Urch Forums

please rate my essay about "Parents are the best teachers"

jzmati

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement

Parents are the best teachers.

Use specific resasons and examples to support your answer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parenthood has raised a lot of debates, occupied a substantial load of philosophers' books and inevitably concerned everybody's minds. The significance of turning into a parent is well known since that event makes people live not only for themselves, but also for their children.

When it comes to raising their kids, parents are instinctly devoted to be perfect all the times. That might trick some people into believing that such parents are the best teachers a child can have. Well, I think that rule can have some exceptions.

Firstly, not all parents are caring about their children in a way that allow us to generalize. They might represent some selfishness and periodically a bad lead. Furthermore, some parents can be harmful to their children like alcoholics or psychopaths, which makes it too hard to for that father/mother to conceive a well-taught child.

Secondly, even a decent parent makes mistakes. It could be due to ignorance or sometimes self-weakness. For example, a parent may try as hard as he/she can to teach his kid some morals in a definite manner, while their values are not necessarily accepted by the majority of society. This also applies for religious prospective and other controversial problems. For example, a non-religious man may give his son a biased impact about religious people, delivering sick ideas to this child.

Lastly, parents' love can be a weak point. Most parents do their children harm by granting them everything they ask for, usually making kids become lazy, spoiled and inactive members of society. And this dilemma is the most important trap that every parent is susceptible to fall into, thus, making it so difficult to be the perfect teacher all the time.

According to the aforementioned reasons, I don't find "considering parents as the best monitors" always true. But I can tell that, generally, parents are the best lovers a son/daughter can ever have.