Sponsored Ad:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: #031: Some people spend their entire lives in one

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Sponsored Ad:
    Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community, or even climate. Which do you prefer: staying in one place or moving in search of another place? Use reasons and specific examples to support your opinion.

-------
    In one's life, choosing between living in one place for his entire life or moving a number of times throught his live sometimes denpends on many things, such as type of the job he has, his character, and even other reasons that he cannot decide. But if I can choose, I prefer staying in one place, and that place would be my hometown for the following reasons.

Job is a very important thing in one's live. In many cases staying in a place or moving depend on this factor. On myside, I have a good job in my hometown. I do not earn very much but I am sactisfied , and I love my job. And I think this is very important.

Another reason makes people think about change their palce to live is the community. Fortunately, my town is quite a good place. It is a small town, there is hardly any crime, people are very friendly. We almost know well eachother. Besides, I have my big family here. If I have any problems I could turn to them for help.

Sometimes the weather and enviroment conditions also takes consideration when we decide to move. In my case, I am living in a tropical country. It is true that sometimes it's very hot. But I love summer and beaches. My place is next to the sea, so the weather it is very confortable. I feel my living here all the time is in a holiday.

Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community, or even climate. The choise is mainly due to individuals, however, it is hard to say before that I will stay in my hometown for my whole life, but only in compulsory cases I would move from this place.

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No
    There are some who always move into different countries for many times in their life searching for a better environment.However, from my point of view, I would rather spend my whole life at my home town.I have a lot of friends and relatives here. I form my self identity here. My home town is where I belong to.

I have a lot of people who I cannot live without. Those of them include friends, mother, father, brother and relatives. They have been with me since I was born. I cannot think of other people in the world who I would rely on than them.They are priceless to me, surpassing anything from a better income or a better job.

I have form my self identity in my home town, the self identity which my way of thinking is agreeable to others.For example, when I was in western country, I was really irritated by paying for tips. This is because I’ve never pay for tip at any restaurant and everyone in my country also don’t think that paying tip is necessary.Furthur, Self identity is important to me because this kind of thinking form a basic of what I am.If I chage living place frequently, in my view,I will loose this kind of native thinking.

Living a place where you not really belong to cannot match the livablility in your home town. Those country which has a good environment usually has high standard when it choose cadidates who will become its citizen. You will not get the same right and same treat from government until you have proven your ability to be a really good citizen.

Changing living place does has advantages but I have more important things to consider.Home is not only a place where I live or work. It is a place where the closest relationship begins.It is a place where its social context forms your way of thinking.Thus, I prefer to live my whole life in my home town.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Can you give comments for my essay?

If Columbus had not started his navigation, would we have discovered all places in our world today? As transportation improved, we started to move our home among cities. Although some of us like to stay in a city throughtout their lives for stable living style, there are many of us who want to take the chance of having better live by moving from one location to another location. In my opinion, moving in search of places suitable for us is always better than staying in a city.

Firstly, ones can choose among places providing the best opportunties, such as better house, career, or community, by moving to new places. Before I moved to Los Angeles, I always thought that Hong Kong was the best home for me as it provided me most kinds of entertainments, job opportunties, and the best transportation. However, I changed my point of view after a year of study in UCLA. I noticed that Los Angeles has some advantages that Hong Kong lacks of, such as the awesome climate and diverse culture. On the other hand, Hong Kong are better than Los Angeles in its transportation and job opportunties provided for me. People who stay in a place forever will not find which place are better for them.

In addition, even if people moved to a worse location they can choose to move to other places quickly. I have a friend who moved his houses every other year. He was my neighbor when I was in primary schools, and we were living in a village far from the down town. His family decided to move to the down town area for better transportation. However, he became my neighbor again last year, as his family missed the way they live here. We can have pets and plants in our village but not the down town. People who choose to leave a location can always move back to their previous home. Therefore, moving to a new place is not worse than staying in one location.

In conclusion, people should consider moving to new places for better opportunities. We may find better jobs or entertainment in new places. We can always move to another place if we do not like the existing location. We should grab the opportunty of having a better home whenever we have chances to do so.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Can you give comments for my essay?

If Columbus had not started his navigation, would we have discovered all places in our world today? As transportation improved, we started to move our home among cities. Although some of us like to stay in a city throughtout their lives for stable living style, there are many of us who want to take the chance of having better live by moving from one location to another location. In my opinion, moving in search of places suitable for us is always better than staying in a city.

Firstly, ones can choose among places providing the best opportunties, such as better house, career, or community, by moving to new places. Before I moved to Los Angeles, I always thought that Hong Kong was the best home for me as it provided me most kinds of entertainments, job opportunties, and the best transportation. However, I changed my point of view after a year of study in UCLA. I noticed that Los Angeles has some advantages that Hong Kong lacks of, such as the awesome climate and diverse culture. On the other hand, Hong Kong are better than Los Angeles in its transportation and job opportunties provided for me. People who stay in a place forever will not find which place are better for them.

In addition, even if people moved to a worse location they can choose to move to other places quickly. I have a friend who moved his houses every other year. He was my neighbor when I was in primary schools, and we were living in a village far from the down town. His family decided to move to the down town area for better transportation. However, he became my neighbor again last year, as his family missed the way they live here. We can have pets and plants in our village but not the down town. People who choose to leave a location can always move back to their previous home. Therefore, moving to a new place is not worse than staying in one location.

In conclusion, people should consider moving to new places for better opportunities. We may find better jobs or entertainment in new places. We can always move to another place if we do not like the existing location. We should grab the opportunty of having a better home whenever we have chances to do so.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information