...

Just you should clearly say do you agree with the statement provided in the topic or not.

Way to go! I would give you the score of 6.0 for this essay.

Next time try to write an essay within 30 min.

It isn't much, but HTH! Renata

Thanks & best regards,

Tuong

Hi!

Dear Renata!

I would love that you show me the errors that I met as much as possible to make me writing better in the future!

Sorry, but I am forced to say no... Your grammar is good enough and my knowledge isn't so good.

I posted grammar lesson at english grammar forum about -ing and infinitive. But in this particular case -- infinitive means that something is a purpose of something (This painting is here to cover the hole on the wall :)). In your sentence it seems that parents are here only to offer you the best something.

Your sentence can ...be the best teachers who offer... In toefl grammar forum there is a topic about 'reduced adj clause'. Read it and I hope it will explain you something.

Renata

Dear Vaya and Erin,

Thank you much for your comment, I am new and this is my first essay. You have encouraged me! I wrote this essay for a long while, I will try write another topic in the limiting time.

Yes, the most important and most difficult thing is that we have to write the essay within 30 minutes and without any dictionaries.

Originally posted by Vaya

Hi!

Dear Renata!

Sorry, but I am forced to say no... Your grammar is good enough and my knowledge isn't so good.

I posted grammar lesson at english grammar forum about -ing and infinitive. But in this particular case -- infinitive means that something is a purpose of something (This painting is here to cover the hole on the wall :)). In your sentence it seems that parents are here only to offer you the best something.

Your sentence can ...be the best teachers who offer... In toefl grammar forum there is a topic about 'reduced adj clause'. Read it and I hope it will explain you something.

Renata

Renata, When are you going to take Toefl exam?

I see that you are pretty good at writing essays. That is very good because I am really bad at it. I hope that you will help me to improve my writing skill. Do you agree?? Thanks in advance

Harbinger

Hi Harbinger (the man with my favorite signature :D)!

Yes, someday I will take TOEFL.

Yes, I will help you if am able to. Just post your essay and we will see. Don't be shy (if you are). You are studying very hard, it seems tha you have million TOEFL books and know a lot about grammar. I respect it. I don't study at all, I have only one book (which is very stupid...) and I know very little about grammar...

Best scores! Renata

• 1 month later...

TOPIC #002:

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

ESSAY:

I agree with the statement that parents are the best teachers. While children may receive formal education in certain educational institutions under the guidance of teachers, lecturers and professors, It is under the guidance of his/her parents that a child learns the basic skills required of a human being.

Children learn many things by imitation. And they spend most of their learning period with their parents. While it is true that learning is a life long process and one keeps learning new things all along one's life irrespective of their age, It is in the childhood that the fundamental personality of a person is shaped. By imitating their parents, children learn the basic skills of communication like talking and expressing and interpreting emotions and gestures. They formulate good habits, learn how to walk, how to write and to do other things. What parents do and what they teach their children influences the basic character of children and also determines the path of future development.

Apart from learning by imitation, children inherit some fundamental qualities from their parents. These combined with the moral values that a child learns by interacting with his parents and observing their reactions to what is good and what is bad, shapes the internal entity of a child.

A child also approaches his parents to know about various things in the process of learning. Parents are the most readily available sources of knowledge whom they can trust. While certain apprehensions and anxieties may prevent a child from openly seeking knowledge from other sources like teachers, they can freely ask for help from their parents. This helps them to gain knowledge not only about academic matters but also about how to deal with other situations they encounter in life.

Thus I feel that parents play a paramount role in imparting knowledge to children, teaching them basic skills and facts of life, and in shaping their entire life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I 'typed' this in some 25 minutes.

It's now under your microscope.

Raghuveer.

... --- ...

• 7 months later...

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use the specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

From whom do we get better advices if not from our parents? Although the question is rhetoric, we must acknowledge the fact that often, parents find themselves in the impossibility to expand or helps us acquiring new data or information in very specific fields of study we chose when we grow older, and attend university, for example. The parents are the first teachers, not necessary the best teachers in our lives.

My mother always used to say that someone's education relies greatly on the first seven years of life, implying that, the education one receives during those years is crucial to the individual. I think that my mother is right, and that our entire upbringing is related to them, to some extent. What we learn from our parents through these years is how to walk, talk, eat in the first place, and secondly, but certainly not less important, how to behave. I cannot think of somebody more qualified than the parents to teach the child such things, and I am making this statement because they are usually extremely patient with the child. This huge amount of patience relies in the great love they bear us.

Later when the child becomes an adolescent, or bigger, his needs, are certainly much higher in terms of acquiring knowledge and maybe sometimes the parents are not so well trained to guide them, still, the best advices when it comes to life experiences we get mostly from our parents. For example, I was lucky, because my parents are working in the same field in which I choose to develop a career and they are truly the best teachers that I have.

In conclusion, we are totally dependent on our parents in the first years of our lives and we learn the basics concerning daily activities of any human being, but unfortunately, later the parents can only give us advices, not always having the capacity to help us broadening our knowledge. Therefore, parents are indeed great teachers but they are not the best ones.

"Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use the specific reasons and examples to support your answer"

please rate my composition,any score.

[/size]In the children's growing,they will go to the different kinds of the schools,they will meet many different kinds of the teachers,but the parent is the best teacher.

Firstly,from the very early time,parent is the model for their children,children treat their parent as the best man or woman in the world so that parent will play the very important role in their children's teaching.their children also will study a lot from their parent.

Secondly,parent and their children live with each other everyday so that parent has the best understanding about their children,they know about what is the children's weakness,what they want,what is their interest.They have the best teacher in their children's life.

Thirdly,every parent love their children a lot,they will not do anything which can harm their children.So that parent's teaching to their children is the best benefit to them,and the children themselves will be nourished a lot from their parent too.

To sum up,the parent is the best teacher in their children's life,if parent try their best to have the good teaching for the children,that will benefit their children the most.[/size]

Originally posted by ccll11

"Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use the specific reasons and examples to support your answer"

please rate my composition,any score.

[/size]In the children's growing,they will go to the different kinds of the schools,while are growing,children, go to different schools andthey will meet many different kindsmeet teachers with different backgrounds and capabilities of the teachers,butI consider that the parent is the best teacher.

Firstly,from the very early time,theparent is thea model for theirhis children,childrenthe kids- repetitive treat their parents as the best man or woman in the world, so thattherefore, parents will play thea very important role in their children's teachingeducation.theirthe children also will studylearn a lot from their parents.

personally I think that this phrase is too long, you should try to reduce it a little bit. Also, check the grammar at the articles chapter

Secondly,parents and their children live with each other everyday consequently,so that aparent has the best understanding about theirhis children,they know about whatwhich is the children's weakness,what they want,what is their interest.They have the best teacher in their children'schilhood? life.

Thirdly,every parent loves theirhischildren a lot,and will not do anything which canto harm their childrenthem.So that parent's teaching to their children is the best benefit to themso,that children will benefit from their parents life experience and be nourished in the same timeand the children themselves will be nourished a lot from their parent too.

To sum up,the parent is the best teacher in theira children's life,if parent try their best to have the good teaching for the children,that will benefit their children the most.[/size] needs restatement

the arguments did not convinced me.. work on articles..and on vocabulary..that is all from me..I am not a wizard..this is the best I can do. Please take in consideration that is the first time that I actually correct mistakes on TM

:o

Parents are not always the best teachers!

Could you please have a comment on my essay?

Topic # 002: Do you agree or disagree with the following

statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific

reasons and examples to support your answer.

There are many people who believe that parents are the best teachers. But I could not agree with this opinion. What I believe is that, parents may be good teachers, but not always the best teachers.

On the one hand, in some aspects, parents have a better condition to be good teachers to their children. They bring them up from their birth, and they know what their children like or dislike, what is their children’s strength and weakness. They have a close relation with their children and more importantly, they always have the willingness to bring their best to them.

But, on the other hand, parents usually do not have pedagogic methods. Good pedagogic methods, in fact, could help the children conceive the knowledge and skill faster and more efficiently. The children will be more likely to be a success if they receive a good education from professional teachers than if they are tought by their parents alone.

Another point is that, parents in teaching their children often tend to act by their feeling. Because they believe that they are the parents and that they just want the best to their children, they assign themselves the right to impose what is right and what is wrong on their children.Otherwise, some other parents, as they have an excessive love to their children, could not be hard enough to discipline them. Some children would never be matured enough to escape from their parents’ shadow, while some other children turned bad in character due to being indulged.

All in all, I have come to the conclusion that parents may be good teachers, but are not always the best teachers. The parents should be honest in this fact and leave part of the teaching task to the professional ones.

How come nobody wants to argue with me? Is it because I am always so rigt. Unknown.:o[heartbeat]

Hi Nu_nam2001:)

Thank you for your nice comment.

I want to exchange some points with you.

My essay really lacks of specific examples (though I have tried on it). Especially the last sentence of paragraph 3 is really a "open" statement that need further explaination and support ideas???:shy:. Similarly, the last sentence of the concusion part seems not to address the main topic???

Briefly, my essay's reasons and exapmles should be more specific.

What do you think?[heartbeat]

• 3 months later...

Hi dear friends,

I have written the following essay. It would be gareat to know your ideas. Thanks a lot. Shabnam.

#2 parents are the best teachers.

Everybody learns different things from their parents. Parents can teach their child many things and nobody can deny their impact on the person' life. But parents have limited information. When children are getting older, parents' knowledge and experience may not work in some situations for them. In my opinion, parents are not the best teachers because their information is limited and sometimes thier view about some matters may be wrong.

First of all, our parents are limited source of knowledge. As we know, the world is changing and people who live in the world are changing too. Our parents lived in different situatins and different times. In some cases, parents can not help us even though they really want because they did not have these kind of situations during their lives at all. That is why we may not count on their knowledge and experience. We should make our information updated and gain new experience in the new world in other ways. For example, when I enterd university, I experienced many new things that some of them made me depressed while my parents had never told me about because they did not have any information about those things and I had to solve my problems by myself.

Secondly, people, including parents, who live in this world have thier own opinions about anything that might be right or wrong. Parents teach us their own view and accordingly, we know our surrounding world. It may be wrong or right. It takes time until we understand that their view is right or wrong and during this time, we may lose some opportunities. For example, I lived with my roomate in a dorm and we did not have any common idea about everyhing, so I told my problems to my parents and they told me stay with her because you come from the same area and have the same culture and I obeyed them. The result was terrible, because I failed in many courses and I wasted time and it will not be compensated.

As you can see, parents have limited information that is not enough and sometimes their own understanding about evreything may make trouble for us and in some cases, you can not replace what you lost.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

here is my essay on the same topic,

' Parents are the best teachers'

PLease give rating to my essay and kindly show me my mistake.

:)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you agree or disagree witth the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use the specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

My essay:-

Every human being come across teachers in his whole life. I agree with the statement ' Parents are the best teachers'. I think our first teacher on this earth is our Parents. In the following paragraph I will try to mention my opinion.

When we come on this earth we are with clear mind, we dont know how to speak, how to walk, how to behave and lots of things. But parents teaches us each and everything. Parents shapes our mind, our ideas. Sometimes to teach us something they neglect their priorities, their aim. they teach us how to behave with friends, relatives, in public place. In

short parents teaches us manners.

Lateron when we start to go to school there is a school teacher, and in college, professors, lecturers. They also gives us knowledge about many things which we do not know. But the basic things are taught by parents only. No body can take place of parents. They gives us strength, ability to face life.

In later life when we face any problem, parents are always there to tell us trick how to tackle with the problem as they are experience person than us. They gives us support, a piece of valuable advice in need. Parents knows us in better way than any other person. So I think parents are the best teachers.

Originally posted by shabnam

Hi dear friends,

I have written the following essay. It would be gareat to know your ideas. Thanks a lot. Shabnam.

#2 parents are the best teachers.

Everybody learns different things from their parents. Parents can teach their child many things and nobody can deny their impact on the person' life. But parents have limited information. When children are getting older, parents' knowledge and experience may not work in some situations for them. In my opinion, parents are not the best teachers because their information is limited and sometimes thier view about some matters may be wrong.

First of all, our parents are limited source of knowledge. As we know, the world is changing and people who live in the world are changing too. Our parents lived in different situatins and different times. In some cases, parents can not help us even though they really want because they did not have these kind of situations during their lives at all. That is why we may not count on their knowledge and experience. We should make our information updated and gain new experience in the new world in other ways. For example, when I enterd university, I experienced many new things that some of them made me depressed while my parents had never told me about because they did not have any information about those things and I had to solve my problems by myself.

Secondly, people, including parents, who live in this world have thier own opinions about anything that might be right or wrong. Parents teach us their own view and accordingly, we know our surrounding world. It may be wrong or right. It takes time until we understand that their view is right or wrong and during this time, we may lose some opportunities. For example, I lived with my roomate in a dorm and we did not have any common idea about everyhing, so I told my problems to my parents and they told me stay with her because you come from the same area and have the same culture and I obeyed them. The result was terrible, because I failed in many courses and I wasted time and it will not be compensated.

As you can see, parents have limited information that is not enough and sometimes their own understanding about evreything may make trouble for us and in some cases, you can not replace what you lost.

Hi, Shabnam.

I think you did a pretty good job on this essay. You state your opinion and your main points clearly in the introduction and you support them with good examples in the body of the essay.

One thing I think you might do to improve the essay, however, is to put a little more thought into the conclusion. The introduction and the body come off quite solid, but the conclusion seems somehow rushed. In other words, expand it a little. A couple more sentences solidifying your point of view or restating your main ideas would make the essay even stronger.

Basically, you've done quite well on answering the topic question and in organizing and presenting your material. I would recommend that you continue to approach your essay topics in this manner.

I hope this is off help to you.

Best of luck,

TM Staff

Originally posted by sweet

Hi ,

here is my essay on the same topic,

' Parents are the best teachers'

PLease give rating to my essay and kindly show me my mistake.

:)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you agree or disagree witth the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use the specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

My essay:-

Every human being come across teachers in his whole life. I agree with the statement ' Parents are the best teachers'. I think our first teacher on this earth is our Parents. In the following paragraph I will try to mention my opinion.

When we come on this earth we are with clear mind, we dont know how to speak, how to walk, how to behave and lots of things. But parents teaches us each and everything. Parents shapes our mind, our ideas. Sometimes to teach us something they neglect their priorities, their aim. they teach us how to behave with friends, relatives, in public place. In

short parents teaches us manners.

Lateron when we start to go to school there is a school teacher, and in college, professors, lecturers. They also gives us knowledge about many things which we do not know. But the basic things are taught by parents only. No body can take place of parents. They gives us strength, ability to face life.

In later life when we face any problem, parents are always there to tell us trick how to tackle with the problem as they are experience person than us. They gives us support, a piece of valuable advice in need. Parents knows us in better way than any other person. So I think parents are the best teachers.

Hi, Sweet.

I think you have a clear idea of what you would like to say in this essay, but I think you need to work a little bit on the focus. The first step in making your point of view clearer to the reader is by stating your main points in the introduction of your essay. Rather than saying "In the following paragraph I will try to mention my opinion.", it will be much clearer and will help you organize your presentation by directly stating those opinions or points here.

Use these points, once you've expressed them, to shape the body of your essay. If your first point is: "Parents are our first teachers", state it at the beginning and dedicate the entire paragraph to supporting that idea. Include personal examples for support. Continue this approach throughout the body of the essay.

Restate these ideas in the last paragraph to create a solid conclusion.

I hope that this will be of help to you.

Best of luck,

TM Staff

• 2 weeks later...

I am new so I try all my best to write an example of essay following TM website's essay I read. Here is my Essay. Please help me by finding out all errors I met.

Tuong

Topic:

My essay:

Surely, at the beginning of our lives, the parents are the best teachers who are the most involved in teaching their children. They have an instinct to sacrifice a part of their lives for the betterment of their children. They have great patience while giving their knowledge to us other than anyone because they love us. And there are some implicit lessons for the children when they face their parents habits and styles of behavior. The most different thing between the particular professional teacher and our parents is that parents are the most involved in the education and development of children. The parents can spend much time for our other than particular professional teacher.

During the children s youth, parents still are the best teacher to offer the best advice even though the children may not accept it. In this period, the children often love to do anything they want, even though they do not concern with their parent s advice. For my education example, when I was a secondary school pupil, I used to play truant while my parents wanted I took fully teaching s lesson in the school. Furthermore, in the puberty of the children, parents could become a closest friend of them. They could share all secret wonders with their children.

Originally posted by duyen

Tuong

Topic:

My essay:

Surely, at the beginning of our lives, the parents are the best teachers who are the most involved in teaching their children. They have an instinct to sacrifice a part of their lives for the betterment of their children. They have great patience while giving their knowledge to us other than anyone because they love us. And there are some implicit lessons for the children when they face their parents habits and styles of behavior. The most different thing between the particular professional teacher and our parents is that parents are the most involved in the education and development of children. The parents can spend much time for our other than particular professional teacher.

During the children s youth, parents still are the best teacher to offer the best advice even though the children may not accept it. In this period, the children often love to do anything they want, even though they do not concern with their parent s advice. For my education example, when I was a secondary school pupil, I used to play truant while my parents wanted I took fully teaching s lesson in the school. Furthermore, in the puberty of the children, parents could become a closest friend of them. They could share all secret wonders with their children.

Hi, Duyen.

I think you have some great ideas here and your personal expression of them really comes through in the essay. However, I think the essay is currently lacking a clear direction or focus. This is evident as early as the first paragraph.

The introduction should really be used to help the readers get an idea of what direction you will be taking your essay. Use it to clearly state your point of view. It is always better to answer the question directly and to choose one point of view over the other. It's easier to develop a strong argument to support your opinion this way.

As it now is, your essays lends support to both sides of the argument and although this may be the way you feel, the question asks you to make a choice (to agree or disagree) and support it.

It really isn't until the readers reach your conclusion that they are able to clearly see your opinion. The conclusion is perhaps the strongest part of your essay. I would recommend looking at it and working backwards from it to rework your essay. In other words, identify your main points from this part of the essay ( e.g. parents as first teachers and parents' crucial involvement in their children's future) and use them as the focus throughout the introduction and body as well.

I hope these suggestions will be of help.

Best of luck,

TM Staff

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone evaluate my essay?

As parents are able to teach their children academic knowledge and moral lessons, some people argue that parents are the best teachers. After considering the weakness of parents' teaching, I disagree with such arguements. Firstly, the evaluation of children performance by parents is not objective enough; Secondly, the quality of teaching and teaching materials varies among parents; In addition, the fields taught by parents are limited to parents' educational background.

First of all, parents tend to evaluate their children subjectively. Most parents think that their sons and daughters are better than others. Parents tend to judge their children's faults in a sympathy manner. Children will be praised more and punished less by their parents. Therefore, children will not be acknowleged about their performance in an objective way, and it is more difficult for them to understand their strength and weakness.

Additionally, the educational quality of parents are not evaluated. Even if parents are good at some fields, they may not be good at teaching those fields. What will happen if parents teach their children how to surf the Internet without indication of the bloody contents in the World Wide Web? On the other hands, all teachers in schools are trainned and passed some requirements before teaching their fields. In fact, parents' non-qualified education may even be harmful to children.

Finally, some parents are awesome in teaching some fields; however, they are weak in teaching other fields in which they have not been educated. Many parents are good at teaching moral lessons, they can share their experience and personal achievement with their children. Nonetheless, they have not enough knowledge in teaching other academic fields. In such cases, the tasks of education will be best handled by schools.

In sum, parents maybe good at some fields and will be able to teach their children some of their knowledge. However, due to the limitation of their subjective evalutation, trainning, and education background, the tasks of education should be handled by teachers in schools.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a newbie here, heh.;)

That is mine for this topic. Hope that someone will mark it and give some comments.

Sorry to trouble you all. I appreciate all your help.:(

¡®Parents are best teachers.¡¯ It is an adage told by most of the adults. However, I disagree on that. I don¡¯t think parents always have good effects on their children, because their behaviors and viewpoints misguide their kids sometimes.

Parents are usually the roots of bad behaviors that have already done by children. Obviously one may know that children learn things quickly and do not know whatever they do is right or wrong. Therefore, with learning their parents¡¯ negative habits, kids may copy the acts and even think it is positive and fun. As time passes, those poor children will get used to do that as easily as their parents do. This vicious circle is commonly seen in real life. As a result, we have to question the reality of the theory, which says that parents are always 'the good guys' in their children¡¯s eyes.

Not only adult behaviors, but also their viewpoints often mislead their kids to a wrong way. The reason of that is a child has a simple mind that need to realize the life by itself. If parents only make kids obey their opinions, these two problems may occur: either children being like machines lose their own thinking, or they being like rebels get boring of their elders¡¯ commands. There might be even a deep consequence if parents¡¯ view is incorrect. So we had better be aware of forcing kids to follow our notions.

In summary, parents are not always best teachers for their children. As the models of their kids, they should be responsible for their own behaviors and viewpoints. Likewise, they should consider more before taking actions, or it will hardly take positive effects.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support

your answer.

Many people teach us so many different things during our lives. Some people teach us more than others. I believe that people who give us the most important and the greatest knowledge are our parents.

Before we were born, when our mother carried us, she talked to us. We got our first knowledge of what it means to be a human. When we were born, our parents talked to us. They showed us the surrounding world. They explained to us so many things. They gave us the best knowledge – the knowledge of life. Then they taught us how to talk. Many scientific studies show that in many countries the first word said by an infant is “Papa” and the second word is “Mama.” This is the foundation for our education.

Then, when we grow, our parents continue to teach us and explain many different things. For instance, they teach us about relationships among people. When we go to school we have teachers who teach us sciences, but our parents are still the best teachers for us. Why? Because they give us their love. They are always willing to spend time with us, and they are willing to explain our questions to us more than anybody else.

Love is what makes our parents our best teachers. Love brings out the best in people. Even when we are grown, our parents still stay our best teachers. For example, there might be many situations when we need somebody’s advice. Parents are people who we know we can trust and who we know will give only good advice because they love us.

There are many situations when some parents are not able to spend much time with their children. Then other people might be the best teachers for those children.. However, I believe if parents spend enough time with their children, they are the best teachers.

For all these reasons I believe that our best teachers are our parents. They give more knowledge than anybody else and their knowledge is always a true knowledge because of love that they have.