Urch Forums

Playing sports teaches people more lessons about their lives? Could anyone rate this

Elaine1026

I have to admit: i have written nearly fourty minutes to finish this essay... I hope next time i could do better.

Thanks so much.

08-12-5

Do you agree or disagree? Playing sports teaches people more lessons about their lives?

Word Count: 545

When it comes to sports, people could benefit a lot from this physical exercise which has emerged since the dawn of human civilization. Everyday when we pass a playground on campus, there are groups of football plays fighting with sweat under scorching heat. By participating in sports, people learn their life better, including learn how to trust other people, how to see other's mind, and to learn how to gain sportsmanship.

In the first place, during the process of playing sports together, people come to realize how to put their trust on other people. Human beings are gregarious animal in some way; thus we need to have faith on our friends and classmates during our corporation. Life bounds with such examples. Just as illustrated in the Oscar-winning movie, Blind Side, though Big Mike is clueless about soccer at first, he opened his mind and learn to trust his team members. He protected them like his own family members. In the end of the film, their team achieved glorious triumph. In our daily life, there is no way around the fact that we need to watch our back sometimes; however, if we need to accomplish our goal with a group of people, we need to have faith in them, which is crucial no matter for a multi-million international corporation or for national basketball teams.

Second, by playing sports with other members, we gradually get the insight into human nature. As the saying goes: "People don't change." Hence, we could observe a person through sports, knowing who he is and what he is like. A case may demonstrate in this point. In my senior high school, I attended a Taekwondao class, a Korean defensive martial art class. One of my friends, Johnson, is so courageous and yet protective toward us. It seems like he has something soft and gentle in his heart. While other team members would grab and fight wildly with each other in order to win or impress our teacher. Especially some bully seniors, they don't care whether others may badly twist their ankles or get bruised right on their face. However, Johnny has a big heart and empathy with others. It is undeniable that he is the most popular member with most sophisticated skills in our team. Personally, I have learnt a lot through observing such an amazing person.

Finally, sportsmanship is like a diamond shining inside a person. Even though we may lose our medal by only one count, we could smile with tears and grace; even though we have to endure extreme pain in our ankle or overstretched muscle, we could fight with courage and endurance; even though we win the game, we could show empathy and modesty toward people who fails. It is quiet though-provoking that how we human create sports and how sports makes us human, as said by Micheal Jordon in a talk show.

Considering three reasons mentioned above, we may safely come to the conclusion that sports plays a significant and indispensable role in making us civilized and educated. There are so many credits that could be attributed to sports; in essence, sports teaches us how to believe people around us, how to see through other people and how to obtain valuable sportsmanship. The learning process is incredible.

When it comes to sports, people could benefit a lot from this physical exercise which has emerged since the dawn of human civilization. Everyday when we pass a playground on campus, there are groups of football plays fighting with sweat under scorching heat. By participating in sports, people learn their life better, including learn how to trust other people, how to see other's mind, and to learn how to gain sportsmanship.

People could benefit a lot from sports; a type of physical exercise that has emerged since the dawn of human civilization. Everyday if we passed a playground on campus, there would be groups of football players fighting with sweat under scorching the heat. By participating in sports, people learn about their lives better, that could include how to trust other people, how to see other's minds, and to learn how to gain sportsmanship.

Tip: subject-verb agreement.