Urch Forums

Do people activities harm to th Earth?

Jean  Walter

Topic 29:

Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

People believe the Earth is being harmed by human activity because of environment pollution. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live because of the convenient infrastructure. However, I think we do not always do what is better for the Earth.

Firstly, "out of sight, out of mind" is the world's perspective for the environment. We cannot see the hole in the ozone layer, and also we cannot see the pollution in the water. We human beings are the smartest animals. But we always think of ourselves, consequently, the more convenient we get, the more harmful to our planet.

Secondly, the fact is that chemicals are depleting the ozone layer, and we have been affected by that. The global warming and the disaster of each year people suffer as we can see are the best examples, such as Hurricane Katrina. It was the caution that we human should actively do something to protect our only Earth.

Last but not least, there are still many harmful things in action of human beings. For example, The forest cut down every year cause the extinction of some species of animals; some factories eject the chemicals from their chimneys result of the pollution in the air . In addition, Human's spray poisons on the land we live on and expect that nothing wrong will happen. These poisons eventually end up in our water we drink or shower in.

In conclusion, how can we image that we go outside without seeing the blue sky? We should regard the pollution problems on our planet as the emergency situation and cope with it actively. Never think it is nothing happen to you and ignore it.

I think this topic a bit difficult to give examples. I tried to collect information and think for a while before I write.

I examined this topic with using "Essay simulator" within 30 min.

I'll be thankful for your comments!!

All in all a good essay.

The introduction could be improved by shortly preparing the reader for the three body paragraphs.

In my opinion, the body paragraphs could be better separated. In the first one you talk about the ozone layer. In the second paragraph you bring up the ozone layer again when you actually want to talk about global warming.

The third paragraph includes pollution of land, pollution of water and deforestation.

You start the conclusion with "In conclusion,..." and then continue with a question. I don't think you can do that. "In conclusion" has to be followed by an opinion or a fact.

The examples and ideas you have are good! You will just have to try to organise them a bit better. Maybe try writing this essay again (not even using much different argumentation).

Good luck

All in all a good essay.

The introduction could be improved by shortly preparing the reader for the three body paragraphs.

In my opinion, the body paragraphs could be better separated. In the first one you talk about the ozone layer. In the second paragraph you bring up the ozone layer again when you actually want to talk about global warming.

The third paragraph includes pollution of land, pollution of water and deforestation.

You start the conclusion with "In conclusion,..." and then continue with a question. I don't think you can do that. "In conclusion" has to be followed by an opinion or a fact.

The examples and ideas you have are good! You will just have to try to organise them a bit better. Maybe try writing this essay again (not even using much different argumentation).

Good luck

Thank you very much, Lukas, I'll rewrite this and organize it better.;)