Urch Forums

#044: Some people like to travel with a companion.

Erin

• 7 months later...

Hi guys!

This is my first essay. I am thinking about passing TOEFL in fall. It took 45 minutes to complite because I am slowthinker and slow tiper.

I hate writhing more then tea with milk and my gramma is owfull.

So, if anyone find intresting to correct me - I would be appreciate for it.

Some people prefer to travel with a companion, others find traveling alone more attractive. Some may hold the opinion that traveling with a companion more interesting and joyful ,but others have a negative attitude. For the most part one’s choice depends very heavily of the kind of person he is. Gregarious people cannot imagine to travel alone, when individualist prefer not to travel at all than to be stack at the companion. As far as I am concerned, I agree that traveling with a companion is more reasonable.

People by their nature are very social. It is innate in humans to keep together doing different kinds of activities, and traveling is one of them. Vocation is twice a fun if you can spend it with friend. Together you can explore all new places, have fun at the parties and share delicious food in a restaurants. Do not forget the folk wisdom that one brain is good but two is much better. With the companion help you can make a better decision in choosing destinations and places to see. Sometimes smart friend can help to occupy a better room or discuss problems with hotel stuff in a more advantageous way for you. The other benefit from traveling with companion is a cost of vacation. Group of two or three people can save up to 70 percent per person, when alone travelers need to pay the full price. What is very important also that having a companion is more safe for traveler, especially abroad. In the case of emergency friend can call for help or simply translate your problems to a doctor. Traveling with a companion protect you from being left without necessary medical help.

From the other hand, people are individualistic. They need time of silence when they can relax and not bother themselves with etiquette trying to be pleasant for their encirclement. It’s nice to be your own boss and pick up places by your style. Finally, alone, you spent more time on vacation than on networking. It is common for everyone that person cannot speak and think at the same time. If you philosopher who likes to think about global problems or you are a writer working with a new master peace the vociferous company is not for you.

In conclusion I vote for traveling with companion, since I am a social person and like to communicate with other people. For me it’s very nice to have someone help to pick a better decision and solve problems jointly.

Thanks, Elena.

Hi An Min!

Thanks for suggestions. Check the topic #48.

I would write 1 sentence this way :

Some people prefer to travel with a companion, because it will be more interesting. However, others have a negative attitude, and they find traveling alone is more attractive.

Thank you, Elena.