Urch Forums

Hi there,please read my essay and give me feed back,thankyou!

kaveri

Do you agree or disagree? Scientists are not responsible for negitive impacts of dicsovery.

Scientists meant they have to discover many new things which may be useful to the nation.I support the statement that negative effects of discoveries should not cause any kind of problem to the scientists.I would

like to support my opinion mainly with three reasons,its up to us how we use it,almost every invention has ups and downs,people should ignore the disadvantages,inventing something new is scientists responsibility.

It is up to us how we use it.For example,scientists founded Hepatitis B vaccine,it has been saving many lifes from dreadful hepatitis.But it is up to the people how they follow the direction of vaccine.If people take inaccurate dose it may not be effective and if they take overdose ,it may cause dangerous effects.So scientists are not responsible for peoples

misunderstanding.

Invention is invention,everything has ups and downs.So negative effects should be ignored and most of the time positive effects outweighs negative effects.For instance scientists invented radiation therapy to treat

cancer,but radiation itself has some side effects like loss of hair and appetite.In this situation postive effect treating cancer outweighs negative effect loss of hair fall.So oftentimes disadvanteges should be ignored and scietists are not blamed for side effects.

Scientists invent new things,for example Wright brothers invented flight,which is helping us to travel thousands of miles in matter of hours.It not only saving our time but also providing comfort.In addition to that wright brothers are not blamed for pearl Harbor,since they were key in discovering flight.Scientists just finds what can be done.Its up to us to decide how to use it.Inventors are not charged for negitive effects.

On the whole ,it is up to us how to use,oftentimes side effects should be ignored and inventing something new and useful is scientists responsibility,so i conclude disadvantages of inventions by inventores are not supposed to cause any problem to scientists.

thankyou and i appreciate your feed backs.

• 2 weeks later...

hey kaveri :)

the following are my comments to your essay, hope you don't mind them.

The essay is good in general; however, there are some spelling mistakes.

You also need to work on the sentence structure.

A final comment, the second and the forth paragraph are giving the same idea (misuse of science and technology) so, you can either unify them or delete the forth paragraph.

That's all, thanks and have a nice day.

Hi Kavari...Although I am not a very good writer but if you dont mind then I want to comment and point out your mistakes.

1...(In introductory paragraph)The second line of first para ..'negative effects of discoveries should not cause any kind of problem to the scientists'.your sentence is not right because it give an impact that the discoveries bring some problem to the scientist but,in the prompt you have to argue viceversa .you can write ...'The scientist are not responsible for negative effect of discoveries'.

2...second para ...you can use innovate or invent rather founded because scientist 'invent the things ' not founded...lets move on spelling mistake...lives instead of lifes.

3) if you write loss of hair the do not write fall ...(same meanings)

4)conclusion statement...your should para phrase your written words while conclude ..

otherwise your essay is good ...keep practising...