Urch Forums

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

samarfadl

hi my friends :)

would you please evaluate my essay???

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

I think there is too much violence in movie.

Give specific reasons and examples to support your response.

Nowadays, Violence has become the most troubling problem that disturbs the new world. It has spread out and has resulted in many troubles among different societies. I agree with the statement which states that "there is too much violence in movies". I do believe that movies have a large impact on increasing violence. Of course there are some other factors that enhance violence. But movies are considered to be the prime factor in increasing violence. There are two factions in societies which are most influenced by violence; children and adolescents.

To begin with, children are the most part of the society who are affected by violence in movies. The problem in the case of the children is that they can be easily molded and their thoughts and ideas are simply affected by their surroundings. So, if the children are watching lots of movies which contain violent materials, it wouldn't be surprising to see children mimicking what is happening in these movies. For example, when children are watching a movie in which the movie star is hitting or beating some other guy in the movie, they receive a message that tells them it is okay to beat another person. As a result they may start emulating the movie star and they start acting violently to their peers or friends. Moreover, little children cannot realize the great danger that lies behind the violent actions that take place in movies. The children are so young to perceive the consequences of a violent behavior; they are unable to see the dangerous result of acting aggressively or violently. For instance, when young children are watching some cartoon movies such as "Tom and Jerry" in which the mouse "Jerry" can hit the cat "Tom" without the latter being affected by the beating, the children become unable to realize the danger of this violence and hence, they are unable to measure the consequences of such behavior.

Not only children are affected by violence in movies, but also adolescents are greatly affected by such movies. In this critical age, adolescents become so sensitive and they try to gain attention from other people or friends. So, they start acting like the hero in a certain movie. In addition, adolescents love to explore every single new object. For example, they try to learn new movements in a certain sport that is violent, or may be they try to possess dangerous weapons such as guns or knives in order to satisfy the desire for owning unique objects. As a result, rates of violent actions increase among adolescents. Furthermore, violent scenes in movies may provide the adolescents with wicked ideas to revenge some of their peers or people who they might have problems with. An incident that took place in my neighborhood may be cited to give an example for this problem. Some teenagers got involved in an altercation and they used an evil plan quoted from a movie to revenge some other teenagers in the neighborhood.

However, some people believe that there might be some other factors that result in increasing the violence in a certain society such as the way of upbringing the children or the family disintegration.

In conclusion, violence in movies has greatly affected children and adolescents in societies and has resulted in increasing rates of crime and violent actions. There might be some other factors that enhance the violence in societies beside movies; yet, I strongly believe that violence in movies is considered as a key factor in increasing violence in different societies.

all comments are welcome

thanks in advance

[bounce][bounce][bounce]

• 3 weeks later...

thank you so much pinky for your comment. it is very encouraging.

it is really motivating to me to hear such comment, especially that my exam is very soon (on 10th of january).

thanks pinky, i do need such encouragement.

thanks for taking time to read and evaluate my essay.

have a nice day pinky:)

thank you so much pinky for your comment. it is very encouraging.

it is really motivating to me to hear such comment, especially that my exam is very soon (on 10th of january).

thanks pinky, i do need such encouragement.

thanks for taking time to read and evaluate my essay.

have a nice day pinky:)

Hi!

I wish you Best of Luck in your exam as I am sure you will do just great and if you don't mind do share your experience with me. I was supposed to write Toefl on 10th of Januray but due to certain reasons postponed it till 23rd January. Its going to be my 2nd attempt as I need 26 in speaking :hmm::):D .

Anyways keep up the good work and good luck.

pinky786

• 2 weeks later...