Urch Forums

Please grade and rate my composition,thanks.

LouisLin

Movies are popular all over the world. Explain why movies are so popular. Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.

What do you enjoy in your leisure time? Perhaps everybody deems that watching movies is a good choice. Now matter what movie types you like, we are conscious of the popularity of all sorts of movies all over the world. Owing to this fad, many people discuss fervently about the issue why movies are so popular. Some people regard that movie have more technical and sound effects than television programs, the others consider that people have a variety of selections to satisfy their taste on movie consuming. I think that both reasons mentioned above are vital merits of movies.

To begin with, movies provide all different kinds of selections to satisfy movies consumers. Some people who are interested in history or hostilities can enjoy in war films, another people who concern about affections can also be addicted to romance movies, the other people who are attracted to dangerous stimuli can be fascinated with horror films. Through the watching movies progress, everybody not only can enjoy their themselves in the movie forms which they like, but they can improve additional information as well.

Moreover, the movie producers spent a lot of money invite the famous actors and actress to play leading roles in the movies. I guess that many people watch movies in order to see their idol. In addition, the movie producers also use the modern technology like computer graphics to make movies vivid and powerful. For example, the movie- Jurassic Park which use new technology sufficiently is a milestone in movies history. It is an extremely great experience that we can see the extinct dinosaurs on the movie.

Last but not least, movie publishers know how to set and build agenda successfully. That is to say, they can take advantage of advertisements and public relations to propagandize their movies with a view to coming into everybody notice. Due to these agenda setting and agenda building, consumers who are exposed to advertisement information are more impulse to watch movies easily. Furthermore, talking about the movies by everybody give rise to an irresistible fashion among the society, this fashion results movies in blossom ultimately.

From what mentioned above, we can know why movies are so popular today. Of course, maybe there are other reasons about why movies are so popular I never present, but I think that there are three above reasons at least to explain the popularity of movies. Finally, I deeply believe that movies will be flourishing gradually and play a vital role in our daily life in the future.

Hi,

I would like to grade you composition, but I don't know exactly how to grade it. Are there some guidlines to follow? let me know. Also, can you tell me if there is a list of essay topics for the TOEFL that I can down load from somewhere to get some practice myself?

Thanks

Tatertot

My suggestions...

Movies are popular all over the world. Explain why movies are so popular. Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.

What do you enjoy in your leisure time? Perhaps everybody deems that watching movies is a good choice[not necessarily. modify this]. Now [no] matter what movie types you like, we are conscious of the popularity of all sorts of movies all over the world. Owing to this fad, many people discuss fervently about the issue why movies are so popular. Some people regard that movie have[movies have] more technical and sound effects than television programs, the others consider that people have a variety of selections to satisfy their taste on movie consuming[delete this.]. I think that both reasons mentioned above are vital merits of movies.

To begin with, movies provide all different kinds of selections to satisfy movies consumers[viewers would be a better word]. Some people who are interested in history or hostilities[cut] can enjoy in[cut] war films, another people who concern about affections can also be addicted to romance movies[others can watch romantic movies, horror movies and so on...], the other people who are attracted to dangerous stimuli can be fascinated with horror films. Through the watching movies progress, everybody not only can enjoy their themselves in the movie forms which they like, but they can improve additional information as well.[not only can people enjoy the film, they can also learn new things during the process of watching films]

this last one is a good point which you can elaborate on. Talk about how movies can improve language skills, especially.

Moreover, the movie producers spent a lot of money invite the famous actors and actress to play leading roles in the movies. I guess[avoid such informal usage] that many people watch movies in order to see their idol. In addition, the movie producers also use the[cut] modern technology like computer graphics to make movies vivid and powerful. For example, the movie- Jurassic Park which use new technology sufficiently is a milestone in movies history. It is an extremely[cut] great experience that we can see the extinct dinosaurs on the movie.

Last but not least,[this is correct, but use "in conclusion," or "in summary"...sounds better:)] movie publishers know how to set and build agenda successfully. That is to say, they can take advantage of advertisements and public relations to propagandize their movies with a view to coming into everybody[everybody's] notice. Due to these agenda setting and agenda building, consumers who are exposed to advertisement information are more impulse[eager] to watch movies easily[cut]. Furthermore, talking about the movies by everybody give rise to an irresistible fashion among the society, this fashion results movies in blossom ultimately.[not clear]

From what mentioned above, we can know why movies are so popular today. Of course, maybe there are other reasons about why movies are so popular I never present, but I think that there are three above reasons at least to explain the popularity of movies.[Avoid such statements. you have given your reasons for the essay, and that should do, IMO.] Finally, I deeply believe that movies will be flourishing gradually and play a vital role in our daily life in the future.