Urch Forums

top 29 again, welcome to input

hfk

Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Some people believe that our earth has been seriously harmed by human activity. They may give us many examples to support their argument, such as air pollution, breaking of ozone layer, globe warming and so on. However, I personally support the opposite voice, which is that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. It may not need to go too far to find some reasons and examples.

Increasing of world population may give us a good reason to say that human activity ameliorates heavily the living condition of the earth. We all know that epidemic and war are main killers of human being in the past. It goes a long, long period for human to make the population bigger and bigger. However, in the past 100 years, human activities a little by little overcome the natural devastation and wars. Nowadays, the human population is blooming more and more, which directly confirm that our activities make the earth better and better to live.

Second of all, human activity makes us more and more convenient, not only we have more and variety of food, but also the communication and transportation make us closer and closer. We can do what we can and what we image.

However, it is no wonder that human activity has some side effects, such as variety of pollution, environmental change, etc. But I still believe it is sure human being will create some technologies to overwhelm all the shortages in the future.

Finally, let me conclude here that human activity does improve our earth and make it better and better to live. And human being will overcome all the shortages created by them own.

hfk, generally, your writing outshines that of most test takers, mine included. However, the essay (the supporting paragraphs, specifically) does not seem to be directed to the given topic. This sentence--"Nowadays, the human population is blooming more and more, which directly confirm that our activities make the earth better and better to live"--is a bit confusing to me, for instance. Are you suggesting that the growing number of human population makes the earth a better place? If so, how?

This is my first comment here--and I hope it will be somewhat helpful, if not a total nonsense.

Thanks for your comment.

Nowadays, the human population is blooming more and more, which directly confirm that our activities make the earth better and better to live. = The blooming population is a strongle evidence of the fact- human activity makes the earth a better place to live.