Urch Forums

I'm waitig for your precious opinions

Sheila

Your school has enough money to purchase either computers for students or books for the library. Which should your school choose to buy - computers or books? Use specific reasons and examples to support your recommendation.

Although I think a rich library can help students to do better with their researches, but I prefer that my school spends its money to buy computers rather than books. Computers can be used to study books. They can serve us as a communicational tool. Searching through myriad of scientific magazines and articles are another usage of computers.

Computers can be effectively utilized to access and study books. Almost often a book is published some where in the world; there is an electrical version on the Internet space. It probably takes only ten minutes to pay for that and bye it from the publisher who can be in another continent. It’s also possible for every body to have a large library in a little space as large as a laptop computer. Sharing this library with a friend is another advantage of using computers to read books or better to say E-books.

Secondly, Student can access easily their desired research articles using computers. Since scientific journals and magazines usually are published online too, researchers will be capable of accessing them online. Because most of them have search facility, it’s also very convenient for students to find the information they are seeking for.

Another fantastic usage of computers is communicating people around the world with each other. They can get familiar with new people share information with them. It’s also possible for them to ask question in some specific forums and get answer from other experts in the world.

Computers play an important role in every day life. They almost can do whatever a library can. They can be used to access to and study books. They provide researchers the article they need and give they chance to meet other people. These are only a part of what they can do. Now I can guess why they have became an integral part of our life.

• 1 month later...

Hello Sheila,

Although I think a rich library can help students to do better with their researches, but I prefer that my school spends its money to buy computers rather than books.

-As you used "Although" at the beginning, it is not right to use "but", you need to use either using one or the another but not both in two clauses.

Computers can be used to study books. They can serve us as a communicational tool. Searching through myriad of scientific magazines and articles are another usage of computers.

-These three tenses seems to be a bit apart one of each other try using "," and connective phrases or words in order to give them a better coherence.

Computers can be effectively utilized to access and study books. Almost often a book is published some where in the world; there is an electrical (digital should be used) version on the Internet space (just use Internet and avoid space). It probably takes only ten minutes to pay for that and bye( you mean "Buy") it from the publisher who can be in another continent. It’s also possible for every body( everybody, without the space in the middle) to have a large library in a little space as large as a laptop computer. Sharing this library with a friend is another advantage of using computers to read books or better to say E-books.

Secondly ( I guess it is better just to say "Second"), The Students can access easily their desired research articles using computers. Since scientific journals and magazines usually are published online too, researchers will be capable of accessing them online. Because most of them have search facility, it’s also very convenient for students to find the information they are seeking for.

Another fantastic usage of computers is communicating people around the world with each other. They can get familiar with new people share information with them. It’s also possible for them to ask question in some specific forums and get answer from other experts in the world.

Computers play an important role in every day life. They almost can do whatever a library can. They can be used to access to and study books. They provide researchers the article they need and give they chance to meet other people. These are only a part of what they can do. Now I can guess why they have became an integral part of our life. (In this paragraph you start three tenses with "They", this is not considered proper in an essay. Also as I mentioned above there are too many tenses ending with periods "." and with connectives.

Finally, I would like to remark that for further essays , please remember the structure, which consists the most of the time in five paragraphs each one separated by an enter in the middle. Additionally, the first one should include an introduction about what is the topic about, and a short brief of your point of view. The paragraphs should be as long as one Letter-size sheet

I hope all my comments have helped you, :)

Best regards and luck with your TOEFL test.