Sponsored Ad:

Thread: #068: Many teachers assign homework to students ev

Blog Entries

Good post? Yes | No
    Sponsored Ad:
    Many teachers assign homework to students every day. Do you think that daily homework is necessary for students? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.
    ☼ Waiting for Godot

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Hello everybody:
    Please review my essay. Thanks a lot.

#68. Many teachers assign homework to students every day. Do you think that daily homework is necessary for students? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

I do not think that daily homework is necessary for students. On the contrary, daily homework will make students bored, occupy their free time, and limit their creative thinking.

First, in general, students stay at school for five or six hours per day. After classes they should take some other physical activities to rest their brain and exercise their bodies. In other words, sports can help them refresh their mind and they can have more energy to learn new lessons effectively. However, daily homework sticks them in learning. Students can easily get tied and bored. Without interest, they are forced to finish their “burdens” in order to avoid criticizing from their parents as well as teachers. So, the result can be imagined, vain.

Second, daily homework uses up their free time ruthlessly. After whole day classes, students should have rights to arrange their free time at home. They can read whatever books they like, watch television, or play games. If they are free to enjoy their enthusiastic activities, they are willing to love their lives much better than they have to bring their “work” even back home. Unfortunately, homework makes them have less or even no time to do want they enjoy. More worse, heavy assignments make them live more like learning machines than human beings.

Third, daily homework limits their thinking. If students have more time to read some other extracurricular books, they can broaden their mind to have more novel ideas. The comprehensive knowledge can help them better understand their subjects. Furthermore, they may have more innovative ideas to improve or even create something. However, homework has much less such effect. It forces students to pay more and more attention to their books and reduce their curiosity about other fields.

In conclusion, daily homework is not only necessary for students but also consume their precious free time and hinder them to develop more completely at both mental and physical aspects.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    Today the student's situation is the focus for many people.Someone say that the student's homework burden is high so that we must reduce their homework a lot,or to stop assign them homework so that they will grow better.Other people say that the student nowadays is too lax to finish their basic studying task,so the teacher must assigh more homework for the student.We can not say every one of these ideas is wrong,I think the homework is necessary,but the way for the teacher to assign the homework is critical.

Firstly,if teacher no longer assign the homework to the student,when the student go home,they will just play,and when they will go to school next day,they will forget the thing which they study before,that will make the teacher spend time to review the things.That will waste the time for teachers to teach the new things to them.

The homework is important for the good teaching,but the teacher must think how to assign the homework to the student.The homework's content should change.For example,the teacher should assign their student to review the things they teach the day before,so that they will easy to continue their teaching in the next day.The teacher also should assign the homework to urge the student to prestudy the textbook,so that they will study more efficient in the class.

According to the discussion above,the homework is important to the good teaching,we should eliminate all the homework because of the student's burde,at the same time,teacher must change the homework's content so that the student will easy to finish it.

Eager!

Good post? Yes | No
    The topic asks us to analyze the necessity to assign homework on a daily basis. Although at college level the student has more liberty, I believe that certain rules must be obeyed. One of those rules is to work hard every day. This continuous work can be assured only by doing homework daily.

First of all, to understand the topic we need to scrutinize the educational system. The human society established an educational system in order for young people to learn all they need to know further in life. The learning process is very complex and also personal, but the first thing that needs to be assured is repetition. You cannot learn anything, if you read it once and never think about it again. You must read it again and again and again. Surprisingly to many people you will discover many ideas that you missed the first or second time. That is the purpose of repetition. The best way for students to train their abilities and develop their thoughts is to do homework every day. That is why homework needs to be taken very seriously by the students as well as by the students.

Secondly, even though many students do not like do homework, this activity might help them in the future. You may not be attracted to a subject from two or three hours of class, but you may start to feel the notions after you rethink them at home. For instance I did not like physics very much. In high school mathematics and computer science fascinated me and I did not pay much attention to the other subjects. But in the first to college years I realized the complexity and beauty of quantum mechanics or electronics. I would not have begun to love these subjects if it were not for homework. Therefore doing homework daily helped me to expand my areas of interest and my horizon of knowledge.

Thirdly, the mass concept that homework is boring and useless must be dealt with in a serious way. A teacher has to try to diversify as much as possible the exercises done in the classroom and assigned for homework. The student must feel a part of the education and not just a robot executing some algorithms. For this kind of activity we have computers. Humans are creative and teachers have to try to stimulate imagination. Homework does not hamper the developing process of a student on the contrary it helps him/her to choose what he/she likes.

Finally, a daily activity has much more munificent effects in the long run than a temporary struggle. For example most of the students that have learned all through the scholar year achieve much better grades than students that try to pile up hundred of pages in few days. So forcing students to advance gradually in a subject will help them for their final examination.

To sum up, I strongly believe that students need to do homework daily to learn a particular subject. Only by repetition and determined work you can advance in any realm.

Good post? Yes | No
    <font face="Verdana">All frank comments are welcome here. My exam is on Jan 22th, I NEED SOMEONE 2 RATE MY ESSAY........PLEASE HELP!!! </font id="Verdana">

Many teachers assign homework to students every day. Do you think that daily homework is necessary for students? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

It is a common notion that students have homework and papers to do when they reach homes. some may hold the opinion that daily homework is necessary ,while, others think that daily homework can be optional. In my perspective, I believe that daily homework is necessary for students. My reasons to support this view are outlined as follows.

My primary reason is that daily homework provide students self- discipline. Assigning daily homework will remind students of their duty to study and drives them to have good disciplines ,such as being on time and be responsible, before entering the real world.

Another reason is that students can practise and understand their lessons more by doing daily homework. Doing daily homework encourages students to revise knowlegde they have learnt each day. For instane, Math is one of requisite subjects that need to practice a lot, thus, students can comprehend more difficult math problems by doing daily homework. Moreover, daily homework will effectively measure students’ understanding and abilities.

Lastly, assigning daily homework pushes students to focus during classes. Some teachers give special scores for students who do their homework perfectly because they listen to teachers’ lecture and obtain almost every deatil. Without daily homework, some students may skip school or not pay attention while teachers are teaching.

On the whole, if all the factors mentioned above are considered, we can reach the conclusion that assigning students daily homework has numerous advanatges as discussed above. Therefore, I strongly believe that it is better for students to have daily homework.

Thread Information