Urch Forums

I seek guidance for my practice TWE TOFEL essays - test is coming up in 2 weeks!!

saish

What sort of a TOFEL TWE score I could expect from my this essay?  

1. 1. What sort of a TOFEL TWE score I could expect from my this essay?

• would I be able to score 5 out of 6 for this essay?
    • would I be able to score 5 out of 6 for this essay?

Topic: When choosing a place to live, what do you consider most important: location, size, style, number of rooms, type of rooms or other features?

Human, a social being has three basic necessities in life namely, food, clothing and shelter. Decades ago, a shelter on the head was only a basic necessity. But the fast pace of modernization has gifted the human race with the words “want “and “choice”. As we are bestowed with world of options, I , if given a choice, would consider the location of my residence in comparison to the other choices. My opinion is based on the three aspects – Status, Economic choices and personal.

Your possessions in life are a mark of who you are as a person. Of this, the place where you live, its location, neighborhood, locality gives a very lasting impression of your personality and the economic status to the observer. At the same time, the market value of a good locality would reap better returns, in comparison to rowdy localiy, in the years to come in case of sale of the property. Hence, adding to the status in the community.

In addition, the consideration will also be based on the economic factor, as to the distance to work, shopping and marketing options etcetera. The close proximity to the basic amenities and work will reduce the commuting time, fuel and eventually money! At the same time, considering a better future for the kids, it is only viable that location is chosen carefully. It is known that the surrounding that the child grows up in and the school or the university that the child attends, also play a crucial role in the child’s upbringing.

Lastly, home is the place where I would want to be at the end of the hectic day at work and fulfilling social commitments. The house is as good as I could make it. I could change or decorate the place and make it a HOME.

After considering the above view points, if I do not like anything about the interior of the house – that can always be changed or amended as it pleases me. Hence, I would look out for a good location when given a choice.

Edited by saish

Topic: Films can tell us a lot about the country in which they are made. What have you learnt about a country from watching its movies?

Every human being needs entertainment in life and watching a good or great movie has just done that. There are many countries in the world that makes and produces movies and portrays to the world what they as a nation can offer to the world. And amongst them, Indian movies are no strangers. Watching the Bollywood movies I always know a bit more about the Indian culture, society as a whole and the technological advancements.

Bollywood, the hub of Indian cinema is deep rooted with the Indian culture and traditions, having its origin 5000 BC. With its rich heritage, even today, has its strong hold on the mindset of layman, and it is very carefully protected in its today’s cinema. In today’s day and age where nudity and intimate kissing scenes are very common; Indian movies have yet managed to handle this culturally shy topic with utmost subtleness. Not just this but respect for elders, obedience, love and care for fellow human beings, patriotism and above all equality for all race, cast and creed.

The Indian movie also portrays the changing mindset of people. I have always had this question – are movies the portrayal of the current trend in the society or do the viewers see and learn from the movies and implement in their lives. Well, I think it goes both ways. Indian movies have shown a changing trend in the thinking pattern with the new era of young film fraternity. It also portrays the influence of modernization and globalization on young and old and how they are trying to adjust and adapt to the fast pace of growing economy.

Lastly, the leap that the Indian movies have taken in the area of technology can not go unnoticed. If one would see the Indian movies made in 60’s and 70’s in comparison to the current day and age, one would notice technologically the movies are fare advanced in the form of the projection, the lighting effects, the sets, cinematography, choreography, screen play, dialogues, songs , dances, sound recordings and you name it! Economically too, big investors are willing to put their money to increase their chances of making a cut out a block – buster.

I think, Indian movie is the mirror of India announcing to the world that they are too immerging as a Global Player. Thus watching Indian movies enriches me with culture, tradition and adapting to the changing trends of the world.

Edited by saish

Please rate my essay.You can rate it in the range of 1 to 5 and also inform my mistakes

In general, people are living stronger now.Discuss the causes of this phenomenon.Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.

Living longer! who don’t want to live for a long time.I think everyone would like to have a longer life span.But,this was not possible in earlier days.Thanks to new technologies,education and the medicines that have made impossible things possible.Thus,my paragraph contains the demonstration of these points.

I believe that precaution is better than cure.To know how and what to take precaution a proper education is needed.The education has created health awareness in the people.People are taking steps to stay healthy.For example,A study show that eating lot of oily food leads to heart disease.So people have made less consumption of oily food.Therefore,education has made people to think what is good and bad for the health.

In addition,technology is playing an important role in the longer span of people.The hospitals are using new technologies like scanning machine,etc to diagnose and treat a patient.These technologies are easy to operate ,and patient experience less pain.These technologies provide effective results.Hence,the invention of new technologies helped doctors to know the disease and cure it before it became serious.

Further,study of medicine is increasing all over the world.There are more number of people becoming researchers and doctors.Thus,there are medicines for every disease, and doctors provide good treatment for these diseases.However,for some disease there is no proper medicine to cure,and I hope researchers will be able to find it.Therefore, people live longer because they are treated early when they have any disease.

Finally,people can live long when they are given proper knowledge about the health and even new technologies and medicines are saving lives of people.Thus,people are living for longer age than the earlier people.