Urch Forums

88 Do you agree or disagree

madinak

88 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Telephones and email have made communication between people less personal. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Today almost every person has his or her personal phone and computer connected to Internet. These technological advancements make our lives more convenient and pleasant, especially when we have to call a person who is a long distance away from us. However, I have to recognize that phones and email have made our communication less personal. In the following sentences, I will try to explain my point of view more clearly.

First of all, I want to write that telephones make our communication less private and emotional. When we speaking by phone, we cannot see another person's reaction on our words, cannot see his or her eyes and impressions. I think that this make our dialog harder. I cannot understand what reaction causes my words in another man's heart. Therefore, the decision of different problems becomes more complex because often people misunderstand each other. For example, when I speak with my friend and want to describe some person and event, I recognize that without eye contact my story becomes blur and dim.

The other modern invention is email. I agree that this device makes business life faster and more flexible but, undeniably, less personal. For example, when we become the members of an Internet site, all of us take equal letters with similar context. Also, when you chat with somebody through email, you cannot be sure that this person tells you the truth about yourself. He or she can lie about his or her age, gender and interests. The best example of this, are various Internet forums, where people can chat even without knowing each other's real names.

Summarizing all the above-mentioned, I want to conclude that telephones and email have made communication between people less personal because they afford to communicate without the eye contact and objective information about your communicator.