Urch Forums

#015: Neighbors are the people who live near us.

Erin

• 4 weeks later...

No people would like to take this topic? I would have a try. Anyways, Comments, please.

#015: Neighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion, what are the qualities of a good neighbor? Use specific details and examples in your answer.

What are the qualities of a good neighbor? The answer to this question may involve a variety of factors. In my own opinion, I believe that a good neighbor should be easy to communicate, willing to help people, and sharing the same interests with others.

First of all, a good neighbor should be easy to communicate. No people enjoy having a neighbor who always ignores them or is cold to them. Communication makes the relations closer and even enables people to become very good friends. For instance, my neighbor has very good personal relations with me since he likes to talk to me about his ideas and enjoys listening to my responses. As a result, sound communication indeed is the utmost important quality of a good neighbor.

In addition, a good neighbor should be able to help people when they encounter difficulties or problems. When people encounter problems at home, they definitely wish to receive kind assistance from others. Besides family members, neighbor is the most immediate people who can give you a hand. For example, when I am away from town for business, I sometimes ask my neighbor to look after my pets. Fortunately, my neighbor is willing to help me and actually treats mine like his own. I am proud to have such a kind and nice neighbor.

The last, a good neighbor should share interests and enjoy excitements with others together. It is a common belief that people are willing to have fun and spend a good time with one another. As a soccer fan, I prefer to watch the game with my friends and grasp some beers while enjoying the show. If a neighbor could join me and talk about soccer games and those star players, it would be terrific.

In conclusion, a neighbor serves as a very significant person to the life of an individual. People would be definitely fortunate if they could have a neighbor who can frequently communicate with them, are willing to give a hand and join for the common interests.

• 2 weeks later...

This an essay from a book, i don't know its name, but the essay can give you an idea what to write about this topic :

----------------------------------

If you have a good neighbor, you are a lucky person. You have someone who cares about your needs and property, who is helpful in the little day-to-day situations that come up, and who is supportive in times of crisis.

A good neighbor is someone who, for instance, understands that your children may occasionally run across his lawn, even though you tell them not to. He'll realize that children can be careless about things like that, and he won't make a big fuss about it unless it becomes a regular thing. In the same vein, he knows that you'll understand if some of the trash from his trash cans blows across into your yard. In other words, he is sensitive to the unintentional things that can happen. he doesn't make a big deal about them.

A good neighbor would lend some milk if you ran out. She'd give you a ride to work if your car was broken, and let your children stay at her house in the evening if you got stuck working overtime. You would do the same for her. Both of you would help make the other's life easier.

When something really awful happens to you, like death in the family, a good neighbor will volunteer to help in any way he can. This could mean something small, like making some casseroles to put in your freezer to feed visiting relatives. Or it could mean something big, like helping you get through the sadness of the funeral.

I think only someone who has experienced a bad neighbor can really appreciate a good one! A good neighbor can be a good friend. He or she can make all the difference in the world to your life.

• 3 months later...

Whenever we go back our home, we are surrounded with our neighbors who live close to us. Having a good neighbor will cause us to live in our own homes happily and peacefully. In my view, I think a good neighbor should be a person who is respectful, helpful and forgiveful.

First, one of the most important of living with each other in the society is respectful. Good neighbors should considerate others who live around them. In other words, they should not disturb others by some means. For example, they should not turn on television or radio loudly. They also should not hold boisterous party in the inappropriate time such as in the late night. If all people in the society are always care other people’s feeling, we will live together in the society with peace.

Moreover, neighbors should also forgive others for their peccadilloes. Sometimes, people do some mistakes inadvertently. For example, their children may play with others with a bit loud noise. Moreover, someone may want to pick out some fruits from trees growing in our houses. These blunders are not serious; therefore, good neighbors should forgive and not make a serious blame to others with these kinds of mistakes. Forgiveness is always necessary for sociable animals like human.

Finally, good neighbors should also be helpful. For example, while we need to leave our homes, neighbors should be people who can help me watch out our homes. Moreover, when our homes need to be fixed somewhere which we probably have no knowledge to do it; good neighbors should be people who can give us their hand. Again, mutual help is very important for living with others.

In short, if we have a neighbor who are respectful to us, who can forgive us when we make some mistakes by accidence and who are always helpful, we will live in our homes happily. For relaxing, staying home is probably better than going to other places if we are surrounded with neighbors who have good characters.

Originally posted by Erin Billy

Neighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion, what are the qualities of a good neighbor? Use specific details and examples in your answer.

As a human being, we all need a house and we need conversation with other people. If we have good neighbors, we will very happy. Then what are the qualities of a good neighbor?

First of all, a good neighbor should be kind men/women. We don't want to live with a thief or even a tough person. For example, if my dog runs into neighbor's garden, they will not shout at me. As a neighbor, we will always have some conflicts, but we will treat them kindly.

Also, I hope a good neighbor could help us when our family in an emergent situation. When I am at work, he/she can help me collect my clothes hung outside in a sudden raining. Helping each other will make us comfortable, and love the community more.

Finally, as a good neighbor, they should not talk other people what happened in my house. Neighbor, living very near to you, can sometimes know some things that happened in my family, but I don't want that all people in the community know what happened.

We all hope we can have a good neighbor. People say, "Good neighbors are better than relatives who live far away." I will also try my best to be a good neighbor, too.

Neighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion, what are the qualities of a good neighbor? Use specific details and examples in your answer.

Here is my essay on this topic.

I hope to see it rated ASAP:

Gone are the days, when people used to live in joint families. In those days a family was made up of a man and a woman and all their children living with them. Subsequently, when the children got married they continued to live with their parents. Thus, the first generation of children formed their own families in the house of their parents. But, it is necessary to point out the fact that women never stayed with their parents once they got married. They lived with their husbands and their in-laws. Thus, in a particular house, one would see an entire family tree starting from grand parents and ending with great grand children. If by any chance, one of the second generation parents fell sick, then their siblings would take over in looking after their children and family ties would be well-maintained. But, nowadays people live in nuclear families consisting of a husband and wife and their children. In such cases, in the absence of a joint family, in times of need they depend on neighbors.

Since our neighbors live near us they form a big part of our lives.

First , it is neccessary that me and my neighbor speak a common language. Esistence of a good relation with the neighbor is a must. Without which there can be a communication gap. A neighbor should be approachable so that, in times of need one would not hesitate to ask for a neighbor for help. For example, my cousin once got injured in a bicycling accident. A visit to the doctor was the need of the time. Since the parents were not at home, my cousin considered asking the neighbor for help. But, the idea was dropped because the neighbor was rather reticient and bellicose. With an injured leg, my cousin went walking to the doctor. When he reached there, the doctor was agahst about the fact that my cousin had lost a lot of blood and would have lost his unconsciousness if the bleeding had continued for five more minutes. This example points out the importance of having an easily approachable friendly neighbor.

The above paragraph was an example of an unsuitable neighbor. Fortunately, most neighbors are friendly and are ready to help in times of need. Being social animals, we need the company of other human beings. We socialize during festivals and national holidays. People invite their neighbors for barbecues and dinners. This helps maintain the good will. When there is any good news, it is the neighbors who spread the word. They exhchange recipes, deliciously prepared food and clothes. But, one must agree that a good neighbor is not someone who invites you for a barbecue but leaves you to your own means in times of need.

For example, I live in an apartment building. On the floor above mine, an elderly person lives. When my mother noticed that the person had not come for the regular evening walk, it was decided to investigate. We found that this person had suffered a paralytic stroke. The person was immediately rushed to the hospital. It was later realized that if this person had not been taken to the hospital within tewnty four hours, the paralysis would have been permanent. This emphasizes the value of having a neighbor who does not let you down in times of need.

The environment of a child plays a major role in his development into adulthood. When the environment is conducive, the child will grow into a respomsible citizen. The mind of a child is like moulding clay. It is shaped by factors like environment, parent-child relationship and friends. Children make friends with their neighbor's children. Since, the neighbors form a major part of a child's environment, it is necessary that they are responsibe citizens. It is highly likely that a child will imitate the actions of his neighbors. So, if the neighbor is a commercial sex worker or a drug dealer, it can be detrimental to the child's development. They will have a bad infleunce and the chances of the child growing into a responsible adult are reduced. Thus, a good neighbor is someone who is not only friendly but is also a responsible citizen.

We rarely get to choose our neighbors. Since, they live next to us they highly influence our lives. For a neighbor to be a good one, I expect him to be amiable, communicative and a responsible citizen. Their importance should never be under estimated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Everybody,

please comment on my essay. I am weak with usages, especially, wording and diction. If you find misuse, correct them.

Thaks a lot[heartbeat]

Human relations have been braking up, which applies to that between neighbors. I also seldom see my neighbors , still less greet them, and almost no knowledge about them myself. Some are deplorable at this phenomenon to say, "The traditional relationship of the Japanese has been faded away little by little, and people are more and more less humane".Fortunately, I have been living everyday life with no trouble in such a less relationship, but in the near future, I may have to rely on my neighbors. I will relate the quality of a good neighbor, on the supposition that I will fall into such a situation.

First, a good neighbor must have as common courtesy as to greet with a smile, for good relationship with a neighbor begin with cheerful greetings. By doing so, people can get into a conversation, know well each other, and be confident of ways of relationship with the neighbor. If needs arise, they can help each other. Greetings with a smile promise a good feeling, good relationship.

Second, a good neighbor must be cooperative. Any community has its own rules, which makes us assured a clean, comfortable life. For example, garbage is what garbage trucks collect and take, and the day and place people may throw out their garbage is limited every community. Yet some throw out their garbage as you please, or accumulate it inside or even outside their house. Consequently, we get troubled with the offensive smell. If such selfish people will take a cooperative attitude, this situation can be avoided.

Third, hopefully, my neighbor has a mild disposition. Whether we exchange greetings ,converse or cooperate, a neighbor of a sweet temper is easily approached. If I have some trouble with a neighbor such as what I stated above, I can consult with the neighbor and the trouble will be smoothly improved. This can be most likely to be achieved in case the neighbor is in a good temper, thus I hope that a neighbor is a modest person.

To summerize, I can state that the quality of a good neighbor is to have common sense and consider others' feelings. Moreover, the neighbor has a disposition easy to approach, which will make us establish better relationship with each other.

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by Erin Billy

Everybody wants a perfect neighbor. Unfortunately, the perfect neighbor does not exist, considering the fact that we do not get to choose our neighbors. However, if, by some miracle, I can get to choose my neighbor he must have two qualities that I will further describe.

In the first place, I like my neighbor to keep quiet during the night. If I have to give an example of disturbing habit, is the one of playing music high in the middle of the night when every decent man or woman is trying to get some sleep. I have a teenager as a neighbor and he is making me many troubles especially when he decides to play the drums. Is an infernal noise and I am often asking him to try to practice somewhere else.

In addition, a good neighbor is the one that respects your privacy and does not interfere in your personal life. Me and my husband do not like to socialize much, we like to keep a private life, but unfortunately we have to deal with a person who lives next door and that always seem to have a reason for stopping by; sometimes we laugh and say "here is like in the Bundy Family movie!”

To conclude, I think that being as quiet as possible and to mind his own business are two essential qualities of a good neighbor. If I will have to choose my neighbor these are the two conditions that I will impose him.

• 5 months later...

Pleaseeeeeeeeee review my essay - My actual Test Is On Monday !!!

Thanks in advance.

Neighbors should have specific qualities in order for one to get along with. Some people want their neighbors to be kind, while others prefer them to be quiet. My neighbor should have some specific qualities in order for me to like him and get along with him. I will mention some of these qualities now.

First of all, I prefer my neighbors to be nice to me and my family. For example, if I need an ingrediant that I am missing for a food dish, than I would like my neighbor to help me with that if he can and not to shout the door at my face like one neighbor did some years ago.

Another quality I would like my neighbors to have is to share a friendship with me. For instance, to meet some afternoons together and talk about one’s personal life and try to help each other with the problems each has. I do that contantly with my neighbor Limor, and it is great to share such a good bond and live right across the street. It is a dream for everyone to have a friend live close to you.

Thirdly, I would like my neighbors to be clean. I am a very neat person and I like my surrounding to be just like me. For example, I live in a big house that is divided into two families and I do not like them when they leave a lot of trash in the hallways. That annoys me, and I would like my prospective neighbor to be clean and not to through garbage on the hallways.

To conclude, my prospective neighbor should be nice to me and my family, clean and should share a friendship with me. Those three qualities are the base for a good neighbor relationship with me. Everyone who wants to be my neighbor should qualify by at least these three qualities.

Estimated Score: 5.0

Your essay is very well organized and has few typos and grammar mistakes (many few than is normal--looks as if this essay has been proofed). However, the essay is a bit formulaic and simplistic.

Good luck on your test! :)

• 1 month later...

Topic #015:

People sometimes talk about the qualities of a good neighbor. While some people differently think, I personally consider that both a consideration of others and a kindness to others are the first and last qualities to get along with because people with those qualities does not give others offense and enable others to be close.

First of all, the consideration of others is the most essential quality. It is generally true that the consideration of others is the most important to get along with others and good social life. If people do not have the consideration of others, he or she is likely to do harm to others with their words or actions. For example, children of my neighbor are playing in their room a few days ago. My apartment is under the their room. Consequently, I go to their room to ask the children to be quiet. However, their parents does not stop their children from playing because they are playing in their own room. In this manner, a person who does not have the consideration of others are not likely to be a good neighbor.

Second of all, a kindness is another important quality of a good neighbor. People without kindness is not seem to be close. For example, if people visit a neighbor and the neighbor is not reluctant, the visitor may feel the distant from him or her. In this manner, kindness is another quality to be close and a good neighbor.

In conclusion, if I must choose the qualities of a good neighbor, my choice would be consideration of others and kindness. The consideration of others is required not to offense others and kindness is required to be a good friends. I think that of many qualities, the cosideration of others and kindness are the most essential to be a good neighbor.

Hello Ditoman!

I liked your formatting. You did great job concerning all those rules about topic and concluding sentences, structure of paragraphs and the whole essay structure.

There are some mistakes in grammar. For example, when you tell a story about children, it's better to use past tense, not present (were playing, did not stop, etc.) and there are some misprints with the usage of auxiliary verbs:

Originally posted by ditoman

...people with those qualities does do not give others offense and enable others to be close.

...a person who does not have the consideration of others are is not likely to be a good neighbor.

People without kindness is do not seem to be close.

All the best and good luck!

Sveta