Urch Forums

please rate my essay--study abroad

bibicall

Topic: Many Students choose to attend schools or universities outside their home countries. Why do some students study abroad? Use specific reasons and details to explain your answer.

There are many different reasons why people choose to study abroad. When talking about studying overseas, it is important to consider three basic points of view. Some people study abroad for knowledge, while others do for new experiences. However, some people attend to schools or universities outside their home countries just to get a qualification for career preparation.

First of all, some people look forward to learn more knowledge. It is often said that knowledge is the key to power. People should learn as much as they can. My sister, for example, worked in famed Hotel as a PR manager. Some day, she thought that she could not learn more from her work. She had decided to study abroad and got more knowledge about public relations and marketing.

Second, some people are eager to expose to new challengers and seek for new experiences. Studying abroad makes people experience different culture and offers people the experience of independence. The more people go far away from their home, the more experiences they gain in real life. Take myself for example. I often think that studying overseas is a fabulous thing. If I could study abroad one day, it would be a wonderful memory. I could study the subject I want to learn, and make friends with those from different countries. Beside, I could learn how to take care of myself. Third, some people choose to study abroad to get a qualification. For instance, my classmate thinks that it is helpful in his job to studying abroad and getting a degree. Therefore, he went abroad to study after graduating from university. Now, he has a good job and a good position.

To sum up, people in my country choose to study overseas for three basic reasons I have mention above. I believe that studying abroad would enrich my life. Moreover I could gain a lot of new experiences when studying overseas.