Urch Forums

"There is nothing that young people can teach older people." Please Rate my essay

darshang

-----------------------------------------

Pls let me know if i get less than 5, if so pls point out the mistakes.

my test is scheduled next week..

Also do you think 5th para is bit off topic

Thanks

-Darshan

-----------------------------------------

"Knowledge is infinite", true indeed. Whoever said it, said it right.

There is no person on this universe you can claim that he knows everthing. Everybody has something to learn from others and i do not believe that older people have nothing to learn from younger people.

There is often a huge generation gap between the older and the younger people and the older people are generally not upto date with the current generation. Be it a new technology or a changing culture, younger people have many reasons to teach the older people about these things which they never heard or experienced before.

In this fast chaning world, new inovations are being made for better living standards. Younger generations who are more aware and more informed about such things are the better people to teach the older people about its reason and advantages.

My father who is in his late sixties dint knew much about the new technologies such as Internet. In his youth, where black and white Television and telephone itself were new, the idea of Internet, Home theaters, etc were not even concieved.The information and usage of these modern inovations which is very much part of the younger generation had provided me plenty of opprtunities to teach my father about these facinating things which he neither heard nor experienced.

My Mother spent most of her life living in her hometomn Bangalore, had limited exposure to outside word. She never knew much about the culture and lifestyle of other people. Since i have seen the culture and lifestyle of diffent countries and lifestyle, i was able to teach my mother about how the culture and lifestyle of other countries are and how it is different from ours. Also, some of the things such as Microven and dishwasher which seems so trival to the younger generation might not be experienced by the older generation. I taught my mother to operate these things which she greatly appricated since she never knew about these things.

Hence, No matter what your age is, there is always something to learn from others, be it a person of your age or an older person or a younger person.

I don't think this essay would get more than a 4.5

You make some spelling as well as some grammatical errors. You can easily check, the spelling errors in a word processor program with a spellchecker. I'm sure some of your errors are typos and you could easily avoid these.

The ideas for the content are good, but you don't introduce the ideas (in the introduction) you talk about in the body of your essay. The things (by the way... try to replace "things" by a better expression ;) ) you write in the introduction belong rather in the conclusion.