Trying to make mom and pop proud
- Rep Power
One should never judge a person by appearance PLS RATE
Hi everybody, could you take a look at this?
"One should never judge a person by appearance. "Although this is a very popular expression I will doubt it.
First of all it is that appearance may give useful clues about the person. Psychiatrists do include a description of their patients’ appearance in a medical chart and use it in a diagnostic process. They pay attention to how groomed the patient, is he concerned about appearance or not, how appropriate dress is for season, gender or occasion. Poor grooming may indicate an emotional problem or psychiatric disturbance, as excessive grooming and mannerism may be an indicator of schizophrenia of a personality disorder. Body language is a part of appearance, and it tells a lot to experienced eyes. A slumped posture and a lack of facial expression may indicate depression or a neurological condition as a Parkinson’s disease. Excessive energetic movements or constantly watchful eyes suggest tension, anxiety or a metabolic disorder.
Secondly, not only psychiatrist may use appearance’s clues. I personally trust the first impression from new acquaintances. It always confirms later. I believe the most important in a person’s appearance is his face. I note the expression of a person’s face, openness of a face, cleverness of eyes, sincerity of a smile. I do not pay much attention to one’s clothes, as it doesn’t tell much. But even the clothes may bear signs of individuality, as whether it is neat or not, how appropriate it to the situation. Using these clues wisely you may tell who the person is and choose an appropriate tactics toward it.
In sum, a careful look on a person may give useful clues about the person.
Re: One should never judge a person by appearance PLS RATE
Score: 3.0 ( Another Tough one)
1. Passage is a little short. Especially the one line conclusion does not go well.
2. Though 99% people take a stand in favour, the way you took the opposite stand is good. Para#1 is strong. But again you see, while taking a stand against gives you one strong point to write on. On the other hand, had you taken a faourable stand, you could have gathered atleast 3 points.
3. Point #2 is an illustration of your idea described by you in para#1. Hence there is only one point that stands for you.
4. You can strengthen your case by breaking your points in para #1.
5. numerous examples cited by you are extremely good.
6. Language and construction are up to the mark.
7. Good usage of vocab.
Good Luck for next time.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Last Post: 02-28-2012, 09:34 AM
By mzalutski in forum TWE
Last Post: 06-09-2007, 05:08 AM
By vinod2491984 in forum GRE Analysis of an Issue
Last Post: 07-06-2004, 08:29 AM
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Last Post: 07-13-2003, 03:35 AM
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.