Urch Forums

Please grade my essay :)))))

orion

Hello everybody!!! :-))))

I'm new here. I am a Spanish speaking ,I have study English only for 8 months and I have to take the TOEFL next march. I'm really struggled with the writing section so I need help. Thank you very much in advance. :))

Some students like classes where teachers lecture in class. Others students prefer classes where the students do some of the talking. Which type of class do you prefer? Give specific reasons and details to support your choice.

Although many students like classes where the students do some of the talking, I certainly prefer classes where teachers lecture in class. A good teacher has more experience in the subject he teaches. Professors also know how to teach, how to attract the attention from the class, and keep every body quiet and interested.

Teaching is a wonderful job, but requires a lot of knowledge. There is not doubt that a good professor deeply knows the topic he teaches, he also keeps current about last researches in his field. However, students do not have enough time to study as much as professors do because they almost always have to study more than one subject together. As consequence students can learn more if all the information come from a professor.

It is not easy to teach others. There are a lot of techniques and methodologies, that teachers have to learn to use the time effectively and pursue the objectives of each class. Students do not know how to teach others. This is only a thing that a good teacher can do. Consequently, I believe that it is a waste of time if both, students and teaches talk in a class. It is better be taught by a teacher because only a person that study methodology of education, can teach others with effectiveness.

Finally, teachers know how to get the attention from the entire class, how to maintain all students interested. When a student talk, it is easy that others students get distracted and begin to talk. Hence, others students cannot pay attention to the class as they wish, or listen what their classmates are saying.

Teaching is a respectable profession, that require experience and knowledge. For that reason I indubitably believe that the better classes are the ones where teachers speak all of the time.

Avoid repeating ideas lest word-dumping, and try to use noun phrases to crystallize your ideas.

Learn the knack of using connectives and also diversify your glossaries, let alone ideas extrapolation.

Overall speaking, an understandable essay improvable based upon some discussions on the other side.

Edited by Shalom Ichthys
Looking forward to your next endeavor