Urch Forums

Topic #49 Do you agree or disagree with the following statem

Ruslan

Today you can’t imagine the life without the modern types of communication such as email, phone calls. We have to admit that we can hardly spend a day without any distance communication activities. For the last hundred years we become more dependent on long distance on-line communication because of our business and necessities requirement. But you should not forget that face-to-face communication still on the stage and at the some cases it’s more preferable to use it.

Anyway I think that face-to-face communication is appropriate if you plan to meet with person who does not know you well, and in this case you are able to make an impression on him, it’s beneficial in some cases, though. Job interview is a significant example of such cases I am talking about. If you put me on a position to make a chose between face-to-face communication and any distance activities like mail or phone calls, I’d rather prefer speak to my job-interviewer staying in front of him. Letters of phone calls are not have such advantages.

If you know person you want to speak quite well, it’s clear that you can use any communication activities you want. Sometimes long distance to your opponent gives you a restriction on face-to-face communication. If you need to speak to him or her face-to-face, videoconferencing is the best solution of such problem.

In my opinion face-to-face communication will be taken a lead position among other types of communication.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Ruslan

Today you can’t imagine the life without the modern types of communication such as email, phone calls. We have to admit that we can hardly spend a day without any distance communication activities. For the last hundred years we become more dependent on long distance on-line communication because of our business and necessities requirement. But you should not forget that face-to-face communication still on the stage and at the some cases it’s more preferable to use it.

Anyway I think that face-to-face communication is appropriate if you plan to meet with person who does not know you well, and in this case you are able to make an impression on him, it’s beneficial in some cases, though. Job interview is a significant example of such cases I am talking about. If you put me on a position to make a chose between face-to-face communication and any distance activities like mail or phone calls, I’d rather prefer speak to my job-interviewer staying in front of him. Letters of phone calls are not have such advantages.

If you know person you want to speak quite well, it’s clear that you can use any communication activities you want. Sometimes long distance to your opponent gives you a restriction on face-to-face communication. If you need to speak to him or her face-to-face, videoconferencing is the best solution of such problem.

In my opinion face-to-face communication will be taken a lead position among other types of communication.

Hi, Ruslan.

I think you've got a good start here, but the focus of your essay is a bit unclear. This can be easily resolved by reworking your introduction.

Use your introduction to state your opinion on the topic and then state the two or three main points that you'll be dedicating the body of your essay to supporting. You should also be sure to pick either one side or the other of the argument. Trying to support both sides, or to give examples on both sides, only tends to weaken your support.

Your conclusion is too brief to significantly contribute to the success of your essay. You should use the conclusion to wrap things up for your readers. Restate what you've already said without adding any new details, but leave the readers with a strong, final thought. Drive your point home.

I hope this will be of help to you.

Best of luck,

TM Staff

Hello, Ruslan. Well, here we go again…

Introduction makes a good impression: your point of view is clear. But it (intro) would be even more impressive if you’d briefly mention your supporting ideas.

The fist paragraph is nice; you even used a personal example, which is very beneficial! Always try to do that, even if you don’t have any personal experience in the given field, make one up! But there is a little problem with the first para: you kind of gave a reason, but you didn’t state it clearly. When I read your explanation and example, I understand what you were trying to say, but no one wants to guess, right? So, you should have said something like this: face to face communication is important, cause it’s easier to make a good and long lasting impression talking to someone personally.

OK, let’s move on to the second para. Things are getting worse here. This section simply doesn’t contain any supporting idea to you opinion. It doesn’t answer the question: why face-to-face communication is better? Try to think of something like this: body language and face expressions help you to communicate better. Or consider any other reason that makes sense.

Good conclusion is crucial for a high score! Yours is too short. But, it is a great beginning for a conclusion! Add a couple of sentences and it will be great. You just need to restate all of your ideas.

That’s pretty much it, good luck to you!