Urch Forums

topic 35: attending live performance or watching at home?

ouranous

Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance (for example, a play, a concert, pr supporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Work:

Although there are many people who are ready to spend a great deal of time queueing up to get a ticket for a live performance, I prefer staying at home, watching the same event on television. What is safer, cheaper and more convenient than staying at your comfortable house and still enjoy the show?

There is no doubt that watching the performance on TV is much more comfortable. You can sit back on your familiar sofa and have some favorite food to eat while watching the program. If you are tired, you may lie down on your nice and warm bed to have a rest but still be able to enjoy the show. You may even tune into other channels if the performance does not come up to your expectations. You absolutely enjoy yourself while watching the performance at home.

Also watching the show on TV is safer. If you go to a live show, especially a rock concert, which is always chaotic and turbulent, you are likely to be pushed by a dense crowd and therefore get injured or even be robbed. There is no such fear when you watch the show at home because the only thing you have to do is turn on the TV when it starts and turn off when it finishes.

Last but not least, staying at home and watch the performance on TV is cheaper. The cost for a live show is often considerable high. You will have to pay for not only for the ticket itself but also addttional fees such as parking. Expensive as it is, you may sometimes not enjoy the show because it is too crowded to get a good view for the stage. If you stay at home, all you have to spend on the show is time, which is also less than the amount of time you spend on the live show because there is no such time as getting to the place and returning home after the show.

To sum up, because of the fact that watching the live performance is not as safe, comfortable and cheap as watching the same event on TV, I rarely go out for any live show.

Thanks for reading. Hope that you guys wont be fed up with my essay:rolleyes:

I happened to have this topic in my first exam. I got 4 for my essay. I recalled I had same attitude and structure as yours. But it looks that yours is a little better than mine. So I would give you 4.5. I am sure you would not get >5. Now I am still confused how to make high score for this topic. I have not seen a very good essay yet. If you can find one, please let me know, I will appreciate it.