Urch Forums

topic 1 Why do you think people attend college or university ?

sickkid

001 People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Faced with this issue, some people might hold the perception that attending college is for the sake of academic study in many ways. Others, nevertheless, claim that the more education they received, the better jobs they are able to obtain in the future. From my point of view, I would personally advocate the attitude that attending college is a way to help us not only gain a great variety of knowledge but also learn how to study independently and think critically. This notion is of particular importance; thus, manifested below are some of the major reasons and evidence that make me subscribe to this concept.

Undoubtedly, the main purpose for attending college is to have higher education. Yet I am firmly convinced that studying independently is far more essential rather than only having a bachelor's degree without ability to deal with dilemmas. Facts as well as experiences witness and present many examples, we must ,for instances, make our minds ourselves choosing what courses we are going to take which quite differs from the mechanism of the curriculum we previously had in high school or elementary school. Under that circumstance, we have to take into careful consideration deciding what courses benefit us most.

In addition, another intriguing factor for me to be in support of going college is that what distinguished us from animals is to think critically and technically. Therefore, attending college, to some degree, is the process of acquiring the know-how, namely, thinking critically and technically. It is no better illustration that can demonstrate the view. That is to say, going college is an effective method to let us study independently as well as think critically.

To deeply explorer, making a lot of friends is one of the advantages of attending college. With friends surrounding us, we can find out the solutions more effectively while encountering dilemmas which beyond our ability to tackle. Consequently, attending college for critical thinking and independent study could be regarded as a better alternative.

To summarize , based on the discussion mentioned above, which sometimes intertwines to form an organic and thus become more persuasive, we can safely reach the conclusion that attending college is a better way to have higher education with the capabilities in terms of studying independently and think critically.

• 5 years later...