Urch Forums

If you could ask a famous person one question, what would you ask?

Fresheart

Please kindly comment my essay :)

If you could ask a famous person one question, what would you ask? Why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

I always admire celebrities and would like to meet them because I want to be like them. It is good that many people know me as a star. When I go to each place, they will ask me for an autograph and welcome me warmly. If I had a lucky chance to ask a famous person one question, I would ask him how he made his life successful. His answer might have a lot of benefits: to guide me for living, to encourage me when I am depressed, and to show the consequence of good deed.

The means a famous person use to accomplish their life is a valuable lesson. Such advice from him could teach me how to become a celebrity and to handle fame. If he was a star, he would tell me about his feeling at his first audition and suggest the way to handle anxiety. Then, he would recommend the necessary habits to maintain the fame such as respect and honesty. This advice surely leads me to a successful life.

Everyone has his miserable day in his life but what matters is how he managed to get through that day. The more experience we have, the better we have solutions to the problems. In this case the experience from a famous person is really worthy. If he was a basketball player, he might describe how awful it was when his team lost several matches in succession. But he roused his teammates and brought team’s spirit back so his team could become a champion finally. From his story, it always reminds me to fight any obstacles even if the day I am deeply depressed.

“Good example is worthier than teaching” is one of my mottos. To persuade our children to be a good person, only words are not enough, but we also have to emphasize the advantage of being a good person by showing the real proof. Narrating for children the story of the famous person they favor would convince them to the proper way of life.

The way a famous person did to differentiate himself from others is very interesting even if he did not even think to be famous. Though how much useful a famous person’s answer to my question is, it will be totally useless if I do not care about his answer and let it go out of my mind.

• 5 years later...

I`m always amazed by the strength of mind and soul of some famous people, who never showed weakness at the face of difficulties. And it is always interesting to know what was and what is keeping them strong: sometimes it is love, sometimes hatred, etc. May be their experience could help us to live our life more gratefully?

One of such people is a famous composer Johann Sebastian Bach. If he was alive and if I could ask what I want, the question would be about what was keeping him strong and what was giving him inspiration to create new masterpieces when his eyes were losing their light . Well lately I found the answer somehow myself. A strong faith in Lord was keeping him steady. Not only did Johann Sebastian Bach compose and play some of the world’s most beautiful music, but he incorporated his faith into his works to further glorify God. Though his music was not appreciated until long after his death, Bach left a legacy of cantatas, concertos, fugues, and arias that point to the Lord. This was Bach’s true ambition in life.

“Praise the Lord with the harp; make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre. Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy”, says Psalm 33. Johann Sebastian Bach followed those lines wholeheartedly throughout his life.

So as a lesson from his life experience we should get the following: there is always hope and we can do anything we want, live any difficulties of this live with strong faith in God.