Urch Forums

#035: Attending a live performance (for example, a

Erin

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance (for example, a play, concert, or sporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Please rate my essay.

I disagree with the statement that a live performance is more enjoyable than watching it on television. In my opinion, watching sport event like cricket match on telvision is more enjoyable then watching the same on stadium. Here, I am summarizing the reasons to support my view.

First of all, I can see close ups of shots which is not possible when I watch it in stadium.Television always shows replay of nice and bad shots for better understanding of shots. Inerviews of player's and retired player's in intervals makes the telecast appealing. During the telecast commentator also provides you information about player's track record and techniques of the particular game. These additional information maintains the viewer's interest even in a dull game.

Besides, watching an event on television offers me convenience. I do not have to drive upto the stadium. While watching the show I can simultaneously relax or do my other activites like exercise, cleaning. At the end of day, when match is over I will not feel tired but relaxed because, I have not only enjoyed the game but also finished some work and had rest as well.

Moreover, watching an event on television is free of cost. I do not have to spend my money. Infact, I can get some money if I win any contest or quiz which was shown during the telecast of match.

Overall, watching an event on television is not only interesting and convenient but also saves my money. Hence, I find it more enjoyable than watching it live.

• 5 months later...

Hi, everyone.

Please give me some comments.

Thanks all friends who will read and evaluate my essay in advance.

#35Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance (for example, a play, concert, or sporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

In my view, these two ways of enjoying events have different advantages and disadvantages each. While live performances move us because of their directness, watching the same events on TV gives more details and easy-undarstanding on them. Thus, I neither support nor oppose this statement completely.

No doubt that we are more excited by taking part in the live performances than by watching them on TV. We can catch the eye of favorite actors, listen to the enchanting voices of singers, and watch the amazing prowess of atheletes directly. These are extraordinary and therefore memorable opportunities for us.

However, there are common demerits to them, one of which is that they are too distant to catch the details; in the play, for instance, the slight changes in expressions, gestures, and voice modulations of the performers are hard to perceive, which sometimes makes the audience feel as if they were playing far away from the audience, rather than on TV. Thus, such environment can leave the audience somewhat dissatisfied.

In this respect, watching the play on TV offers rather advantage. We can observe every such details thoroughly. Moreover, in the play program, there is necessarily a critic who comments understandably on it even to laypersons, which helps us catch the elusive meanings connoted in the play, thus popularizing even abstract plays. I think this popuralization is the best quality of TV

To sum up, while nothing can replace the excitment of engaging in the live performances, we sometimes are dissapointed by their distance. On the other hand, thanks to the characteristic of TV, everyone could enjoy their details without any difficulty. I, therefore, cannot agree or disagree with this statement.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by Erin Billy

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance (for example, a play, concert, or sporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

I did not have many ideas on this topic..I find it hard and I don't think that I am convincing enough..any comments?

Personally, I consider that attending a live performance is much more interesting and enjoyable than watching the same event on television. I will present detailed reasons for my statement further.

Firstly, for instance, when we attend a live concert, the quality of the sound is much better. The last concert I went to was a live one with a great band called Directia5. In the past I have listened to the same band on television. I can say now that there is no term of comparison between a live performance and a television show. The quality of the sound is perfect and our entire body vibrates and fills with joy when you hear the pure and natural sound of all the instruments.

Secondly, many times a football game, or any other sportive transmission on television is commented, sometimes it happens that the transmission stops in a key moment of the game for commercials, and it can be really frustrating. I do not enjoy somebody telling me what I already see with my own eyes, and also I do not enjoy commercials. I like to experience the game on the stadium if it is possible, to sustain my favorite team and to taste the sweetness of the victory with all the other supporters.

To sum up, I am for attending any performance live because the quality is higher than by attending the same event on the television which can sometimes alter or stop the transmission to introduce commercials, promos, or for any other reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Topic:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance (for example, a play, concert, or sporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Essay

Especially, I have to say that It's always my dream to go and see a live performance such as: a play, concert, or sporting event. To attend directly a expected event is always better much more than to watch it through a television. I support to the statement: Attending a live performance is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television.

Firstly, I'm one of the people whom often have the anxious character and want to know exactly what happenned to a event. To have a sit in a crowd in a lively performance always makes me interesting. You know, In a crowd, your interest maybe multiple a hunread times with your event which you are being look forwarding to. For example, when you see a football game directly, you will feel more exiting and cheerful than you watch it alone.

Secondly, In order to become a member of a live event is a proud in my mind. I can feel the air of the performance. I can understand that event more detail and have more relaxing feeling in that air.

However, Watching an event through television also has its advantages. For example: we can watch an event that was occured a long time ago or we can watch more events that realty we couldn't go there to see because of time. But this event replay can't describle the air of the appeared event, and It's often very short that makes us uncomfortable feeling.

In the mordern life, rarely people have enough time to go somewhere to attend a live event. But you know, the more thing pepole lack, the more requirement they want about it. So I can believely confirm that: a live performance is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television.

• 6 months later...

Topic #035:

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live

performance (for example, a play, concert, or sporting event) is more

enjoyable than watching the same event on television. Use specific reasons

and examples to support your opinion.

People sometimes choose whether attending a live performance or watching on

television. While some people disagree with the statement due to the

comfortness of TV that attending a live performance is more enjoyable than

watching the same event on television, I have a firmly agree with the

statement because of its liveliness and approximity of celebrities.

More than anything else, attending a live performance would give me

liveliness. I can feel the performances of an actor or the songs of a singer

with audience's applause without any filtering. Their applause would

stimulate me to excite. For example, when I went to a play named "Rocky

Horror Show" 2 years ago, I feel much absorbed in the play when compared

with watching it on TV. In this respect, sound and visual effects without

editing support me to be more absorbed in the performances.

The next thing i'd like to mention here is fact that I can see the favorite

celebrities at a close distance. It provides me with another enjoyments

besides watching performances. I always like many actors, actress, singers,

comedians on TV or theaters. If I could see them and receive a signature from

them, it would give me another pleasure. In this manner, it would enables

me to enjoy factors other than the performance.

In conclusion, I personally agree with the statement that attending a live

performance is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television

because I can watch and listen to either play or song without filtering and

enjoy other elements like the signature of celebrities.

Hello,

just think your essay will be rated very good. I think you have put a lot of emotional self experience in it, and showed the reader what you've already seen in real life. So I think it is the right way you took, just telling what your experiences have been.

Hope you'll read my essay as well. Thanks!

Heike