Urch Forums

The importance of group/organization

bbllp

Please help me with this essay. Thnx a lot.

Topic:

Groups or organizations are an important part of some people’s lives. Why are groups or organizations important to people? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.

Essay:

Each of us belongs to many kinds of group or organization: family, school or office. It is undeniable that the role of groups and organizations in our lives are vital. They are important to us because they give us the opportunity to learn teamwork, socialize and have competition.

To begin with, we learn to cooperate with others when we are members of a group. Imagine if you are an actor in the cast of a film, you not only have to study your part but also have to learn to play your part in harmony with others. By living in groups, we gradually come to realize that sometimes we have to sacrifice our own advantages in order to maintain the group's work. In other words, groups help us to learn teamwork.

In addition, groups offer us the chance to interact with others and learn useful life skills. For example, we can learn how to state and defend our opinion before others when we are members of a group. People who don't belong to any group don't have this advantage, which usually results in that their behavior before others is very awkward and unnatural.

Last but not least, we have the opportunity to compete with others when belonging to a group. This is especially true if the group is a selective one that only choose people with a special characteristic. In such groups, we have to compete with others in order to maintain our positions. I used to be the member of an honor class in my junior high school and my memory of this time was still very clear. In order to stay in this class for four years, I had to strive so much that I didn't have time to spare for watching TV or anything else.

In conclusion, we humans can't live without belonging to some kinds of group or organization. They teach us teamwork, social skills and put us in competitions. It would be a true disaster for anyone who isn't the member of any group.

Please help me with this essay. Thnx a lot.

Topic:

Groups or organizations are an important part of some people’s lives. Why are groups or organizations important to people? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.

Essay:

Each of us belongs to many kinds [different types --- I am not cutting marks though for this]of groups or organizations: family, school or office. It is undeniable that the role of groups and organizations in our lives are vital. They are important to us because they give us the opportunity to learn teamwork, socialize and have competition.

[Descent starting]

To begin with, we learn to cooperate with others when we are members of a group. Imagine if you are an actor in the cast of a film, you not only have to study your part but also have to learn to play your part in harmony with others. By living in groups, we gradually come to realize that sometimes we have to sacrifice our own advantages in order to maintain the group's work. In other words, groups help us to learn teamwork.

[Perfect]

In addition, groups offer us the chance to interact with others and learn useful life skills. For example, we can learn how to state and defend our opinion before others when we are members of a group. People who don't belong to any group don't have this advantage, which usually results in that their behavior before others is very awkward and unnatural.

[Logical]

Last but not least, we have the opportunity to compete with others when belonging to a group. This is especially true if the group is a selective one that only choose people with a special characteristic. In such groups, we have to compete with others in order to maintain our positions. I used to be the member of an honor class in my junior high school and my memory of this time was still very clear. In order to stay in this class for four years, I had to strive so much that I didn't have time to spare for watching TV or anything else.

[Good]

In conclusion, we humans can't live without belonging to some kinds of group or organization. They teach us teamwork, social skills and put us in competitions. It would be a true disaster for anyone who isn't the member of any group.

Score : 5.5 - 6.0

Comments:

1. Beautiful blending of examples and points.

2. Good organization.

3. Proofread your work.