Urch Forums

Please help. A new movie theater may be built in your neighborhood.

susayo

Any suggestions at all. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much

It has recently been announced that a new movie theater may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Nowadays, movie theaters have become part of most communities. They are the places for people to seek out entertainment, to spend time with family and friends, and to have good times. In my opinion, a new movie theater will be great for my neighborhood, even though some people might against the idea.

One of the reasons I will like a new movie theater to be built is for the economy growth in my neighborhood. It will certainly increase the employment rate. The neighborhood I live is very small and people here have limited career choices, having a movie theater built would give them more career opportunities such as engineers, managers, ticket sellers, and many other jobs. In addition, other business will grow as well since people who have jobs are likely to spend money to buy food, cloths, furniture, or even help with charity. For instance, when my sister got a job after she graduated, she took the family to celebrate at a Mexican restaurant. She became generous as I had never seen before since she was usually tight with money. She even gave a waitress big tips!

Second, I believe that most people in my neighborhood will be extremely excited about a new movie theater since it will be more convenient for them to seek out an entertainment in a small town. Especially for teenagers, not only was it safer for them, who will no longer have to go a long way to watch movies, but it will as well be relieves for most parents. Furthermore, it is easier for teenagers to ask permissions from their anxious parents when they want to go to a movie since their parents will be less worried knowing that their children will be near.

Conclusively, having a new movie theater built is absolutely a good idea for my neighborhood. It helps creating jobs, growing economy, and offers more safeties. It is also convenient for people in my hometown to go to the theater.

• 2 weeks later...

your essay is good , i made the following suggestions

{ try to give a research oriented intro i.e. refer to articles from a local news paper about the growth prospects in the town for such topics, that'll make for an ineteresting introduction}Nowadays, movie theaters have become part of most communities. They are the places for people to seek out entertainment, to spend time with family and friends, and to have good times. In my opinion, a new movie theater will be great for my neighborhood, even though some people migh t BE against the idea. One of the reasons I will like a new movie theater to be built is for the economy growth in my neighborhood. It will certainly increase the employment rate. The neighborhood I live is very small and people here have limited career choices, having a movie theater built would give them more career opportunities such as engineers, managers, ticket sellers, and many other jobs. In addition, other business will grow as well since people who have jobs are likely to spend money to buy food, cloths, furniture, or even help with charity. For instance, when my sister got a job after she graduated, she took the family to celebrate at a Mexican restaurant. She became generous as I had never seen before since she was usually tight with money. She even gave a waitress big tips!

Second, I believe that most people in my neighborhood will be extremely excited about a new movie theater since it will be more convenient for them to seek out an entertainment in a small town. Especially for teenagers, not only was it safer for them, who will no longer have to go a long way to watch movies, but it will as well be relieves for most parents. Furthermore, it is easier for teenagers to ask permissions from their anxious parents when they want to go to a movie since their parents will be less worried knowing that their children will be near. {same as the scond point, its redundant}

Conclusively, having a new movie theater built is absolutely a good idea for my neighborhood. It helps creating jobs, growing economy, and offers more safeties. It is also convenient for people in my hometown to go to the theater.{try to develop your conclusion, its too simple}

i'm no expert but trying to help a fellow student, also try to practice brainstorming for ideas it will help you during the writing section of toefl exam.