Urch Forums

Please rate my composition-some important characteristics of a co-worker

LouisLin

We all work or will work in our jobs with many different kinds of people. In your opinion, what are some important characteristics of a co-worker (someone you work closely with)? Use reasons and specific examples to explain why these characteristics are important.

It goes without saying that nobody can survive without getting along with other people; therefore, we will hardly do anything successfully if we refuse other people’s helps. That is to say, we have to associate with different characteristics people, especially co-workers. The issue of people’s views about the important characteristics of a co-worker deserves careful consideration because it is such a complex issue. Some people seem to think that a helpful colleague for us is very important, another people tend to consider that co-worker should be a transparent person; however, the other people incline to deem that we need the loyal fellow workers. In my opinion, I think the above three characteristics are requirement of co-workers. In the following parts, I will try to detail the reasons why co-workers should have helpful, transparent and loyal characteristics.

To begin with, if we are in adversities or encounter great difficulties, helpful co-works can help us to overcome all hampers. Take myself for example, I work in a newspaper publisher, as everybody knows, I always meet with overloading amount of work and usually work overtime. It thanks to my colleagues’ help, I can finish my job in time. Therefore, from my point of view, I regard helpfulness as the important characteristic of a co-worker.

Secondly, I also suggest that a successful co-worker should have transparent characteristic because an old proverb goes “honesty is the best policy”. As we know, we can believe the co-worker who is honest toward everybody. For instance, there is a colleague who often lies in my company. Because of his characteristic, everybody doesn’t trust him including our supervisor. I recall that he wanted to be together with me to design a project. Due to his fabrication, I can’t collaborate with him. From what mentioned above, we can know that co-workers should have transparent characteristic so as to obtain others’ trusts.

Thirdly, I consider that loyalty is also the necessary factor for co-workers. To put it differently, if a co-worker is used to betray his companies and colleagues, we wouldn’t have peace of mind associating with him. On the contrary, loyal co-workers will make us all relieved.

To sum up, I can come up with my own conclusion that the best co-workers should have helpful, transparent and loyal chrematistics. Not only do we can trust them and cooperate with them, but also we can feel at ease to get along with them. Last but not least, the helpful colleagues can help us get over all kinds of difficulties and predicaments. Of course, there are some reasons for this topic that I have never presented before. Nevertheless, for the reasons I have presented above, I deeply believe that my opinion is the most valid.