Urch Forums

Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare (TOEFL Essay)

rohit_inamdar

Topic 3: Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Food is the one of the most important basic need to survive. No human can live without food. The living of human has not changed since past to present in the sense that he always has to struggle to acquire food. But In today’s life man gives more importance to his material greed. So he always looks for the comfort, easiness or less time to get anything and the food is no exception for this. So I think apart from natural tendency to acquire food the living of Human being has changed to some extent.

The most important think is that in past human used to struggle so much to get the food. He used to hunt or search food in the deep forests. And then he used to cook it by means of wood fire. So the process was taking too lengthy and taking so much time. As man invented machines and other material thinks like cooker, pan etc. It now takes just minutes to prepare the food. So the living changed i.e. he does not have to go for hunting or burn woods. He is now getting lot of leisure time.

As the more material things get invented like TV, Radio etc… The priority of man has been changed as the time evolved. Now he gives more importance to career, education etc. Man always tends to give more time to these things. So the leisure time he saved from preparing food invests in such things. Apart form that in today’s world there is lot of work pressure or social bonds that he has to maintain. So now man can always spare time for such things which matters most in today’s life.

In the past there were very few options about food. Man used to eat more and more natural food. i.e. meat or fruits or vegetables. But in today’s world so much variety came. So man has become very conscious regarding the food he’s eating. So he always looks for good lifestyle. And quality food is the major part of it. So in this sense the lifestyle is changed.

In short the basic need remained same i.e. to survive one has to acquire the food. This will not change in the future also. But he has become more conscious about the food he is eating and getting more leisure time. We can say that the food is the essential part of human living and easiness of preparing food has contributed to human living to some extent.