Urch Forums

#167: Your school has enough money to

newlife

Dear Erin, this is my forth essay posted here, pls give some comments. Thanks a lot.:o:o:o

167 Your school has enough money to purchase either computers for students or books for the library. Which should your school choose to buy computers or books? Use specific reasons and examples to support your recommendation.

I have just received a questionnaire from the school about whether to buy computers for students or to buy books for the library, if the school has enough money. Different people may hold different opinions. In my point of view, however, the school should use the money to buy computers for students. Computers have many advantages and contribute to our effective study.

To begin with, computers help us in remembering things. Computers have the memory function and can help us remember knowledge. The disks can store large quantities of data. With many subjects to study, what we need to remember is increasing. It is not realistic or hard to write all the things and keep in mind. With a computer, we can collect, save different material in the computer, then find, and review them easily when we need them. Although books are also helpful in searching for information, they are much inconvenient.

Moreover, computers help to connect us with teachers, classmates or even the other part of the world. Through the email, we can interchange our opinion with others. I can send an email to teachers when I meat a problem in understanding a theory, I can also discussion with my classmates on our homework. Accessing to internet, we can get updated news in other countries and learn more about the world. Books cannot provide all of those conveniences.

In addition, computers are relatively few in proportion to the large numbers of students. There is a computer for about one hundred students. It is always full in the computer room, and many students have no chance to use the computer. The school needs more computers to accommodate the needs. Therefore, it is urgent to buy more computers.

In conclusion, computers can help us in study and are in great need. Although books for the library are also very important, I strongly suggest that the school choose to buy computers.

• 1 year later...

Topic #167:

Your school has enough money to purchase either computers for students or

books for the library. Which should your school choose to buy computers or

books? Use specific reasons and examples to support your recommendation.

Many students in my school sometimes talk about the necessary equipments.

Althogh many students in my school still prefer books, I have the opinion

that computers are the most necessary in my school in that there are still

many students in my school requiring computers and much information in the

Internet that can be retrieved through computers.

More than anything else, many students need computers. Many assignments and

term projects in courses require computers for fulfilling them. Professors

does not usually like writing in hand because of its bad hand and

unclearness. In addition to this, many term projects require many

calculations especially to computer sciencer like me. However, my university

cannot satisfy all of these needs.

The next thing i'd like to mention here is that it can provide students many

helps for retrieving data. Many courses require to gain information about

science, history, economics and statistics. As a method of gaining all of

these information, computers would be preferred rather than books because of

easiness in retrieving.

In conclusion, if my university won a lottery and it has limitless money that

can use, I recommend that my university use it in buying computers. It would

provide many students with more chances to work with school computers without

having to buy their own computers as well as retrieve easily any data.