Urch Forums

My second essay, please review it, thank you

alexnico

Topic: Some people say that university students should concentrate on their own field of stufy, and that all classes they take should be closely related to that subject. Others believe that university students should get a general education, taking classes in many fields before concentrating on a single field. Discuss both points of view, using concrete examples. Which view do you support? Give reasons for your choice.

Since science and knowledge have developed so widely, students always learn more than they need so that they can overcame the problems which they will face later. There are some students agree that they don't need to study fields that don't related to their subject, on the other hand, some students think they need to study other fields that don't related to their subjects. Both of them have its advantages.

Specializing in one subject is good for students who already have their future plans clearly. They can focus on their problem and they can be the expert of their field of study. In addition, they can finish their school quickly, so that it will be cheaper. For example, for students who already have a dream as an programmer, they don't need to study about biology, arts, or psychology, because they won't need that knowledge when they work. Moreover, for students with limited budget, finishing their study quickly and starting making money really help them for their finances.

For students who are still confuse for their plans, studying many different kinds of fields is a great solution for them. They can explore many fields of study so that they can choose what they like. In addition, studying many subjects can give them more choice for their future. As an illustration, when students study several subjects such as engineering and mechanical, they can combine that two subjects, as a result, there are more opportunities to get a better job.

In my opinion, students should specialize in one subject. Nowadays, experience is one of the most important things. When they study one subject, they can concentrate and gain more experience, whereas when they study general subjects, they need to share their time and experience for each subject, so that it's hard to be an expert for them.

In conclusion, both point of view above have its beneficial. Students who have chosen their way, should concetrates on one subject, meanwhile for the students who still don't sure about their plan, they can study general subjects to make them easier to choose their plan. Generally speaking, studying in one subject is slight better than studying general subject regarding experiences.

I am not very good in editing but I hope to help.

Can I ask you to comment my essay? I will highly appreciate your response.

sincerely yours, Madina.:)[tm]

Since science and knowledge have developed so widely, students always learn more than they need, so that they canwill be able overcame overcome the problems,with which they will face later. There are some students that agree that they don't need to study fields that don't related to their subject, on the other hand, some students think they need to study other fields that don't related to their subjects. Both of them have its their advantages.

Specializing in one subject is good for students, who already have their future plans clearlyclear future plans. They can focus on their problem and they can be the expert of their field of study. In addition, they can finish their school quickly, so that it will be cheaper. For example, for students who already have a dream as anto become a programmer, they don't there is no need to study about biology, arts, or psychology, because they won't need that knowledge when theywill work. Moreover, for students with limited budget, finishing their study quickly and starting making money really help them for their finances.

For students who are still confuse for their plans, studying many different kinds of fields is a great solution for them. They can explore many fields of study so that they can choose what they like. In addition, studying many subjects can give them more choices for their future. As an illustration, when students study several subjects such as engineering and mechanical, they can combine that these two subjects and, as a result, there aremore opportunities get a better job.

In my opinion, students should specialize in one subject. Nowadays, experience is one of the most important things. When they study one subject, they can concentrate and gain more experience, whereas when they study general subjects, they need to share their time and experience for each subject, so that it's hard to be an expert for them.

In conclusion, both points of view mentioned above have its their benefits or advantagesbeneficial. Students, who have chosen their way, should concetrates on one subject, meanwhile for the students who still don't sure about their plan, they can study general subjects to make them easier to choose their plan easier. Generally speaking, studying in one subject is slight slightly better than studying general subject regarding experiences.

I

Perhaps I can contribute with additional suggestions:

- "they will be able to overcome the problems,..."

- I think the relative clause wasn't wrong. Either you say

"the problems, which they will face later" or

"the problems, with which they will be faced later"

- in the last paragraph "students who still aren't sure"

Madina, hasn't Erin already commented your essay? How could we add anything valuable to his judgement? ;)

Best wishes, incinka.