Urch Forums

#032: Is it better to enjoy your money when you

Erin

PLS RATE MY ESSAY.

The answer to this question depends vey much on the kind of person that you ask the question and when you ask the question. From my point of view, I don't think that is better to choose only one way or another of spending the money.

First of all, if you choose to spend the money as you earn it you may not face the emergencies that may appear along the way. Also, you can not invest in something of big value and you have to resist to all tentations thet appear from time to time (as you don't have money at any time as you wish). But I have to recognize that this is a good strategy as money have different value at different time.

Second of all, if you choose to save your money for later you will always have a financial back up. Also, you will be able to better plan your spendings as it gives you the possibility to buy different goods or services and you have to choose the best option.

Finally, I would take myself as an example and I would say that I somewhat combine the two ways of spending money depending on the needs that I have.

Originally posted by ciquita0

PLS RATE MY ESSAY.

The answer to this question depends vey much on the kind of person that you ask the question and when you ask the question. From my point of view, I don't think that is better to choose only one way or another of spending the money.

First of all, if you choose to spend the money as you earn it you may not face the emergencies that may appear along the way. Also, you can not invest in something of big value and you have to resist to all tentations thet appear from time to time (as you don't have money at any time as you wish). But I have to recognize that this is a good strategy as money have different value at different time.

Second of all, if you choose to save your money for later you will always have a financial back up. Also, you will be able to better plan your spendings as it gives you the possibility to buy different goods or services and you have to choose the best option.

Finally, I would take myself as an example and I would say that I somewhat combine the two ways of spending money depending on the needs that I have.

Hi there,

I feel, it will be better if you write the essay by taking your example, because this question has been asked to you.

Hello!

Well, I think, this essay isn't finished. It's quite a bad idea to start a cocnlusion with 'finaly, ...'. Also this essay is too short. I know it's hard to write an essay in 30 min, but after some hard practise you'll succed (believe me, I know that). I could advise you in the beginning to write an essay without a time limit.

Your essay could be something like this: 1st body para - it's bad to spend money as you earn it, 2nd - it's a bad idea to save money for a long time, 3rd - I personally combine these two ways and I am happy, conclusion - the best way is to find the middle...

HTH! Renata

• 5 months later...

Hi there , please leave any comment for my essay

I like to save money for later usage , but lots of my friends like to spend to the last of their coins whenever they've got any . They say that not only satisfies their needs , but also gives them the fun of being generous and noble . But I don't think so .

I don't ignore that shopping and entertainment in our modern times are very attractive , but thy're not too irresistable to spend the last of our coins on . Besides , there are unlimited number of things we want to buy , but the amount of mnoney we have is fixed . As a result , the fun will end soon and we'll be dissapointed quickly . But that's just the side effect . The worst thing is that there will be nothing left for emergency cases such as illness , dimission , which happen more and more frequently nowadays .

In the other hand , though saving monry will not gives us the instant fun , it surely brings a number of benefits . There will be difficulties at first because we have to dominate our passion , but the result is worthy . For those who enjoy risks and like to invest or open a business , savings will be theirs great starting stock . Those who enjoy peacefull life can invest their savings to retirement plan and insurance that will almost guarantee the rest of their lives . In every aspect , ones who save their money will have distinct advantages over others who enjoy spending all of their money as soon as they have it .

These are my opinions and you may disagree with them . However , unless you marry a rich person , rob a bank or win a special lottery ticket , money doesn't come easily . So using it wisely and remaining the master of it is not a wild goose chase in any circumstances .

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Erin Billy

Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

HI FREINDS: PLEASE CORRECT MY ESSAY. THANKS ALOT.

I didn't blieve in saving money, but when something bad happened for one of my freinds, I noticed that saving money is very important, and it makes you calm.

My freind noticed that she has cancer and doctors told her that she should have surgary as soon as possible, otherwise she would die. Her problem was, she didn't have that much money becuase she never saved money. However after suffering too much stress, she got her healthy again, but she never forget that time wich she worried alot becuase of having no money.

In my opinion people should budget their money. It is good idea that you deposit some money in the bank each months. Maybe you think there is not alittle amount, but after a while it will become alot. Also this is important that you never use that money, just in some urgent circumstances wich you really need money.

I think saving money can also decreases stress and being worry. Just think about the situation which you get in trouble, , and you really need money to solve your problem, but you don't have any saved money

in bank. It would be a very stressful and difficult situation.

In conclusion, each person who get money should save money, because people can't predict happening bad things. They should save money in case they get in trouble. Also saving money can make them more happy and calm.

hi parisa;

Your introduction is interesting but, I think, reasons you gave in the body are not clear enough. I did not see the difference between saving money for emergencies and for reducing stress. I think those are same.

Moreover, some word such as a lot, a little should be wrote separately, not alot or alittle.

• 2 weeks later...

DEAR MR BILLY;

PLEASE RATE MY ESSAY. I WOULD APPRECIATE UR JUDGEMENTS ON MY VERY FIRST ESSAY. ANYONE CAN ALSO RATE MY ESSAY, IT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP..THANKS A LOT!!!

TOPIC: IS IT BETTER TO ENJOY YOURMONEY WHEN YOU EARN IT OR IS IT BETTER TO SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR SOME TIME IN THE FUTURE?

First of all, I would like to start my statement by saying, “money makes the world go round.” I personally think that money is very important nowadays because of the fact that money can buy things. We live in a modern generation, money has become one of the most priorities we live with in our lives. It has become one of the most necessities and we see to it that we work hard to earn money in order to survive. In short, I think that it is better to save money for some time in the future than to enjoy it when we earn it. Simply because for many reasons all of us may have in mind, but I surely know one common reason we all have is to survive. Money can buy things, shelter, clothes, car, and most of all food. We can also buy things we need with money and some other things we want just to satisfy us.

Living in this world of material things, one may hardly survive without money especially that in our generation, technology has progressed, and that every little things we may need in order to survive would depend on how much money we might have. For instance, if one gets sick and could not afford to buy a medical insurance, he/she may have difficulties finding the necessary heath care he/she may need which could interfere with his/her medical condition. Things like buying a car, medications, clothes, and especially education can only be acquired with money.

I had some situations where I did not had any savings because I refuse to save money in the bank. I ended up asking money from my mother all the time. Every time I receive money as a gift from my mother’s friends during my birthdays, I always refuse to save the money because I always want to buy something for myself. So right now, I do not have a job, and I do not have any savings for myself, and that I wished I should have saved. I ended up being broke which I feel sorry for myself right now.

I can only conclude that in order to be happy and feel contented in life without having guilt is to save money for our future because we may never know what would happen to us in our future. So I would say that, it is better to be prepared than sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Pinay-meeh (An American name?)

Question is enjoy ur money when u earn or save ur money. I know ur final choice. But the word "EARN" means the money u gain by working. It seems that u haven't mentioned that. Instead, u mentioned the money given by ur mum or friend which is not directly related to the topic, I think.

Needless to say, ur passage is very American style which gains marks. What I remember is that u haven't mentioned the good of saving money. It's an argument not a story telling, so u'd better state why u NEED to save money (e.g. need to buy a high valued good, house, etc or fulfill a long term goal).

I'd rate it a 4.0.

Originally posted by pinay_meeh

DEAR MR BILLY;

PLEASE RATE MY ESSAY. I WOULD APPRECIATE UR JUDGEMENTS ON MY VERY FIRST ESSAY. ANYONE CAN ALSO RATE MY ESSAY, IT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP..THANKS A LOT!!!

TOPIC: IS IT BETTER TO ENJOY YOURMONEY WHEN YOU EARN IT OR IS IT BETTER TO SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR SOME TIME IN THE FUTURE?

First of all, I would like to start my statement by saying, “money makes the world go round.? I personally think that money is very important nowadays because of the fact that money can buy things. We live in a modern generation, money has become one of the most priorities we live with in our lives. It has become one of the most necessities and we see to it that we work hard to earn money in order to survive. In short, I think that it is better to save money for some time in the future than to enjoy it when we earn it. Simply because for many reasons all of us may have in mind, but I surely know one common reason we all have is to survive. Money can buy things, shelter, clothes, car, and most of all food. We can also buy things we need with money and some other things we want just to satisfy us.

Living in this world of material things, one may hardly survive without money especially that in our generation, technology has progressed, and that every little things we may need in order to survive would depend on how much money we might have. For instance, if one gets sick and could not afford to buy a medical insurance, he/she may have difficulties finding the necessary heath care he/she may need which could interfere with his/her medical condition. Things like buying a car, medications, clothes, and especially education can only be acquired with money.

I had some situations where I did not had any savings because I refuse to save money in the bank. I ended up asking money from my mother all the time. Every time I receive money as a gift from my mother’s friends during my birthdays, I always refuse to save the money because I always want to buy something for myself. So right now, I do not have a job, and I do not have any savings for myself, and that I wished I should have saved. I ended up being broke which I feel sorry for myself right now.

I can only conclude that in order to be happy and feel contented in life without having guilt is to save money for our future because we may never know what would happen to us in our future. So I would say that, it is better to be prepared than sorry.

Dear Hoper,

thank you very much for your reply and for correcting my essay. I had realized what you said was right.I did not answer the essay straight to the point. I appreaciate your taking time to correct it, by the way, what I do not understand was what you meant by being an American Style? I hope you would explain it further so I could get more tips and infos regarding how to write a good essay. Please respond to this. And thank you so much for giving a score of 4.0. You gave me a little bit of hope and confidence which I needed in order to believe on myself that I could be able to i mprove my writing. Thank you and please continue to correct my essays here in this forum. THANKS!! I'm a filipino by the way..:)

Hi, as a non-english native speaker, I always need to think about how to improve the sentence structure, use some words which are "more local" in the eyes of the markers, usually the American. I think that your essay is very smooth and native without much deliberate edition that a non native writer needs to do. That's why I think that your writing is quite American style. I am now trying to improve my essays to be more american! But difficult.

• 3 weeks later...

TOPIC

Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or it is better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Some people may prefer to spend their money after they receive it, and some others may prefer to save that money for some time in the future, such as an economic emergency or to buy something in specific, like a car or a trip. I belong to the latter category. In my opinion, it is better to save the money for some time in the future.

First of all, I want to mention an example of my own. When I was a child, my father gave me money every weekend so I can spent it in whatever I may prefered, but in the minute a got it, I spent inmmediatly in the next hours or days. However, when I started to work, due to the hours and effort that I spended on earn it, I became more careful spending my money,. Therefore, I support the aspect that is better to save your money for some time in the future, and not to enjoy it inmmediatly.

Secondly, by saving your money, not only can you prevent an economic emergency, but you can save it for buying something expensive in which one salary is not enough Sometimes we want to buy something really expensive, such as a car or a trip, but we do not have the enough money to buy it.

In conclusion, I think that it is better to save your money for some time in the future. To tell you the truth, for me is very difficult to save my money, because I want to spend it in the minute I get it, but I really think that by doing this I can prevent an emergency or buy in the future something more expensive and valuable.

Pallaco,

Some people may prefer to spend their money after they receive it, and some others may prefer to save that money for some time in the future, such as an economic emergency or to buy something in specific, like a car or a trip. I belong to the latter category. In my opinion, it is better to save the money for some time in the future.

Your introduction is okay.

First of all, I want to mention an example of my own. When I was a child, my father gave me money every weekend so I can spent it in whatever I may prefered, but in the minute a got it, I spent inmmediatly in the next hours or days. However, when I started to work, due to the hours and effort that I spended on earn it, I became more careful spending my money,. Therefore, I support the aspect that is better to save your money for some time in the future, and not to enjoy it inmmediatly.

This paragraph is off-topic, I think. You did not tell how saving money is better than spending it immediately.

Secondly, by saving your money, not only can you prevent an economic emergency, but you can save it for buying something expensive in which one salary is not enough Sometimes we want to buy something really expensive, such as a car or a trip, but we do not have the enough money to buy it.

In this paragraph, you gave the reasons how saving money is good but you did not give any examples. For example, you should tell readers why saving money can prevent economic emergency.

In conclusion, I think that it is better to save your money for some time in the future. To tell you the truth, for me is very difficult to save my money, because I want to spend it in the minute I get it, but I really think that by doing this I can prevent an emergency or buy in the future something more expensive and valuable.

Your conclusion is okay but I think some santences do not need to be mentioned.

only my one cent worth.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Erin Billy

Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

What about this one?:)

I consider that enjoying money when you earn it, or save them for some time in the future is a personal decision and has to do with each and everyone's life choices and goals. Personally, I prefer spending just what is necessary on daily basis and saving the rest of the money, for several activities that I want to do in the future and that will need strong financing.

Firstly, people save money so that they could fulfill their dreams. For instance, I think about a man who always wanted to go on a trip around the world by boat. I saw it on the news that he actually saved money for ten years to make his dream happening and he made it through. Personally, I have to save money in order to make my dream of studying at an university in the United States happening, to be able to pay all the necessary fees to achieve that.

Secondly, people can save money to ensure themselves a nice vacation or retirement. For example, I work hard, and once a year I have a two week period of vacation when I would like to go visit new, strange and exotic places far away from my hometown. In order to do that I need to save money throughout the entire year, but it worths the trouble. Other people are more responsible, and they are thinking about the times when they will get old and it will be difficult to sustain themselves economically, therefore they raise money to ensure a good retirement pension.

To sum up, there are many reasons for which people are saving money, like fulfilling a dream of a life time, relaxing on a nice vacation, sustaining themselves at old age, or for other reasons like being prepared for anything bad, like an accident, that might happen throughout the years. Enjoying money is good when you have it, however any responsible person should keep a balance between spending money carelessly and saving money for their future.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi forum

I think most of these essays are out of topic [}:)], because most of the reasons explained here (trips, surgeries, vacations, etc) can be achieved either with money from savings, loans or everyday earnings.

I think we should get deeper into point: Why it is better saving money?

Here are some ideas:

- Economical reasons: it is more profitable or advantageous (instead of asking for loans which are not for free, prices usually are lower if we pay cash, etc.)

- Preventive Reasons: to be prepared when facing unexpected circumstances (disease, disaster, death or even getting fired). Saved money (in opposition to everyday earned money) allows us to survive them. Also for retirement, when we are older and want to enjoy what we have done during our lives.

Any suggestions?

[bounce]

Hello guillote,

yes you're right saying about "can be achieved either with money from savings, loans or everyday earnings" - this is because people just use money to get them, isn't it? And I do like your way of the topic analisis - the catagories sound clear to me, and I can't even add one more, every case I'm thinking about can be described either as an economical reason or a preventative one. Good job!!! Regards, Svetlana:)

hi Erin and all,

I am planning to take my exam on aug 5 ao please could someone grade it and also point out my mistakes.

thanks a lot in advance.

TOPIC:

My Essay:

Most of the times believe in enjoying the money right away. A few of my friends wait for their pay check and as soon as they get it, go out and buy all kinds of things that they think they need and cannot live without, and before they know it they have spent all most all their money. They think that it is important to enjoy their money. I also agree with them but not whole heartedly. I believe that I should save atleast half of my pay check, as this would give me a great sense of security.

I believe a sense of security would also give me a feeling of peace and joy.As i would know in the back of my mind that in case of a crises I have money and I could go out and buy anything that i would need. For example, a few days ago we had a thunder storm in our area it so distructive that a tree in my front yard got up rooted from the ground and fell onto my house, crushing my car and also damaging my front door in the bargain. I was devesteted at what i saw but when i thought that i have the money to fix everything and that everything would be alright, it felt like a burden was lifted from my shoulders. So the money that I thad saved gave me a sense of confidence and peace at the same time.

When I save money, I could also buy nice expensive jewellry or an expensive car or even go for a nice long vacation. This would give me greater satisfaction than spending the money on frivelious items that we would need but are things that we cannot do without.

These are the reasons why I think that I should save my money, but also enjoy it in the end with my big buy.

Please Erin could you grade this essay or could anybody please grade it, i am reallt scared and hoping everything goes well. :shy:

thanks [:X]