Urch Forums

#077: Do you agree or disagree with the following

tombraider

Please read and give me some remarks. Thanks to all friends who will read my essay. :)

#77: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Boys and girls should attend separate schools. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It is common knowledge that boys and girls have different periods improving their ability and intelligence so having friends in two sexes is important. Some people say that boys and girls should attend separate schools. I myself disagree with this opinion. I will explain my opinion by follow reasons.

First, boys and girls have individual characters and ability so the study level between them during these periods can not be balanced if we divide them into two seperate schools. Schools should have both boys and girls, in these schools students can help each other promote equally. For example, a boy can help a girl in math or a girl can help a boy in sociable subjects such as: literature, history and so on because most of boys are smart in nature science subjects while most of girls are hard working. As a research of England scientists, a school has two sexes has more number of students’ graduate than a seperate school.

Second, these seperate schools make their students less sociable and confident about themselves because they are not accustomed to the normal environment outside school. They don't know how to deal with different situation they meet in life such as what gift is suitable foe a girl or boy friend and many other cases.

Third, at the adult age, they can grow abnormally and will be nervous or in experienced in the relationship of different sexes. The lack of girls or boys in school will lead student to mistakes that maybe not exist if student have relationships with two sexes. In a normal school they can realize what should be done with boy and girl friends especially in this teenage period.

In conclusion, I disapproval with above opinion. It had better attend in school has two sexes: boys and girls. It is a good environment for growth of teenagers.;)

Hey!

Hold on your horses! :) Isn't it a bit too much to post 4 essays in one day? I can say something about one essay, but not 4!

Anyway, add a number of this topic and some more informative words to the topic name.

I will be back with some comments as soon as possible. Be patient.

Renata

Oh!

It maybe too much to post 4 essays a day. I agree with you. I had better post about 1 or 2 essays a day if I can(my English is not good enough for me to do 4 essays in one morning) .I will read other essays to learn their good points I don't have.

Thanks Vaya. :shy::D

• 4 months later...

Hope I am posting my answer only once, unlike last time.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Boys and girls should attend separate schools. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

In this fast paced era both boys and girls are considered to be equal in all aspects of life, unlike old days, where there were specific conditions about each one’s behavior. If boys and girls attend same school, it not only creates healthy environment also gives better understanding about behavior and psychology. Additionally, gives a chance to improve personality in positive way. Let’s evaluate the reasons that are cited in supporting in my view.

First of all, if a school population includes both boys and girls, it creates healthy environment. Competitive spirit can be developed. Additionally, it gives a chance for girls to participate equally in extra curricular activities. For example, in the past, girls’ activities were very much constrained to indoors. Misconceptions like girls are weaker sex and should not be included in any extra curricular activities can be permanently erased. It’s an advantage for girls because they would feel strong, positive and will have better approach towards life.

Secondly, it gives better understanding about opposite sex at an early age. For example, some kids would have trouble in getting along with the opposite sex company as they never had a chance to be in their company before. In future, when they grow as adults, they might be very uncomfortable and have negative inhibitions in carrying such friendships. Hence, if both boys and girls go to same school, they would have better understanding about each other’s behavior

Third, in schools where both boys and girls study, they will learn to share, make positive friendships. Some kids might have trouble in understanding the relationship they have with girls. For instance, if a boy is not exposed to the environment where there are lots of girls, and it is normal that boys and girls talk to each other, it is likely that the boy might get confused about relationships like friendship and love. Furthermore, He might spoil his career in the process. So, exposure to normal environment at an early age is very important and major step to create such environment for kids is to send them to school where both girls and boys are considered equal.

To conclude, I disagree that boys and girls should go to different schools. If they go to same school it would give a chance for healthy environment, better understanding and positive relationships between boys and girls.

Score: 5.0

First, thanks for not doubleposting. Doubleposting causes many problems for regular visitors.

In this fast paced era both boys and girls are considered to be equal in all aspects of life, unlike old days, where when there were specific conditions about each one’s behavior. If boys and girls attend same school, it not only creates healthy environment also gives better understanding about behavior and psychology. Additionally, SUBJECT?? gives a chance to improve personality in positive way. Let’s evaluate the reasons that are cited in supporting in my view.

Some grammar mistakes.

I'm not 100% sure of your stance since you use "if..."

First of all, if a school population includes both boys and girls, it creates healthy environment. Competitive spirit can be developed. Additionally, it gives a chance for girls to participate equally in extra curricular activities. For example, in the past, girls’ activities were very much constrained to indoors. Misconceptions like girls are weaker sex and should not be included in any extra curricular activities can be permanently erased. It’s an advantage for girls because they would feel strong, positive and will have better approach towards life.

Pretty good, but still a bit awkward. Try to state clearly what you want to say. For example, as a topic sentence, you could say:

Allowing girls and boys to participate in the same activities together would promote equality among the sexes, which is something that has been lacking in many places for a long time.

Secondly, it gives better understanding about opposite sex at an early age. For example, some kids would have trouble in getting along with the opposite sex company as they never had a chance to be in their company before. In future, when they grow as adults, they might be very uncomfortable and have negative inhibitions in carrying maintaining such friendships. Hence, if both boys and girls go to the same school, they would have better understanding about each other’s behavior

Yes, this is better. But notice the grammar corrections.

Third, in schools where both boys and girls study, they will learn to share, make positive friendships. Some kids might have trouble in understanding the relationship they have with girls. For instance, if a boy is not exposed to the environment where there are lots of girls, and it is normal that boys and girls talk to each other, it is likely that the boy might get confused about relationships like friendship and love. Furthermore, He might spoil his career in the process. So, exposure to normal environment at an early age is very important and major step to create such environment for kids is to send them to school where both girls and boys are considered equal.

This paragraph contains essentially the same ideas as you've already presented in the previous paragraphs. Also, you must stick to one form of first of all, second, third (this "series" would be more common in SAE) or first of all, secondly, thirdly (considered a bit stilted in SAE, but of course, it's not wrong).

To conclude, I disagree that boys and girls should go to different schools. If they go to same school it would give a chance for healthy environment, better understanding and positive relationships between boys and girls.

Pretty good organization, follows the standard TOEFL formula, which is good.

Good luck on your test! :)

• 5 months later...

Hi ,

I copied tomraiders essay and incorporated Erin's corrections here it is:

Topic #077 :Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Boys and girls should attend separate schools. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

In the earlier days boys and girls were made to attend separate schools as too much interaction with the opposite sex was not considered appropriate.

In today’s age and time it has been proven beyond doubt that both the sexes are equal and that no sex is both superior or inferior to the other, therefore I disagree with the statement that boys and girls should attend separate schools.

Co-educational institutions promote a healthy interaction between the opposite sexes. Allowing boys and girls to participate in activities together will encourage a sense of equality between the sexes which has been lacking in many places for a long time. Such activities can allow a healthy competition between all students with no sense of inferiority or superiority.

Having boys and girls attend the same school will provide the child a better understanding of the opposite sex at an early age. For example a child may not be able to get along well with company of the opposite sex, because he/she may not have had a chance to be in such company before. As a result, the child may find it difficult to maintain any friendship with the opposite sex as he grows into adulthood and that could result in further psychological problems.

In conclusion, today what is required are more attempts to emphasize the equality of the two sexes, rather that trying to create feelings of segregation. Making boys and girls attend separate schools would be a step back in time rather than a step forward, therefore I reiterate my stand that boys and girls should attend same schools rather than separates ones

#77: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Boys and girls should attend separate schools. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I do not agree that boys and girls should attend seperate schools. During the old generation, girls were not allowed to attend where boys had to attend school. Like Catholic schools or private schools, for instance, girls were not allowed to have any type of social interactions with the opposite sex. In our modern generation, I would say, having to seperate schools for both boys and girls is not entirely appropriate and unnecessary for the a many reasons.

First of all, boys and girls should be alllowed to attend the same school because it will promote better equality between the two sexes. During the old times, girls were not allowed to participate in such activities, hence, there was a misconception that girls were a weaker sex and that girls were only allowed to stay at home and do some indoor activities. Nowadays, because of better equality between the rights of the two sexes, girls are becoming more active in such activities in that they were allowed to participate in sports and other kinds of activites. Thus, it promotes a more sense of well being for girls and gives them more chance to prove that what other boys can do, girls can do also.

Secondly, if boys and girls can attend the same school, they will have a better understanding between the difference of one another in terms of their sex and behavior. Moreover, this can promote a healthy socail interactions between the two. During the old days, girls were not allowed to be friends with the boys. Thus, it made the girls become shy and conservative, not allowing the girls to have more freedom to choose for their rights.

Thirdly, if boys and girls are to attend the same school, they will have more communication and better relationship with one another. In our modern days, anybody can be friends with an the opposite sex, thus it promotes a healthier lifestyle and a positive environment which really what people need in order to have a good example for the future generations to come.

Please rate Mr. Billy..My toefl exam will be tomorrow. I pray that I will be able to get a higher score on the test. Thank you..