Urch Forums

telephones and email

minisarah

0088 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Telephones and email have made communication between people less personal. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Nowadays, with the rapid development of technology, telephones and email have been the popular means of communication. Some people think they make communication between people less personal but i don't think so.

Sometimes, speaking directly is more difficult than through telephones or email. I remember once I quarrelled with my close friend. After that, I felt it was quite uneasy to speak with her any more because when I saw her face, I was reminded the moment she had been so angry with me. Then, I called her up, and told her how much i felt sorry for what had happened. It was telephone that enabled me to express what i think more easily. I'm sure that I could also send an email to her in that case.

Moreover, to the people who are living far away, telephones and email are the only way to communicate with each other, personally and directly. My boyfriend is studying abroad. And I cannot imagine how we could contact with each other without email and telephones. Only a short message or a call from him can make me happy through out a day. Via telephones and email, we can send the truly love to each other. It is also the way to communicate personally.

Generally speaking, telephones and email are the result of the technology development so they certainly help us much in communication. Though we cannot touch the partner but we can say or write what we cannot while speaking directly. Communicating through telephones and email is not only more quickly but also more personally.

"but i don't think so." Avoid using "oral" language.

"through telephones or email" -> through telephone or email

"with my close friend" -> with a close friend

"It was telephone that enabled me to express what i think more easily." -> The telephone really helped me express my thinking more easily.

"contact with each other " -> contact each other or "keep in touch with each other"

Very good essay

Rated 5

When writing, we should focus more on the accuracy. We can say " my close friend" in speaking in this case but saying "a close friend" seems more accurate because one normally has more than one close friend. Moreover, in this case, when "close friend" first appeared in the story, we should use "a". When we mention him again, we can use "my close friend" because now, this close friend is difinite.