Urch Forums

essay:Why do you think people attend college or university?

camellia2008

I am new here and preparing for my coming test :)

Thank you for taking your time to read and correct.

Topic:

People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, it is widely thought that students should attend a college or university after graduating high school. There are many different reasons which lead them to apply to a college or university, such as for new experiences, career preparation, and increasing knowledge. In my point of view, people attend college not only to prepare for future jobs but also to get new experiences in the life. My reasons include the following:

In the first place, some people go to university in order to obtain new experiences and enhance knowledge. In college or university, students may come from different places with diverse cultures or life experiences so that it is more likely to have a chance to learn about other customs and cultures from their classmates. In addition, it is good ways for them to gain more experiences from participating in school activities or joining organizations. As a result, college seems be a perfect place in the hope of getting new experiences.

Furthermore, going to college or university may be a good way to obtain a good job. The reason why people attend to a college or university is to prepare for their future job. In order to get a better job, the level of education is essential for people who are looking for job vacancies. Most students in colleges or universities not only learn from theory but also from practical training. Accordingly, a great number of people go to college or university because of career preparation.

In sum, there are various reasons for people to go to college or university, but the main purposes are to prepare for future job and gain new experiences for their life. For the above reasons, going to a college or university is the suitable place in the hope of improving themselves or achieving their goals.

hi camellia2008:)

i read your essay and i have some comments.

Nowadays, it is widely thought that students should attend a college or university after graduating high school. There are many different reasons which lead them to apply to a college or university, such as for new experiences, career preparation, and increasing knowledge. In my point of view, people attend college not only to prepare for future jobs but also to get new experiences in the life. My reasons include the following. (it is better to say: the reasons why people go to universities are discussed in the following paragraphs).

In the first place, some people go to university in order to obtain new experiences and enhance knowledge. In college or university, students may come from different places with diverse cultures or life experiences so that it is more likely to have a chance to learn about other customs and cultures from their classmates. In addition, it is good ways for them to gain more experiences from participating in school activities or joining organizations. As a result, college seems be a perfect place in the hope of getting new experiences.

Furthermore, going to college or university may be a good way to obtain a good job. The reason why people attend to a college or university is to prepare for their future job. In order to get a better job, the level of education is essential for people who are looking for job vacancies. Most students in colleges or universities not only learn from theory but also from practical training.(Although I'm not able to correct it:blush:, I think that there is a grammatical error in this sentence:hmm:). Accordingly, a great number of people go to college or university because of career preparation.

In sum, there are various reasons for people to go to college or university, but the main purposes are to prepare for future job and gain new experiences for their life. For the above reasons, going to a college or university is the suitable place in the hope of improving themselves or achieving their goals.

In general, your essay is good, with good organization and no spelling mistakes. But you didn't mention any examples in your essay. You need to give at least two examples to support your point of view. This is an important point that you should take care of.

Nice work, keep posting.

see you later camellia2008 :)