Urch Forums

#005 A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory.

lildude_ravi

A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of his new influence on your community. Do you support or oppose the factory? Explain your position.

I strongly oppose the idea of building a large factory near our community. Although factories are important for the progress of the nation, but if built near a community, I believe that the factory will pose many problems for the residents of the community.

A factory is the cause for all types of pollution. The poisonous gases emitted by factory cause respiratory diseases like bronchitis, asthma, etc and result in severe health risks. Factories dump wastes into rivers and lakes making water unfit for drinking and affecting the health of people. The noise pollution caused by factories disturbs the peace of the community. It brings problems to students who need quiet environment for studying and also to infants and old people who want some tranquility.

Apart from these problems, the establishment of factory will result in population increase. This will lead to price inflation of basic commodities and cost of living will become higher. Also, there will be burden on public transportation which will result in poor services.

On the other hand, a large factory could also be beneficial for the community. It will generate a lot of employment opportunities. The talented young intellectuals without jobs will be provided with jobs. Also, there will be no shortage of power and water supply.

Taking all these factors into consideration, there are more disadvantages of setting up a factory than advantages. Therefore, I disagree with the plan of building a large factory near our community.