Urch Forums

A question regarding "Integrated Writing"

Ameri

Hi there, I hope all's going well.

I have a question about integrated writing in TOEFL iBT, and would be grateful if you could help.

I personally write my answer in three paragraphs in order to a meaningful answer to this part. In the first paragraph, I only talk about the passage and its opinion, although I finish this paragraph by using a sentence in which I say even the lecture is in support or in contrast to the passage. (For instance, The lecturer, however, states another point of view in this regard). In the second paragraph, I only mention the lecture's opinion and discuss its points of view. Finally, I write a 2-line short conclusion as the third paragraph and say whether the passage and the lecture are in agreement or not.

However, I have read several samples of answer, in most of which, the writer implement 3 paragraphs, and in each paragraph they talk about a main idea in the lecture and somehow connect it to a part of reading! So all the paragraphs concern both the passage and the lecture.

To be honest, the former method of writing sounds a bit awkward to me! Is it really necessary to follow such a plan for giving a complete answer to this section?! Is my approach inefficient? What score could I achieve if I stay on my way of writing?!

I appreciate your comments in advance.