Urch Forums

pls assess, correct and score my essay ..

ceste

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Face-to-face

communication is better than other types of communication, such as

letters, email, or telephone calls. Use specific reasons and details to

support your answer.

There are many types of communication especially in todays developed technology. These kinds are also options for people to reach each other. Of course all communication methods are ventage for people but they have some disadvantages as well. Therefore I really prefer to communicate face to face if it is possible instead of posting a letter or sanding an email. This is the bast way of communication. I will express my aspect below with details and several examples.

People have several purposes to keep in touch each other especially in private life. People generally call each other because of their feeling of miss or calling to say or hear what is new. These are the most common reasons to contact eachother. In these kinds of communications exchange of feelings end emotions are significant for people. But technologic communication systems can not bestow this opportunity to people. Because the best way of exchanging feeling and emotion is talking face to face. This bestows also a mutual satisfaction for both communicators or for all if they are more than two. Because to exchange feelings eyes plays the most important role. It is almost impossible to convey your feelings to another by just talking. Communicaters should be eyes to eyes on order to express themselves perfectly.

On the other hand, face to face communication is also the best means of communication in order to influence people. For instance, I have such an experience that before seven years when I was a student, I needed an extansion for my study and I called several times to my teacher. But he never accepted my application and definitely insisted for extension. Then I decided to talk to him face to face and I did. After talking ten minutes in his room I managed to convince him. It was a great success for me and I succeeded this by looking at his eyes and revealing all my needs and problems.

In conclusion, exchancing the emotion is crucial in communication among people. However the new communication systems which are product of developed technology make our life easier, they have lack of ability to convey our feelings among people while talking. People can do this by just the means of talking face to face.

I very much liked the reasons you brought to bear your arguments, ceste! Especially, the second one, where you discussed how face-to-face communication worked with your teacher.

You seem to be aware of your own mistakes on some level--and this is great! I think if you re-read your essay once more, you'll be able to detect some more. Please pay attention to conjunctions and some grammatical points.

Conjunction: "[1] Of course all communication methods are ventage for people but they have some disadvantages as well. [2] Therefore I really prefer to communicate face to face if it is possible instead of posting a letter or sanding an email." Note that the [1] and [2] cannot be connected by "therefore"--the former sentence is not the cause of the latter.

Grammar: Pay attention to prepositions/conjunctions: "in order to" "because of," for instance.

RATE: 3.5 (- 4)