Urch Forums

#134: Children should be required to help with hou

Erin

• 3 months later...

My test is after tomorrow May 5th. I am looking through all 5.0-6.0 essays and sometimes I have inspiration to right my own essay. This is one of them. would appreciate your comments especially if I fail this test first time.

My mom always said to me when I was a child: “It is not necessarily for you to do all household work but you have to know how to do it. When time comes you may need all those skills in your everyday life.” She was right. When my brother and I was a child my mom did not insist on me doing all household tasks. But respect and love to our parents made us to help them whenever they need it, of course not to the detriment of our study.

Thus I do agree that children should help their parents with household tasks because it prepare children to adult life, teach them self-discipline and respect to others people work.

To begin with, children’s attitude towards life depends on the “atmosphere” in the house where they grew up. I mean parents show their children how they should behave in different situations. And by helping with household tasks children learn how to manage all uneasy household works in their future life. For example, girls could learn from their moms how to cook, clean and make a house a cozy and comfortable place to live. Similarly, boys could learn from their dads how to fix something and to make something with their own hand. This experience could be very helpful in the children’s future lives.

Furthermore, children can learn self-discipline and respect to others people’s work if they help their parents with household tasks. For example, if children have their own duties in house they live they have to sacrifice some of their time for this work. In this way they learn to organize their time properly and be responsible. Moreover, if children know how uneasy is daily household work for their moms and dads they would always respect and appreciate other people’s work. For example, a husband will never think that his wife household tasks are easier then his job duties. He will try to help her to do it. It will create stronger relationship and happier family life.

To conclude, children have a great benefit when they help their parents with household tasks. Knowledge gained from this kind of work will help them in their future life not only personal but also on the work.

Hi friends plzzzzzzz rate my essay as well as correct me if I am wrong somewhere.

"Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should be required to help with household tasks as soon as they are able to do so. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. "

'Children should be recquired to help with household tasks as soon as they are able to do so'. I agree with this statement to make the child more experienced as well as more responsible person.

Once the children are able to do household tasks they should be recquired to help with them.Take an example of me.When I was in 6th grade, I never used to help Mom in cooking and I used to think that cooking is very easy and Mom can do that very easily.I used to think that Studying is the only toughest thing in the world what I was doing.But when I once started helping her in the cooking I got to know that nothing is easy in this world.We have to learn everything carefully and in a neat manner.I started respecting my Mom's job.I started helping her whenever I used to get free time.when I was in the 10th grade Mom had to travel a lot So sometimes I had to cook for my younger brothers & sisters.If I had not have helped Mom before I would had never cooked for my brothers and we would had suffered a lot for food that time.Now I can cook anything and Now I am a perfect cook.If we help with household tasks when we were children we get more experience also we really get to know the thing how hard it is only if we do that.

If we go to shopping with our parents for grocerries we get to know what we should buy and all.If we do such things we get to know the importance of the tasks and we'll become more responsible persons.

So by above examples I conclude that to get more experience, to know the importance of each task children should be recquired to help with household tasks as soon as they are able to do.He will become more responsible person as well as he will learn to respect the work.

Bye.:)

Hi, everyone.

Please give me some comment.

Thanks in advance.

#134: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should be required to help with household tasks as soon as they are able to do so. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Some menages regard study or play as what must take precedence over hosehold chores for children, while others impose the duty of being involved in housework on them from their early years. In my view, children should take on some household chores, as they have become equal to them, for the reasons below.

A child is full of curiosity, receptive of new knowledge, and therefore readily absorbs everything around them. Thus, whatever kind it may be, the knowledge qualified and beneficial for them should be taught as much as possible within this period; the knowledge of housework is no exception, which carries basic knowledge richly children had better bear in mind. Let's look at the case of doing the cooking. It involves using a kitchen knife to cut vegetables and chop meat. A child who experienced with knives in the kitchen and at least once got their finger cut has taken more attention so as not to do so again, and will be good at dealing with cutlery of any kind as a result.

Moreover, by undertaking a certain role in the family from their early years, children can gain confidence and identify themselves as an essential member of the family. There are children in the world who, like or not, take household chores. Most of them appear to get more firm conviction and confidence in their life. I see this as coming from their realization of their part in the family and fullfilment of duties, and confirmation of their necessity in the family. The involvement of housework thus gives children the feeling of being a important individual and make them self-confident.

In summery, not just does participation in housework during childhood beneift a child in getting wiser. but also give them the feeling their being of great value. Therefore I support this statement.

• 3 months later...

Hi tetyana:

I think your essay is very nice. There just one point I want to suggest:

1."My mom always said to me when I was a child: “It is not necessarily for you to do all household work but you have to know how to do it."

To do so is better than to do it.

Hi miwa:

Your essay is also very good. However, if you could mention some examples to support your following point:

"There are children in the world who, like or not, take household chores.",

it seems stronger. Or you could cut off this sentence:

"Most of them appear to get more firm conviction and confidence in their life.",

it also looks better.

Some other mistakes are:

“In summery, not just does participation in housework during childhood beneift a child in getting wiser. but also give them the feeling their being of great value. Therefore I support this statement.”

"But also gives" replaces "but also give".

I think you mistype “benefit”.

Hi all,

I am going to give toefl on 21 of Aug. I can any one please comment on my essay. You are welcome with any kind of comments.

Can u please tell me where i stand.

#134: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should be required to help with

household tasks as soon as they are able to do so. Use specific reasons and examples to support your

answer.

I agree to the statement that children should be required to help with household tasks as soon as they are able to do so. Children observe and learn things quickly, this would improve their ability to

analyse and make correct decisions. When they help with household tasks their confidence will build up which is important life.

Firstly, children observe things and learn from them constantly. So, they should also help with household responsibilities. This would help them to get organized, which will be helpful in future. For example, When I was in school, I took care of the budget for groceries at home. I used to analyse what purchases are necessary and what are not, then I use to make decision based on the budget, I had with me. Which helps me even now, I can spend money accordingly and also save it.

Secondly, when children help with the household functions and do things perfectly. It will boost their confidence. For example, when kids do entire job. Generally, they should be appreciated, by this gesture, they will be happy and they will build up confidence to do different things. They would also do well in their studies. Building up their confidence is important and will help them in future.

In conclusion, based on the mentioned reasons. I support that children should take part in helping household tasks. Which would build their confidence, oraganisational skills and analatical abilities. It

would also be helpful in future life.

• 4 months later...

Hi All! [tm]

My exam is tomorrow. [heartbeat]Could you please evaluate may essay on this topic.

The question raised in the statement above, whether children should be required to help with household tasks as soon as they are able to do so is disputable one.

On the one hand, children should not be obliged to do most household tasks especially the tasks which can bear danger for children. On the other hand attracting children to help household tasks has many benefits for both children and their parents. My viewpoint is that attracting children to help with household tasks is useful in general.

The first reason for my view is that by helping in household tasks to their parents children learns many things which can be useful in their future life. No matter which kind of task it can be, help with the cooking, cleaning the house, washing a car or working in the garden. These activities will prepare children to their independent life in the future. I can bring my example. When I was a child I liked to help my mother with cooking. I learned to prepare a lot of dishes. When I become a student and live in the dormitory these skills were greatly helpful for me. That’s why I think that by helping to their parents with household tasks children will be prepared for their independent life.

Another reason for my view is that when children do household tasks with their parents or other family members, this serves for strengthening relationship among family members. We all know that as a child grows it sometimes becomes difficult for parents to find common language with them. Engaging in household tasks may help children especially teenagers not to loose contacts with their family members.

Additionally making household activities will teach children to value others work. Moreover it will teach them to work in a team.

As a consequence of all above stated, my opinion is that children should be required to help with household tasks because it will be useful for preparing them to future life and it serves for the harmony of family life.

335 words

Originally posted by miwa

Hi, everyone.

Please give me some comment.

Thanks in advance.

#134: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children hi please provide your valuble opinions my exam is tommrow please erinI do strongly agree that children should be required to help with house hold task as soon as they are able to do. I myself personally have handled many household activities at a quiet a young age , there are several advantages. All these will be discussed in the later part of my essay .

The first and foremost the children develop the sense of responsibilty. teaching the child to be responsible is one of the best way to make him or her a better person in their life. Children also gain self-confidence when given to handle jobs at a very young age , this in turn builds up the self-esteem which is plays a key role in improving the personality in a persons life.

Children when allowed to do certain household activities at a young age it helps them to find summer jobs , for example I learned to cut and maintain the lawn at the age of thirteen the one whole year I did all the maintaining work in our lawn the following year this became summer time job for me as the schools closed I had ample amount of time so when I droped the flyers many turned in my reasonable rate and I made great amount of money . which I saved for my future.

This in turn taught me a lot about the money management . so I learned a great deal about the values of money a very young age , this allowed me to plan a budget with my fathers help and save money for my college funds at a very young age .This also helped me achieve my goal of going to the top ranking college in my country without taking loan from the bank .

Thus in conclusion my experience in making children to do household activities at an young age has been a key to succeed in my life , it has helped me to fulfill my dream , I has made me to learn the value of money at a very young age and made me to climb up to the top of my sucess in my career. All these things would not have been done if my parents would not have allowed me to learn the household actvity of lawn maintenance at a young age.i would strongly recommend every parent to actively involve their kids in the household activities which would make should be required to help with household tasks as soon as they are able to do so. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Some menages regard study or play as what must take precedence over hosehold chores for children, while others impose the duty of being involved in housework on them from their early years. In my view, children should take on some household chores, as they have become equal to them, for the reasons below.

A child is full of curiosity, receptive of new knowledge, and therefore

Moreover, by undertaking a certain role in the family from their early years, children can gain confidence and identify themselves as an

hi my exam is tommrow please provide your valuable opinions please erin

I do strongly agree that children should be required to help with house hold task as soon as they are able to do. I myself personally have handled many household activities at a quiet a young age , there are several advantages. All these will be discussed in the later part of my essay .

The first and foremost the children develop the sense of responsibilty. teaching the child to be responsible is one of the best way to make him or her a better person in their life. Children also gain self-confidence when given to handle jobs at a very young age , this in turn builds up the self-esteem which is plays a key role in improving the personality in a persons life.

Children when allowed to do certain household activities at a young age it helps them to find summer jobs , for example I learned to cut and maintain the lawn at the age of thirteen the one whole year I did all the maintaining work in our lawn the following year this became summer time job for me as the schools closed I had ample amount of time so when I droped the flyers many turned in my reasonable rate and I made great amount of money . which I saved for my future.

This in turn taught me a lot about the money management . so I learned a great deal about the values of money a very young age , this allowed me to plan a budget with my fathers help and save money for my college funds at a very young age .This also helped me achieve my goal of going to the top ranking college in my country without taking loan from the bank .

Thus in conclusion my experience in making children to do household activities at an young age has been a key to succeed in my life , it has helped me to fulfill my dream , I has made me to learn the value of money at a very young age and made me to climb up to the top of my sucess in my career. All these things would not have been done if my parents would not have allowed me to learn the household actvity of lawn maintenance at a young age.i would strongly recommend every parent to actively involve their kids in the household activities which would make

Dear sheju :

Here is my comment on your essay.

#134: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should be required to help with household tasks as soon as they are able to do so. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I do "strongly" is good enough to stress your opinion strongly agree that children should be required to help with house hold task as soon as they are able to do so. I myself personally have handled many household activities at a quiet a young age during my youth , there are several advantages. All these will be discussed in the later part of my the following essay .

The first and foremost the children develop the sense of responsibilty. teaching the a child to be responsible is one of the best way to make him or her a better person in their life. Children also gain self-confidence when they are given ordered to handle jobs at a very young age , this in turn builds up the self-esteem which is plays a key role in improving the personality in a persons life.

Children When children allowed to do certain household activities at a young age it helps them to find summer jobs , for example I learned to cut and maintain the lawn. at At the age of thirteen the one whole year I did all the maintaining required work in our lawn the following year this became summer time job for me as the schools closed I had ample amount of time so when I droped the flyers many turned in my reasonable rate and I made great amount of money . which I saved for my future.

Thus in conclusion my experience in making children to do household activities at an young age has been a key to succeed in my one's life , it has helped me to fulfill my dream , I has made me to learn the value of money at a very young age and made me to climb up to the top of my sucess in my career. All these things would not have been done if my parents would not have allowed me to learn the household actvity of lawn maintenance at a young age.i would strongly recommend every parent to actively involve their kids in the household activities which would make

Dear sheju : [banana][banana]

At first glance, I notice that you use a lot of language that we use during conversation. Thus, I afraid to tell you that you need to practice reading and writing a lot more.

Your major problems are listed as follows.

1. Where is your , and . We need that to seperate each sentence.

2. Take time to review your essay. Try to finish it in advance (about 5 minutes) Many of my friends miss this part and score only 4 instead of 5.

Although you write only 250 words, it is crucial to revise and fix your language and grammatical errors before finishing your test.

3. Try to copy sentnces from books or texts or even essays from Testmagic's website. It will help you to accustomed to the English language.

4. I didn't collect all errors in your essay after realizing that this essay might finish without reviewing process.

All in all, acutally my test is on this thusday,hence, don't trust all the collection I made but you can count on my advise on how to take TWE test. Since your test is tomorrow, I hope this might help you complete better score. Don't forget to report your score on the web ok?[banana]