Urch Forums

#046: What are the important qualities of a good s

Erin

Originally posted by Erin Billy

What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities changed or remained the same over time in your culture? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

There are things that never change. I think a good son or daughter will always mean the same thing no matter which part of the world you take in consideration. A good son/daughter ought to bear respect for parents, should make parents pround of him/her and should support them as much as he/she can.

First of all, a child ought to be respectful as parents are doing everything they can so their child to be healthy, well educated, well dressed, in one word happy. Also, I think their sacrifice as much parents are neglecting themselves in the child own interest deserves admiration and respect. For example, in my country very often parents buy meat only for their child. They very often don't eat meat at the table. It is sad but true.

Second of all, parents' greatest joy is to see their child in a good social position. They want for him/her all that they could not have and could not acquire. No doubt they are proud if their child gets a good grade at school or a good job that allows him/her to support himself/herself. Also parents are proud when their child has at its own turn a big family. They love nephews. They want their name to be proudly carried out further on.

Finally, parents need help and support as they become elder and sicker. They can't take care of themselves properly and it comes the child's turn to take care of them. They want to get from their child the attention they deserve after a life dedicated to the happiness of the child. As we all know, that often fails to happen and it is not right.

In the end, I think that untill we become parents ourselves we can't fully understand our parents. But after that, you realize which is your part in life and you try to do your best so they can die in peace with the feeling of fullfilment in life.

• 2 weeks later...

Like their ancestors, all parents always expect good qualities from their children. The most important qualities, which are required for a good son or daughter, are obedience, respect and consideration. A good son or daughter is often a considerate person who always respects, loves and listens to his or her parents, brothers and sisters, and who tries his or her best to achieve success in studying or working.

First of all, a good son or daughter must be considerate, sympathetic to others. His or her consideration will make the family happier. A good son has to realize that he is part of a family and he should have sympathy with his parents when his parents cannot satisfy him.

Parents give birth to us, so we must respect and listen to them. As people become mobile, and children are introduced to non-traditional ways of doing things while their parents are sometimes viewed as old-fashioned. Children do not think their parents can appreciate the way life really is and think their parents are too old to understand. So they lose respect for their parents and a person cannot be a good son or daughter if he or she loses respect for the parents.

Besides, in most people’s view, adults are more experienced in life than children, so they must be right. Thus, children should obey them because it not only brings advantages but it is also the way to show the respect to adults.

Parents always wish their children have a better life and they try their best to bring the best things for their children. Therefore, achieving great success in life is another way for us to prove we are a good son or daughter. This is also a tradition in my culture, expressed in a saying: ‘in a good family, children must be better than parents’, it shows that the family has developed and thus attains the respect of society.

To sum up, respect, obedience and consideration are the qualities of a good son or daughter. Despite the changes in my country’s economy and society, these qualities remain the same. Other practical things are also useful, such as the ability to work, earning money, and so on. However, without compassion, sympathy and acceptance of one’s duties, everything else is empty and cold.

Thanks to read my essay!

Originally posted by ciquita0

There are things that never change. I think a good son or daughter will always mean the same thing no matter which part of the world you take in consideration. A good son/daughter ought to bear respect for parents, should make parents pround of him/her and should support them as much as he/she can.

First of all, a child ought to be respectful as parents are doing everything they can so their child to be healthy, well educated, well dressed, in one word happy. Also, I think their sacrifice as much parents are neglecting themselves in the child own interest deserves admiration and respect. For example, in my country very often parents buy meat only for their child. They very often don't eat meat at the table. It is sad but true.

Second of all, parents' greatest joy is to see their child in a good social position. They want for him/her all that they could not have and could not acquire. No doubt they are proud if their child gets a good grade at school or a good job that allows him/her to support himself/herself. Also parents are proud when their child has at its own turn a big family. They love nephews. They want their name to be proudly carried out further on.

After reading these paragraphs, I think that this essay should be on topic like this: What are the important qualities of good parents? You know that these qualities have changed or remained the same over time in your culture! [:o)]

But the following paragraph have a very good idea :p :

Finally, parents need help and support as they become elder and sicker. They can't take care of themselves properly and it comes the child's turn to take care of them. They want to get from their child the attention they deserve after a life dedicated to the happiness of the child. As we all know, that often fails to happen and it is not right.

In the end, I think that untill we become parents ourselves we can't fully understand our parents. But after that, you realize which is your part in life and you try to do your best so they can die in peace with the feeling of fullfilment in life.

Most people say that the conclusion is a reverse introduction ...

Sorry for being harsh, just my 0.1 levs :)

• 1 year later...

Parents expect their children behave with descency and repect for elders. But it is the parent's responsibility to provide their children an explanation to judge what is good and what is bad. By the parent's support and advises, a son/daughter can develop important personality characters that every parent would be prouf of. In my opinion, the most important qualities of being a good son/ daughter would be having respect for elders, obedience and loyality and love and affection towards their parents. These qualities have not changed. But parents do not always get what they expect.

The most important quality of being a good son is giving respect to parents and other elderly people. Since ancient times, this has been the primary factor of developing a harmonious relationship between parents and children. It is extreemely important for parents to establish and teach their children to respect older generation. Children with veneration can achieve important foundation for building a good character. But today as people are introduced more and more to non-traditional ways of doing things this quality may not endure. Children think that their parents are old fashioned and could not appreciate the way the life really is. Eventually they are loosing respect towards them. It is not that the quality has changed , but the thinking of children of being respectful has been changed.

Parents obviously expect their children to obey them and loyal to them, regardless of age. But, today children obey parents untill they attain college age and there after they think they have grown enough to take their own decisions, even against parent's wishes. Children also need to be loyal towards their parents. When a dispute is expected for their parents with neighborhood or other community parents expects their children to side with their own family. Most children support their families against many.

Besides,children should have love and affection for their parents to develop a close and harmonious relationship. Children idolize their parents and acquire behaviour from them. It is believed that the most of the spoiled children had gone through parents with no social and ethical values. They develop bad behavior, loose interest to learn at college and eventually develop bad personality. If parents create a positive environment of love and affection , children definitely would develop as good persons.

So, respect, obedience, loyality, love and affection are the virtues that are being changed. We may not obey our parents, but can be loyal and respectful to what they deserve. I expect my children to love , obey and loyal to me.

Topic #046:

What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these

qualities changed or remained the same over time in your culture? Use

specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

People sometimes talk about what is the essential qualities of a good son or

daughter. Although the qualities are different from every country, culture,

or person, I have the opinion that both the absolute obesity of parents and

studying hard are the best qualities for a good son or daughter in my country

and culture, Korea, and both two qualities have been diminished.

More than anything else, the obesity to parents is the best quality to be a

good son or daughter. My country, Korea, has been a strongly influenced on by

confucianism. The confucianism has its top priority on the obesity to

king, teachers, and parents and its effect is sometimes shown in many places

nowadays. As time goes and Korea is gradually westernized, this emphasises

are decreased but it is still the best one of the qualities for a good

children.

The next thing i'd like to mention here is that studying hard is the second

quality regardless of his or her talents. The effects of confucianism also

make the government service the best aim of all of the people. To select

those who are in the government service, government chose the test. Thus,

most of the people study and study hard for making it. As the popularity of

government service is decreased, this quality is also dimmed but it is also

another quality to a good children.

In conclusion, although as time goes, the importance of two qualities of a

good children in Korea, the obesity to parents and studying hard, are losing

their importance, they are still emphasized as required ones. As a Korean,

it is obvious true that many Korean like me are a little confused with a new

point of view of westenization.

Originally posted by ditoman

Topic #046:

What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these

qualities changed or remained the same over time in your culture? Use

specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

People sometimes talk about what is the essential qualities of a good son or

daughter. Although the qualities are different from every country, culture,

or person, I have the opinion that both the absolute obesity of parents and

studying hard are the best qualities for a good son or daughter in my country

and culture, Korea, and both these two qualities have been diminished.

More than anything else, the obesity to parents is the best quality to be a

good son or daughter. My country, Korea, has been a strongly influenced on by

confucianism. The confucianism has its top priority on the obesity to

king, teachers, and parents and its effect is sometimes shown in many places

nowadays. As time goes and Korea is gradually westernized, this emphasises

are decreased but it is still the best one of the qualities for a good

children.

The next thing i'd like to mention here is that studying hard is the second

quality regardless of his or her talents. The effects of confucianism also

make the government service the best aim of all of the people. To select

those who are in the government service, government chose the test. Thus,

most of the people study and study hard for making it. As the popularity of

government service is decreased, this quality is also dimmed but it is also

another quality to a good children.

In conclusion, although as time goes by, the importance of two qualities of a

good children in Korea, the obesity to parents and studying hard, are losing

their importance, they are still emphasized as required ones. As a Korean,

it is obvious true that many Korean like me are a little confused with a new

point of view of westenization.

I think this is a good organized essay but I think i'd better have one more qualities, friendly. This quality is necessary for children to live in any community.

Originally posted by sree_vavila

Parents expect their children behave with descency and respect for elders. But it is the parent's responsibility to provide their children an explanation to judge what is good and what is bad. By the parent's support and advises advice, a son/daughter can develop important personality characters that every parent would be proudf of. In my opinion, the most important qualities of being a good son/ daughter would be having respect for elders, obedience and loyality and love and affection towards their parents. These qualities have not changed. But parents do not always get what they expect.

The most important quality of being a good son is giving respect to parents and other elderly people. Since ancient times, this has been the primary factor of developing a harmonious relationship between parents and children. It is extreemely important for parents to establish and teach their children to respect older generation. Children with veneration can achieve important foundations for building to build a good character. But today as people are introduced more and more to non-traditional ways of doing things this quality may not endure. Children think that their parents are old fashioned and could not appreciate the way the life really is. Eventually they are loosing respect towards them their parents. It is not that the quality has changed , but the thinking of children of being respectful has been changed.

Parents obviously expect their children to obey them and loyal to them, regardless of age. But, today children obey parents untill they attain college age and there after they think they are maturehave grown enough to take their own decisions, even against parent's wishes. Children also need to be loyal towards their parents. When a dispute is expected for their parents with neighborhood or other community parents expects their children to side with their own family. Most children support their families against many.

Besides,children should have love and affection for their parents to develop a close and harmonious relationship. Children idolize their parents and acquire behaviour from them. It is believed that the most of the spoiled children had gone through parents with no social and ethical values. They develop bad behavior, loose interest to learn at college and eventually develop bad personality. If parents create a positive environment of love and affection , children definitely would develop as good persons.

So, respect, obedience, loyality, love and affection are the virtues that are being changed. We may not obey our parents, but can be loyal and respectful to what they deserve. I expect my children to love , obey and loyal to me.

I think this essay is the best among the essays of this topic, except some minor mistakes.