Urch Forums

#071: Which would you choose: a high-paying job wi

Erin

Which would you choose: a high-paying job with long hours that would give you little time with family and friends or a lower-paying job with shorter hours that would give you more time with family and friends? Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.

In any society, people have to work and keep the wolves out of the door. Should I have chance to select between a high-paying job with long hours and lower-paying job with shorter hours, I would prfer to the job with low-paying and shorter hours because I want to have fun with my family and my friends after keeping the wolves out of my door.

It has been claimed that the more money you earn, the more happy you are. So this argument goes on, some people think the high-paying job with long hours is better. However, the survey indicated that the employees working in IT areas in the silicon vallege can not have time to date with their girlfriends because of their long working hours. Indeed, most of them have to work more than 15 hours every day, how could they find time to meet new friends? Althrough most of them have high salary, they have not time to enjoy the romantic stories and find the true love in their lives.

Moreover, job with over long working hours is harmful to our health. Time is fair to everyone, so working hours and our spare time are exclusive. The more time you spend on the job, the more stressful you are. Moreover, even the machine needs to be lubricated. How could human being can stand the long time over work job? In the world, nothing is more important than our health.

In addition, job with shorter working hours enable me to have time enjoy the deversity of life. With shorter working hours job, I can spend more time our my lovely baseball game, watch the movies with my girlfriends or read novel.

Anyway, only with the shorter working hours job can I enjoy the easy life and find out the colorful spirit of life. Can you image the life without the time to date with your lovely girlfriend?

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_

I reviewed my essay, and found some typos. The below is the one after revised.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_

In any society, people have to work and keep the wolves out of the door. Should I have chance to select between a high-paying job with long hours and lower-paying job with shorter hours, I would prfer to the job with low-paying and shorter hours because I want to have fun with my family and my friends after keeping the wolves out of my door.

It has been claimed that the more money you earn, the more happy you are. So this argument goes on, some people think the high-paying job with long hours is better. However, the survey indicated that the

employees working in IT areas in the silicon vallege did not have time to date with their girlfriends because of their long working hours. Indeed, most of them have to work more than 15 hours every day, how could they find time to meet new friends? Although most of them have high salary, they have not time to enjoy the romantic stories and find the true love in their lives.

Moreover, job with over long working hours is harmful to our health. Time is fair to everyone, so working hours and our spare time are exclusive. The more time you spend on the job, the more stressful you are. For instance, even the machine needs to be lubricated, how could human being can stand the long time job? In the world, nothing is more important than our health.

In addition, job with shorter working hours enable me to have time enjoy the deversity of life. With shorter working hours job, I can spend more time on my favorate baseball game, watch the movies with my girlfriends or read the novel. Shorter working time job let me have the flexibility to enjoy the life.

Anyway, only with the shorter working hours job can I enjoy the easy life and find out the colorful spirit of life. Can you image the life without the time to date with your lovely girlfriend?

Here is my essay, I would love to get as much as posible critics from you all.

-------------

High-paying jobs long hours and short hours with lower-paying job both have their own advantages and disadvantages point. Personally, I would rather to have a job with long hours and get high-paying. It's does not make sense to me to have an easy, short hours job and get lower-paying.

Firstly, a job which requires long hours normally is a difficult. If it were not difficult, the employee would not need to pay you high, you do not have to spend a lot of time working on it. Moreover, getting higher pay means getting higher responsibility. Thus, higher responsibilities ask people to work more carefully, exactly and effectively.

Secondly, if you want to get promoted, to play an important role in your company short hours job do not lead you to that goal. Short hours job is more suitable for the people who just wish to work to make money for living. These groups of people do not need to pay as highly attention on their work as the other ones. So for me, in order to become a successful person, I wish to work at the high responsibility and risky job such as a stock broker or a correspondent. Then I definitely cannot choose the short and easy job.

Unavoidably, high-paying job sometimes takes too much of time and friends and family are also very important. However, there are many people were already successful in both carrier and family. The point is how to do everything in plan. It would be best, if you could both work hard and then enjoy the rest time happily with your friends and family. Besides, getting high pay give you a better life then you have more money to support for you family.

In a word, I think, it is better to have a long hours work and get high-pay. It is also better for the national economy, the longer hours people work the more products they make.

• 5 months later...

Hi maytinlee:

You did not mention family but only friends. I think family is one important part of our lives. We may not succeed without our family. So, How about try to mention them. Anyway, this is requested by the topic too.

• 2 weeks later...

Which would you choose: a high-paying job with long hours that would give you little time with family and friends or a lower-paying job with shorter hours that would give you more time with family and friends? Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.

Please check this one out! Thank You!:)

If I have to choose between a high-paying job and a low-pay job, I think I will choose the high-paying and more demanding job. I consider that this kind of decision is about whom we are and what we really want to do with our lives.

I am an extremely active person, always trying to discover or to learn something new and the idea of just hanging around with friends just for the sake of it sometimes seems to me a waste of time. In what concerns my family, since I live with my parents, I get to see them everyday, so nobody can say that I neglect them in anyway.

I prefer having a well-paid job that in time will give me the boost that I want in the field that I choose to work in. I prefer putting late hours just for the satisfaction of getting the job well done, because I know that my parents well as my friends will be very proud of me if I succeed. Besides, if something goes wrong at the office, and if afterwards, I am trying to spend some time with my friends or my family, it really will not be quality time because I will constantly think about what I was not doing right at the office. I do not think that this is right towards them or me.

To conclude, I prefer to have a well paid job that will give me the opportunity of having if just once in a year, a great vacation, when I will spend quality time with my best friends, and that will also give me the opportunity of making many gifts to my family, since I enjoy that very much. I consider that it is possible to balance the personal with the professional life, and to achieve satisfactions in both.

Dear Mr. Billy,

Please rate my essay and try to make comments on it, or correct my errors in grammar. I would be glad to hear your comments. Anyone is also welcome and can also rate my essay. Thank you.

Topic:Which would you choose: a high-paying job with long hours that would give you little time with family and friends or a lower-paying job with shorter hours that would give you more time with family and friends? Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.

Based on the statement given above, I would rather choose a high-paying job with long hours that would give me little time with family and friends than a lower-paying job with shorter hours that would give me more time with family and friends. There are many reasons why I chose a job which pays more and offers longer hours than a job which pays lesser but offers fewer hours. In our generation, people have to work harder to earn more money in order to survive. Nowadays, members in each families are increasing in number, hence, it imposes each parents to work even harder in order to support their families. A high-paying job with long hours may not give me more time for family and friends but, I would say, I would be able to earn more money in order to satisfy myself and my family. Parents with a large family members often find high-paying jobs to support their families because they find that having to work as part time is not enough to them to support their kids and pay of their bills. These parents who work with high-paying jobs make the most of their time working and being with their families and friends on weekends or whenever they possibly have the chance in spending time with time. They spend their time with their kids as much as they can to catch up with their tight schedules.

On the other hand, people who works with a lower-paying job with shorter hours give them more time with their familiy and friends but, the fact that they do not earn enough money, they are not capable of supporting their kids and pay all of their bills well. These people end up seeking financial support from the government, especially those families having a large family member. I would say, they may have to spend more time with their family, kids, and friends but they still end up worrying what to feed their family. These are the problems they are going to encounter if parents work with lower-paying jobs.

I would say, high-paying jobs with long hours do still have an advantage over lower-paying jobs with fewer hours because on this kind of generation that we live in, we always have to make sure that we provide enough for our family; giving them enough food, shelter, clothing, and education for them when they grow up. These are the things that we have to consider to prepare ourselves for the future.