Urch Forums

Childhood is the happiest time of a person's life.

mike78

Please would anyone dare to evaluate this essay?

Thx, Mike

Question:

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Childhood is the happiest time of a person's life.

Use reasons and specific examples to support your opinion.

Your Answer:

Many people will probably agree the childhood is the best time of one's life. But not every childhood is happy. Some children may be born in a poor family or under such circumstances that make their lives bad. In my opinion, childhood is the happiest time of a person's life in most cases.

Why is childhood the best stage of one's life? Let's consider common circumstances. The child is born in good fanily, he or she has parents who love and take care of him or her. The kid can go to school, learn read and write and play with friends and schoolmates. The child is not worried about an adult's problems like to have everything ready for work, pay bills, survive till next paycheck etc. Kids don't pay attention to problems like policy, global warming, high criminality or problems of the third world.

Then childhood is the happiest time of one's life.

Let's consider different circumstances. A person is born in poor family, can't go to school, can't learn how to read and write, can't experience new things or can't play with other kids. Or a child has parents who abuse him or her. Such childhood is a nightmare of one's life. After some time the person manages to get out from such situation or the situation simply improves. Then the better stage of one's life starts.

In conclusion, childhood is the happiest time of a person's life in most cases. It depends on circumstances and the number of bad childhood is not small either. One can't chose where he or she will be born.

Hey Mike, :)

I am not good enough to evaluate your essay, but your essay is really great!!! :tup:

In short essay, you organized in a logical way, and I have learned a lot dude! When I read more than twice, I realized your strong essay structure makes me speechless. I couldn¡¯t try any critics for your beautiful essay.

Why I liked your essay is because ..........

*** As a reader, :hmm:

1] Even though, the first sentence of ur introduction looks an agreement essay, you made it for a comparison essay. So it is called "starting with the opposite idea.¡± Your second sentence started with the opposite view against the topic sentence.

¡°Many people will probably agree the childhood is the best time of one's life. ---> But not every childhood is happy ¡¦ ¡°

2] Your body paragraphs explained with strong supports that are like ¡¦ you tried experiments in hypothesis ways (which is one of good to build ur essay).

¡° Why is childhood the best stage of one's life? Let's consider common circumstances.¡±

3] Actually your conclusion is my favorite part of your essay. You made it short, even though you can explain longer why you agreed. You answered your agreement in your body paragraph so that readers can read your essay again. And you closed your last sentence perfectly.

¡°One can't chose where he or she will be born.¡±

Yes everybody will agree it! :)

Mike, I would like to read your more essays, Please keep on good work!

Sincerely,

Richie[dance]

Thx for encouragement. In a week I will be in London and struggle with TOEFL. Some of the topics are really tough, I don't know what to write because of the lack of my dictionary. I'd better go back to my studies. One very unfair thing is you don't have a choice of at least 2 topics. There are a lot of topics I know bugger all about.

Mike