Sponsored Ad:

Thread: Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    Sponsored Ad:
    9. Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Some people prefer living in a small town while others prefer the big cities. Having experienced both of them, I would say I prefer living in a small town. Although the big city offers sometimes more opportunities; the small town is more quiet and friendly.

First, the big city is noisy. When I lived in the capital of my country, I was accustomed with the noise I was hearing all day long, and sometimes was disturbing my nights. The subway would pass near my windows, the morning rush hour was always there and the construction sites seamed to appear every day somewhere around. In the small town, there were no such things. I would wake in the morning with the bird chirping. I would drive quietly to work. Wonderful, isnít it?

Secondly, the rush hour is a killer in a big city. In the capital, I had to leave for work at least one hour earlier. When I would arrive there, I would be already tired and sometimes close to a nervous breakdown! There is no such thing as rush hour in a quiet little town!

Another thing to take into consideration is the fact that in time, I got to know most of the people who lived in the small town and make friends with them, while in the capital, I could walk on the streets for days, without seeing someone I knew. I liked more starting my day seeing some friendly faces around me, than arriving to work without seeing any acquaintance.

Some people may argue that a big city offers more opportunities than a small one, like more movie theaters, shopping malls, restaurants, etc. However, these days, when we have Internet access, and traveling is so easy, I donít think that is a major backup. One can see the most recent movies in any theater in the country and one can order things online. As far as restaurants are concerned, if I eat in the Capital alone, then I really am alone. If I go alone to eat in restaurant in my small tow, Iím eating with friends!

The small town being quieter and friendlier, I would certainly prefer living in it!

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    Hello!
    I'm not a teacher, but perhaps some of my ideas are useful for you:
    - In your introduction, try to express the topic in a different formulation.
    - I think, sometimes you have mixed up the conditional and past tenses . Did you want to imagine the possibility of living in a big city/small town or to write about your experiences?
    - At first view, your conclusion looks a little bit short. Was it your intention? Perhaps add a second sentences and summarize your essay!

But your essay has a good structure and you use a broad vocabulary, more than I would be able to.

Good luck!
    Incinka.

Thread Information