Urch Forums

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

samarfadl

hiii dear friends :)

I chose this topic to write about... I thought it is an easy one... but I found it is a little bit hard, at least for me. It took me the whole day to outline the main ideas :mad:

Please, review it... all comments are welcome

Thanks in advance :)

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The most important aspect of a job is the money a person earns. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Work, whether it is mentally or physically, is the primary base for the development of societies. It is the guarantee for advancement and prosperity of the countries and its peoples. I do agree with the statement which states that money is considered to be the most important aspect of work. This is because earning money is in itself a great factor that has a direct influence on individuals, beside, it has a significant impact on other aspects of work such as independence and personal achievements.

To begin with, earning money through work is considered to be the most important aspect of a job because it's only through money that one can guarantee a decent life. Through money, we can pay our bills, satisfy our families' needs including food, shelter, clothes, education and health care. Without money, work will have no value since it will lose its most significant aspect as individuals will not be able to support themselves or their families.

A second aspect that can be discussed in this issue is independence and dignity. Work is the title of independence for people and it reflects their ability to control their own lives. Being an independent member in the society, who is able to satisfy his/her primary needs, one can avoid being in a weak position or becoming at the mercy of the society and government. A decent work, whether it supplies the individual with a luxurious life or even the minimum basics of life is the way to guarantee individuals' dignity. However, if we take a closer look, we will find that earning money is the factor that influences the independence aspect. That's to say, if work doesn't provide people with money, it can never provide them with independence or dignity. An example that can be cited to prove my perspective is that slaves who lived in the past in certain areas, working for nothing and receiving no rewards for their jobs couldn't live an independent or a dignified life as they had to live at the mercy of their masters. This proves that the money a person earns is the moving factor behind the independence aspect.

The final aspect that I'm going to discuss in this essay, is the aspect of personal achievement. Many people put much emphasis on personal achievement as they believe that it is the way to expand their professional horizons and to attain their ultimate dreams. They believe that working diligently and acquiring the required skills and experiences is the paved way to career advancement and reaching the highest standards. But again, we recognize that earning money is the incentive factor behind personal achievement aspect; individuals are working assiduously and aiming at higher standards just because they are aware that their career advancement does guarantee higher wages and allowances. For instance, a friend of mine was working diligently in a reputable company. He did his best to gain all required skills and experience to get a promotion in his company. However, after getting the promotion, he found that the wage that he's receiving is not compatible with his personal achievements in the organization. So, he quitted his job and worked for another company that pays twice his earlier salary as recognition for his skills and experience. This demonstrates that money earned through work is the motive for personal achievement.

In conclusion, there are many aspects of work, including independence and personal achievements. Yet, the most effective aspect of work is earning money since it is affecting individuals directly and at the same time indirectly, as it has a great impact on the other aspects of work.

Of course it took me more than 30 min to finish it...:rolleyes:

Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The most important aspect of a job is the money a person earns. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Work, whether it is mentally or physically, is the primary base for the development of societies. It is the guarantee for advancement and prosperity of the countries and its peoples. I do agree with the statement which states that money is considered to be the most important aspect of work. This is because earning money is in itself a great factor that has a direct influence on individuals, beside, it has a significant impact on other aspects of work such as independence and personal achievements.

To begin with, earning money through work is considered to be the most important aspect of a job because it's only through money that one can guarantee a decent life. Through money, we can pay our bills and (,) satisfy our families' needs including food, shelter, clothes, education and health care. Without money, work will have no value since it will lose its most significant aspect as individuals will not be able to support themselves or their families.

Note: Without money, work can still have value. 25% employees work overtime not because of money but their interest

à If people work for nothing then work will have no value since it will lose its most significant aspect as they will not be able to support themselves and (or) their families.

A second aspect that can be discussed in this issue is independence and dignity. Work is the title of independence for people and it reflects their ability to control their own lives.

Being an independent member in the society, who is able to satisfy his/her primary needs, one can avoid being in a weak position or becoming at the mercy of the society and government.

à Everyone needs to satisfy their primary needs and avoid being the burden of the society.

A decent work, whether it supplies the individual with a luxurious life or even the minimum basics of life is the way to guarantee individuals' dignity. However, if we take a closer look, we will find that earning money is the factor that influences the independence aspect. That's to say, if work does(n't) not provide people with money, it can never provide them with independence or dignity. An example that can be cited to prove my perspective is that slaves who lived in the past in certain areas, working for nothing and receiving no rewards for their jobs could(n't) not live an independent or a dignified life as they had to live at the mercy of their masters. This proves that the money a person earns is the moving factor behind the independence aspect.

The final aspect that I'm going to discuss in this essay, is the aspect of personal achievement. Many people put much emphasis on personal achievement as they believe that it is the way to expand their professional horizons and to attain their ultimate dreams. They believe that working diligently and acquiring the required skills and experiences is the paved way for (to) career advancement and (reaching) the highest standards. But again, we recognize that earning money is the incentive factor behind personal achievement aspect; individuals are working assiduously and aiming at higher standards just because they are aware that their career advancement does guarantee higher wages and allowances. For instance, a friend of mine was working diligently in a reputable company. He did his best to gain all required skills and experience to get a promotion in his company. However, after getting the promotion, he found that the wage that he's receiving is not compatible with his personal achievements in the organization. So, he quitted his job and worked for another company that (pays) paid twice as much as his previous (earlier) salary as recognition for his skills and experience. This demonstrates that money earned through work is the motive for personal achievement.

In conclusion, there are many aspects of work, including independence and personal achievements. Yet, the most effective aspect of work is earning money since it (is affecting) affects individuals directly and at the same time indirectly

(, as it has a great impact on the other aspects of work. )__It makes difficult to understand here, although I know what you mean

Note: “earning money” is not really the same as “money you earn”. “Earning money” is an action, while “money you earn” emphasizes on the quantity of money.

à Yet, the most effective aspect of work is the money you earn since it affects individuals directly, like the satisfaction for their own needs and at the same time indirectly, like independence, dignity and achievement .

(Please delete the words in bracket)

hii san2612 :)

Thank you so much for the detailed review... your comments are helpful to me

You've kindly mentioned that:

Without money, work can still have value. 25% employees work overtime not because of money but their interest.

I agree with you... but since they are minority of the society... I neglected them ( In fact I believe they are less than 10% :hmm:)

Another point: you wrote:

Everyone needs to satisfy their primary needs and avoid being the burden of the society.

I intentionally said "at the mercy of society" because if they don't earn money... they will have to borrow or even beg for money... so.. they become at the mercy of society..

You know what... I firstly wrote "burden" but later changed it to "mercy of soceity" :D...

Again, thank you so much san2612 for reading and correcting my essay...

Have a nice day

In a TUC survey a couple of years ago, around 15% of people said they worked overtime because they loved their job.

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | The new face of slave labour

That statistic relates to the year 2003, now I think that in 2010, it has risen. (I just wrote 25% ~ it's just my thought~ as Mark Twain said: “there are three kinds of lie: simple lie, brazen lie and statistics. )

:D

• 7 months later...

I registered in this forum because I need more idea for my advanced wiring subject. However, I saw your topic about this problem and another answers for helping to you. I also have some idea such as:

Step1. When you write an essay, you should pay attention to structure to write an esay by method before you start. With essay, especially with debatable essay, you should your idea for your agreement or disagreement , and choose one not the both. That is your "thesis statement" for your essay.

Step2. Make "topic sentence" for each idea to protect your viewpoint, then develop it by examples or arguments. Remember that: every "topic sentence" is a complete sentence and a paragraph includes all of your idea must support for one idea in your "topic sentence". finally, 1 paragraph not over 100 words.

Step 3. Make conclusion, do not create new idea...

PS> Depend on each requirement for the length of essay 400 to 500 words or more, decide your essay by paragraph with 100words max only!

Have nice day!