Urch Forums

Pets. How to treat them???

Ziyod

Seemed rather hard to write something but I managed. It’s the first time I liked my essay a little J and first time more than 330 words.

Would you please rate it or at least read and leave your comments

I’m sure you want to say something after all.

Please, if you rate this essay don’t argue with my ideas if you have totally different opinion. I aimed to show my English proficiency rather than to debate.

So,

-----------------------------------------------------------

0182 Many people have a close relationship with their pets. These people treat their birds, cats, or other animals as members of their family. In your opinion, are such relationships good? Why or why not? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

---------

Many people live with their pets and have close relationship with them. Typically, people have a dog in their backyard and treat them like they are close friends, talk to them and care much. Some people may not have children but they have pets to care like they are family members. I agree that such relationship may be useful from one side but cannot agree that one should consider pets as a full member of his family.

Firstly, people should not forget that pets are not human beings and they cannot substitute interpersonal relationship. If a child take care of his dog it is quite normal situation, but if he treats it like a member or even closer it is not good. The reason is that people who cannot make close relations with people often have close relationships with pets. You can easily see the difference between lonely person's attitude to his pet and the attitude of a person to his pet having two kids.

Unfortunately, most animals have rather short life-time than human being. It means if a child has too close relationship with his pet he will deeply sorrow of the pet's death. As you know how death of a family member affects a person you should understand that child's psychology will be at risk.

Next, there are many cases when pets became uncontrolled and dangerous for people. I remember a man had close relationship with a lion and lived together in an apartment. That lion was calm and even starred in a famous Russian-Italian movie. One day when the lion became hungry it ate that man. Of course, such situation happens not often, but we know that dogs, when ill, bites people around for no reason became.

In conclusion, although I don't have any pet I understand that having a pet is useful and funny. But I wanted to say that pets should be pets and people shouldn't have too close relationships with them like the have with a person.

-----------------------------------------------------------

333 words:

2 spellings

1 grammar

So, what’s your opinion?