Urch Forums

#030: It has recently been announced that a new

Erin

I would definitely support the construction of a new high school in my town.

First of all, this means more educated people, more studying options, more jobs, a better reputation and architectural image for your town and not last, a sensitive growth of population if the high school would be a very good one - people from the geographical proximity would come to study.

Second of all, a new high school would generate competition. The old one or ones would closely watch its evolution as the pupils may migrate. It would make a difference in the parents choice as it is usually considered that what is new is better.

Finally, I want to emphasize the fact that when a new school was constructed next to my house a few years ago, I was thrilled and totally agreed with the idea for it was better for the community (even if the old treets that I knew from my chilhood were cut to make place for the new school).

If I was a mere, I would construct as many schools and high schools as I can, for the young are the one that will rise the city and they should be best prepared for this mission.

Originally posted by ciquita0

I would definitely support the construction of a new high school in my town.

First of all, this means more educated people, more studying options, more jobs, a better reputation and architectural image for your town and not last, a sensitive growth of population if the high school would be a very good one - people from the geographical proximity would come to study.

Second of all, a new high school would generate competition. The old one or ones would closely watch its evolution as the pupils may migrate. It would make a difference in the parents choice as it is usually considered that what is new is better.

Finally, I want to emphasize the fact that when a new school was constructed next to my house a few years ago, I was thrilled and totally agreed with the idea for it was better for the community (even if the old treets that I knew from my chilhood were cut to make place for the new school).

If I was a mere, I would construct as many schools and high schools as I can, for the young are the one that will rise the city and they should be best prepared for this mission.

Hi ciquita0,

nice ideas there, but you should expand your ideas in each of your paragraphs. Remember, your wordlimit must be between 250- 400 words.

A short essay will fetch less marks.

Hello ciquita0!

I agree with bubble: you should expand your paragraphs. The intro is surely too short. It should be at least 2-3 sentences long. You can add that a new high school will be benefitial to your community and tell some reasons why. After that you could explain these reasons in separated paragrahs. Now your 1st para has about 6 reasons while the 3rd para has no reason why it's good... That para (in a shorter way) would be perfect for an intro or a conclusion.

Post all questions, remarks and doubts you have.

HTH! Renata

• 8 months later...

are these reasons good enough?

I support every action that has the ultimate purpose of developing the educational system. Building a new high school in my community will be extremely helpful and I will present the reasons further.

Firstly, as a late poll demonstrates, the number of people in my community will increase a great deal in the next decade, and since in my town there are only few high schools I think that it is necessary to build a new one. If no new high school will be built, in order to comply with the demands of the increasing number of children the board of directors of every existent high school will have to enlarge the number of students in a class or to form new classes. In consequence, the educational process will suffer, because is a well-known fact that when a teacher concentrates on the work of fewer students, the last ones have more to gain than in the other way around.

Secondly, everybody must have the opportunity to study in a high school. According to the educational system in my country, in order to attend high school classes you must pass and extremely difficult exam. In addition, because of the fact that there are few good high schools in my community with only a few vacant places per year, few students actually have the opportunity to study in a well-developed and equipped educational environment and to benefit over a good teaching guidance. Therefore, very good students with high degrees and merits will have to enroll to professional schools, which have a lower educational level than high schools. This situation will be avoided if a new high school will be built.

All in all, I support building a new high school in my community, because I consider that it will improve the educational system and will help many good students get a better education than they can in the actual circumstances.

are these reasons good enough?

I support every action that has the ultimate purpose of developing the educational system. Building a new high school in my community will be extremely helpful and I will present the reasons further.

Firstly, as a late latest poll demonstrates, the number of people in my community will increase a great deal in the next decade, and since in my town there are only a few high schools I think that it is necessary to build a new one. If no new high school will be built, in order to comply with meet (Comply is used with rules, laws) the demands of the increasing number of children the board of directors of every existent existing high school will have to enlarge the number of students in a class the class size or to form new classes. In consequence, the educational process will suffer, because it is a well-known fact that when a teacher concentrates on the work of fewer students, the last ones have more to gain than in the other way around.

Secondly, everybody must have the opportunity to study in a high school. According to the educational system in my country, in order to attend high school classes you must pass and an extremely difficult exam. In addition, because of the fact that there are few good high schools in my community with only a few vacant places per year, few students actually have the opportunity to study in a well-developed and equipped educational environment and to benefit over from a good teaching guidance. Therefore, very good brilliant students with high degrees and merits will have to enroll to professional schools, which have a lower educational level than high schools. This situation will be avoided if a new high school will be is built.

All in all, I support building a new high school in my community, because I consider that it will improve the educational system and will help many good students get a better education than they can in the actual circumstances.

You can also mention the common points:

Provide job vacancies for teachers.

Save time in transportation for both teachers and students.

I like your points about smaller class size and increased competition which differs your essay from others.