Urch Forums

#051: Some people believe that success in life com

Erin

Some people believe that success in life comes from taking risks or chances. Others believe that success results from careful planning. In your opinion, what does success come from? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone!

It looks that each essay take more and more time. That one 1.5 hour!

I know that sometimes my language does not sound as English, so

comments are very welcome.

Some people believe that success in life comes from taking risks or chances. Others believe that success results from careful planning. In your opinion, what does success come from? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, some may hold the opinion that success in life comes from taking risks. But others believe that success results from careful planning. It is hard to choose which side to take in this discussion. I think that success lie in the power of both factors. I agree that in order to succeed one should be carefully prepared by wise planning, but in many respects it depends from chance to appear in the proper time on the proper place. My arguments for this point as applied to the financial success, which is very important and usually accompanied any kind of success, are listed as follows.

I agree with the statement that those who does not take risk, does not drink champagne. This catch-words implies that only sportsmanlike person can achieve outstanding results and celebrate his success by opening or smashing to smithereens a bottle of champagne. One can wait better life forever, vegetating in the interminable job and die in the poor. The other one quit his comfortable, but having no prospects job and open his own prosperous business. Refusing of risk taking can carry one off from the way of success. Because fortune very capricious and may not give you a second chance it is smart to try one’s luck at the very other moment. However, among disadvantages of this method I need to count possible loss of everything and incurred debts. Engaging in risk can be a cause of morbidity and premature death.

From the other hand, the word “risk” has another meaning – probability of success. Wise person plans his activities carefully and inspect outcome thoroughly. He does not want surprises in the form of losses that can be prevented. He never deals hasty, but explores and gather information, which enables him to synthesize, gain competencies, make decisions, set goals and take action.

However, simple recipe of success does not exist. I like story about one multimillionaire, who explain how he achieve his current status. He started from buying a box of cookies and sold them separately. Then he bought two boxes and sold all cookies again. After couple of iterations he received inheritance and become multimillionaire. It sounds pessimistically, but very realistic. In real life success is a matter of both factors. One can plans his business very carefully, but loses everything from extraordinary events. Thousands of small businesses disappeared every year because they were unlucky and they have been beaten in a competitive activity.

I believe that with a wise planning and well organizing one can achieve very enviable results. At the same time, every success follows after series of risky and genius decisions.

Thanks!

Elena.

• 5 years later...