Urch Forums

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should begin learning

santana

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should begin learning a foreign language as soon as they start school. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.

Today, knowing a foreign language provide many opportunities for people in school and working life. So I totally agree with the statement that children should begin learning a foreign language in the early ages. There are many reasons for my choice and I would like to put them in the following way.

Firstly, the main reason why learning foreign language is an important in the early life is that, in working life, many campanies want to candidates knowing at least one foreign language. Thus, ıf you want to provide a brilliant career for your child , chilldren should begin as early as learning foreign language.

Next, another reason is that, when people go anywhere in the world, they have to know foreign language to communicate other people. Today, people commonly learn english because it is used almost every country. If children learn english the early years, they can learn faster and can rule over language easier than older ages.

What is more, today many television canals , newspaper and internet include foreign language. If child learn this language the early ages, they improve their knowledge easly. Moreover, children can improve their qualification by this way. For example, in the school, they can read book written foreign language and solve their shcool problem easly.

In conclusion, learning foreign language is an important for people for many ways and ıf children learn in the early years ,they will be superior in their private and school life.

please ,can somebody comment about my essay?

thank you

santana

Hi santana, well i thought to write an opposite thought, may be readers may rate mine too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should begin learning a foreign language as soon as they start school. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.

Children should first learn their mother language then priority should be given to other languages. In my school, an English Medium school, I was taught English and my native language together. When children are young and new to the world around them, they learn things better. In this case, learning a foreign language, depends on the school syllabi or the parents' insistence. In general, it is the former that dictates the route a child takes towards learning a language.

In my opinion, children must learn their native language first. The more they learn their native language, the better they will grasp the technicalities of that language. Foreign anguage can be taught later. For example, in my area certain local schools introduce the children to English language at age 8, since its knowledge has become very important in today's perspective of job market and career. Children should not be introduced to a foreign language before they learn their native language upto the elementary level.

In addition, children learn better when they are taught in their native language. Children explore their surroundings and learn to converse with eople around them who speak in native language. For example, if a child would like to drink water or attend to the call of nature, he would ask his parents in , their, language and not in a foreign language. Hence children must be introduced to a foreign language later on in school.

Furthermore, I think that children can be taught a foreign language later in school because it is then they could be made to realise that to get good opportunities, knowledge of such a foreign language is essential. Addition of the foreign language in the school syllabi would then make a student learn it and benefit with the view that such a foreign language would new vistas and avenues of emplyment for the child in future.

All along I do not agree that children should be taught a foreign language as soon they start school. The child must learn his native language first, become familiar with its usage in daily life and then learn a foreign language at the level, prescribed by the school board. The responsibility, thus, depends upon the school board commitee that they frame the school syllabi that introduces the children to a foreign language at level when these children reach the correct age.