Urch Forums

Essay 4 rate:Playing a game is fun ....

MikeBG

Playing a game is fun only when you win . Do you agree or......

In my opinion everbody plays to win , no matter what kind of game it is , no one wants to be the second one or the third one etc. Every human being wants to be perfect in the activity he/she takes part in.

First of all I think that the game sometimes can not be fun because nobody likes to lose . If you lose that means you have failed. To fail means to have achieved loss hence all your efforts concentrated on the victory have gone down the drain.

Second i think that you can encounter two kinds of opponents : good losers and bad losers. Those who accept the defeat with dignity are worth having as adversary. While the bad losers can only be pitified because they haven`t got the guts to show respect to the better player.

In addition I would like to add that practice is what makes one flawless in a game. It doesn`t matter if it is a computer game , or football , or board game you name it . You just have to devote yourself to it and keep playing and playing and you`ll soon realise that the more you play the better you become.

Another essential thing is luck. There are days in which you are jinker thus you become nervous , because you lose and become irritable . The lack of luck is very depressing factor and it can lead to serious consequences.

To sum up practice and luck are the things that make the game fun because they are the key to the so wanted victory.

I'd love to give you 3.5 for that essay but 3.0 is what essay checkers will give you.

There are many serious grammar mistakes, Also, it is not well developed essay. It was short of ideas and they were not supported either by good examples. Suggestion: Read through essay samples on the homepage of TestMagic: Note key points how they are started at the beginning and how each idea is supported by an example and how it is ended up at the end.

No worries. Take a big heart. Get down to the business. Now you have discovered your weakness and it is time for you to make a point of writing two essays per day and post them on the forum. Try to write everything as written in sample essays. For example, how punctuatios marks are used between words. How much gap is given between paragraphs. Just emulate everything as it is.

When are you giving your test, btw?

well i haven`t assigned it yet , i`m asking for 3rd or 4th time ... so i have planned to take it after New year`s eve - probably in the beginning of january . When should i register for it (example in case you didn`t understand me , i want to take the test on 21 january , when should i assign it , a month earlier or ?)

Greetings , i`m getting down to business , start writing essays!

Thanx for the advice , and answer my quest if possible

Regards Mike

hi all,

i am goin to take toefl test next month, and i am practising toefl essay.

To MikeBG: i read your essay, and the first thing hitting to my face is there are so many basic-clause mistakes. let me take your first paragraph for the sample:

##

In my opinion everbody plays to win , no matter what kind of game it is , no one wants to be the second one or the third one etc. Every human being wants to be perfect in the activity he/she takes part in.

##

taking a look at the 1st sentence, it has 03 clauses that are actually 03 complete sub-sentences, and there is not any CONNECTOR in it. you should always remember to use CONNECTOR to link clause to clause in the complicated sentence.

regards,

buzz